Chapter 1

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day passing by means another pebble will be dropped in a fish bowl by an eighteen year old Korean girl born and raised in Barcelona, Spain. Jessica Jung knows that it's the two hundredth pebble that she dropped. A number that is equivalent to the number of days she became dependent on a wheelchair. And the same number of days since she lost her parents in a car accident in Monte Carlo. She was with them on that day but she was the only one who managed to survive the fatal accident. 

Since then Jessica has always been in their estate. She barely talks and always wants things to go her way. She never ate her meal at the dining room and it has become a daily routine for her maids to prepare the necessary things she need for a morning bath. Despite being crippled, Jessica doesn't want the others to bathe her. So while she's taking a bath, the servants wait outside for her to call them in once she's done putting on her clothes and needs help in transferring to her wheelchair.

"Good morning, Jessica," her Aunt Victoria Jeroni greeted while she was having her breakfast. Victoria is the daughter of the second wife of Jessica's grandfather. And since Jessica is still too young to manage her father's international company, Victoria took charge as acting CEO of AB Conglomerate. "You look exceptionally beautiful today, my dear. How's the food? Do you like it?"

"Yes, I do. What time will Atty. Sanchez arrive?"

"Nine. Don't worry. You still got plenty of time to prepare for his arrival. I'll just be in my room. Call me whenever you need anything okay?"

"Okay."

Mr. Romualdo Sanchez is their family lawyer. He came to read Mr. Jung's will which stated that all of his properties including the company will be inherited by Jessica. "But..." There was a special condition mentioned in the will. "If anything happens to my daughter, these properties will be passed on to my daughter with Paloma."

Jessica smiled after hearing the lawyer's last statement. "So he does care about my illegitimate unnie huh? Interesting. Thank you for your service Attorney. You may leave after this. Maria, bring me to my room please."

After the lawyer left, Victoria returned to her room followed by her friend and assistant Carlotta Cardenas. She's enraged because her step-brother never mentioned her name on his will.

"You heard what was in that will Carlotta? Alexander never bequethed even just ten percent of his properties to me! I wasted my time and efforts being a slave of that man! I left my family for nothing!"

Victoria swiped everything on her table. Carlotta could nothing but stare.

"Speaking of your family, isn't it that your daughter will be arriving today?"

"Yes. What face will I show her Carlotta? She's going to laugh at her mother who left her to her dad's care for nothing!"

"I doubt she'll do something like that. You're still her mother despite your shortcomings. But Victoria you have to remember that there's still a way for you to acquire Alexander's properties. Find his mistress Paloma, win her daughter's trust, make her write a will entrusting half of her inheritance to you, then kill Jessica and that illegitimate child."

"I cannot do that. I cannot kill Jessica, Carlotta. Even if I despise her father, I cannot end her life with my own hands."

"Then how about you make Krystal kill the girl? A sister killing her own sister. Such a great tragic story isn't it?"

Victoria stared at her friend. She let out an evil laugh after agreeing with her friend's suggestion. "Such a brilliant idea, Carlotta. I need to act fast. I need to find Alexander's mistress as soon as possible. Go fetch my daughter at the airport okay? Her arrival time is at two thirty in the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter