Chapter 12

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's face looked gloomy when she returned to the mansion. Carlotta asked her why Yoona is not with her yet Jessica refused to say anything and just informed her driver to bring her back to her room.

"Jessica's home," Carlotta informed Yuri when she came back from the garden. "She's in her room and doesn't want to eat."

"Why? What happened?"

"I don't know. She came home without Yoona. I have no idea why that child stayed behind. I tried calling her but she kept on rejecting my calls."

"Okay. I'll try talking to Jessica. Thank you for telling me about it."

Jessica was sobbing when Yuri came to her room. She asked the heiress what happened and she only said that she's happy and excited to see Seigfried again who'll arrive in five days. Yuri didn't buy this excuse. She knows something happened that involves Yoona so she asked again.

"Yoona confessed to me," Jessica finally admitted. "She told me she's in love with me."

Yuri expected to hear it so she wasn't surprised. "So...what did you tell her?"

"Nothing. I wasn't able to tell her anything. I was as confused and scared as I was when I realized that I love you more than just a sister. Unnie, why am I like this? Why am I making people love me even if they shouldn't?"

"It's because you're a wonderful person Jessica. You're charming. Even your slightest movement can enthrall us. Now, I'd like to ask...do you like her too?"

"I don't know. What's clear to me is that I love her as a cousin."

"How about me? Do you really want to forget that you love me?"

"Unnie, we can't be together as lovers. We need to forget the feelings we have for each other."

"But it's not easy." Yuri brought Jessica's hand to her face and kissed it's palm. "The more I tried, the more I don't want to forget that I love you."

"But unnie, this can't be. We can't be. It won't work."

"Then we'll make it work. We can do it, Jess. Come with me. Let's leave this place and forget about everything in here. Let's go somewhere where we'll have the freedom to love each other."

Jessica pulled her hand back and paced on the floor. Her lips and her hands were trembling. She's nervous about what Yuri had suggested. "No, we can't."

"What if I'm not your sister? Will you accept my offer? Will you leave this place with me?"

"What are you talking about?" 

Yuri was about to blurt out the truth about her identity when Victoria intercepted. "I've been looking for you, Krystal," she said. "Can I excuse you for a moment?"

Yuri felt anxious while waiting for Victoria to speak. The latter was peering at her while her elbows were propped on her table.

"I heard you and Jessica went to the Noguera River and that she almost drowned yet you saved her."

"Who told you about it? No one's with us when that happened."

"I have someone following you everytime you and Jessica leave. Why did you do it Yuri? Are you havi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter