Chapter 17

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's world is much busier than what Yuri imagined it to be. Other than being a CEO, she's also a student taking up lessons to further improve her leadership and management skills. This gave her the opportunity to continue experiencing the normal student life she's been deprived of because she was home-schooled until she finally enrolled to a university for a college degree in business administration. When she's at work, her desk is filled with reports and whatever it is that needs to be reviewed and approved. And at home, her study table is full of books and papers for her essays and other school-related projects. However, despite being a busy woman, Jessica always try to find time to meet Yuri at least once in a month and to give her a call almost everyday. And sometimes when she's on a break, she's often seen writing something on a glossy, perfumed paper.

"Another love letter for the month?" Jessica's classmate Maite Peroni asked when she sat beside the girl inside the library.

"You don't need to ask anymore. You already know that I only use this paper for that special purpose."

"How long has it been since the two of you started dating?"

"Nearly two years."

"And you're still not engaged?" Maite searched for a ring on Jessica's fingers and there was none. Her friend is not the type who loves flaunting jewelries nor does she love to wear fancy, expensive clothes. Jessica attends school wearing just a plain colored blouse and jeans. And the only jewelry that decorates her flawless skin is a simple silver wristwatch. That's why the students belonging to the lower social class which includes Maite admire Jessica because she's a simple and humble person.

"She haven't asked me yet," Jessica replied with a timid smile.

"How about you? Aren't you planning to initiate the proposal? You can also do it instead of her. I believe you're already at the right age for a lifetime commitment."

Jessica finished the letter first before answering Maite's question. It brought her back to the memory of the night Yuri and Yoona talked at the greenhouse. The lack of weight on the other side of her bed prompted Jessica to wake up and look for her lover and that's when she heard Yuri's conversation with Yoona about marriage. "I overheard her conversation with my cousin two years ago. Yoona asked her if she plans to marry me. The look in her face and the sound of her voice conveyed that she's not yet ready to do it."

"And her asking your hand in marriage is a sign that she's finally ready to settle down with you?" Jessica curved her lips for a smile when she bobbed her head. "Okay. I understand if you're not initiating it then. Hopefully she'll do it soon because I'm excited to see you in a wedding dress. And when that day of proposal happens, don't forget to pick my sister as your wedding planner and me as your maid of honor okay?

Jessica smiled brightly and raised her right hand when she promised to keep in mind her friend's request.

On the other hand, in the business area of Madrid, someone has successfully opened the third branch of her Spanish-Italian restaurant. Kwon Yuri has just finished attending to her guests during the opening ceremony and now she's busy preparing herself for her first appearance in a talk show. She's invited by the show to share her success story to inspire other young entrepreneurs. It is a live show and that fact made her feel more nervous.

"You can do it, my child," Daniela encouraged to ease her daughter's nervousness. They're at the backstage waiting for the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter