Chapter 15

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day after Yuri paid a visit, Jessica woke up finding a present placed on top of her coffee table. It was a glass bouquet suspended in a block of clear glass. With it was a note from the raven-haired girl.

 

I already told you how much you influenced my life but I want to say it again. Jessica, meeting you is the best thing that ever happened in my life. You made me like a glass that is not only useful in giving light; it also changes it's shape to bring beauty to others' eyes.

I won't stop until you accept me again. I love you so much so I'm not going to give up.

Good morning.

 

Jessica's lips curved upwards when she touched the beautiful masterpiece. She can feel Yuri's sincerity just by looking at the glass bouquet. "It's time to set yourself free, Jessica," she told herself while staring at Yuri's gift. "You did everything to forget Yuri yet you only ended up missing her more. Let's stop hiding." Jessica placed the glass bouquet in a shelve among her other valued items before going to the bathroom for her morning routine. "Where's Yuri? Is she still here?" she asked her maid when she went downstairs.

"She's in the greenhouse, Miss Jung. Do you want me to call her?" Maria replied.

"No, it's okay. I'll go there instead."

Yuri was focused on planting orchids and herbs when Jessica arrived at the Rose Garden. She only noticed the young CEO's presence when the latter cleared .

"I think from now on I should change the name of this greenhouse because of the wide variety of plants you planted," Jessica said in a friendly manner. "Is it alright for me to help you with those plants?"

"Y-Yeah. Sure. Sorry I didn't ask for your permission before planting these."

"I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a surprise so my permission is not necessary."

With bare hands Jessica helped in planting the herbs. Sometimes Yuri steals glances at her. She didn't sense any bitterness in Jessica's voice so she wondered if Jessica is starting to accept her again.

"Am I too beautiful for you to keep on glancing at me like that?" Jessica asked when she caught Yuri looking at her.

"Um...s-sorry." Yuri quickly averted her gaze which made Jessica smile at her embarrassed reaction.

"Can you help me stand?" Jessica asked when they were done planting. "You don't mind if my hands are muddy right?"

"N-No. Of course not."

After Yuri helped Jessica stand, she let go of her hands but Jessica remained standing in a close distance from her. Her eyes were like staring deep into Yuri's soul and that kept the latter's feet glued on the stone pathway. "I'm sorry," Yuri heard Jessica say. "Both of us did a lying game but it's only you who a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter