Chapter 7

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once her wounds were healed, Jessica resumed her training with the help of Yuri and her cousin Yoona. They did the training in the backyard, at the indoor gym and at the pool. After one week of non-stop exercise, Jessica was able to make four steps unsupported.

"It's been only a week but I can now manage a few steps. Unlike before wherein it took me months before I was able to stand."

"How many months did it take you?" Yuri inquired.

"Hmm...Two months I think. After my physical therapy was terminated, Victoria made me dependent for nearly two months. I have personal assistants 24/7. But I took a stand against it because it only made me feel like I'm a totally debilitated person. I started eating a balanced diet, having enough rest and then exercising my limbs until it progressed to numerous attempts to stand. I was able to do it successfully on the first day that you were here. And now I'm able to walk a few steps. So tell me unnie, do you think that your arrival was a blessing? Do you think that my legs were just waiting for you to come into my life?"

There was a real sign of bliss dwelling in Jessica's eyes while she was throwing those questions to Yuri. And for the first time that the latter stared into the heiress' brown orbs, her heartbeat slowed down and then gradually increased it's pace. She couldn't manage to move when Jessica wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Thank you," she said. "Because you're here and helping me, I can feel that I'll soon be able to walk. When I get married, I want you to be the one walking in the aisle with me. I'll proudly show the whole world that I have a sister like you." Jessica closed her eyes and made Yuri's scent register in her mind. And there in the raven-haired girl's arms she fell asleep.

When the night came, Yoona was in her room having a conversation with her mother. 

"Carlotta told me that you wanted to see me. What is it that you want us to talk about?"

"I want to tell you that I want to extend my stay here. I already told dad and he agreed."

"What made you change your mind? Weren't you the one who said that you're only staying for two months because you have other places to visit?"

"I still want to spend time with Jessica. I wanna see her completely independent with her wheelchair before I leave."

"You sound too concern about her. You don't need to worry about Jessica. Her sister is there to take care of her."

"So you don't want me to stay?"

"I don't mean it that way Yoona. Well if you really want to insist then there's nothing I can do about it."

"Good. By the way, I received the mails earli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter