Chapter 11

Captured By The Dance of Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm glad you and Jessica are back to normal. What happened before we left Calella? You stopped talking to each other or rather, you started ignoring your sister after that." This is what Yoona asked Yuri while they were having a coffee break at the balcony.

"We had another misunderstanding. But we're okay now. We've talked about it last night."

Yoona would like to delve further on the issue but she decided to just shrug it off. "Unnie, do you think it's alright for me to like Jessica?" Yoona asked all of a sudden. A question that took Yuri by surprise. "I know it's wrong for me to like her because we're cousins even if my mother and Uncle Jung are not biologically related. That's why I've been trying to ignore this feeling the moment I realized that I like her. Do you think it's easy to forget about this?"

"Even if it's not going to be easy, you have to Yoona. Jessica loves Seigfried Atkins and she has agreed to marry him."

Yoona took Yuri's advice. But the more she tried to ignore her feelings, the stronger it becomes. Therefore, one night when everyone's fast asleep, Yoona went to Jessica's room. It pleases her to see the girl sleeping peacefully and looking as beautiful as a princess. "If only you were not my cousin, then this feeling won't be wrong," she said in a soft voice while Jessica's cheeks. Slowly, she leaned down to place a small kiss on Jessica's lips. But before she was able to do it, someone came that made her stop what she is about to do.

Victoria beckoned her daughter to follow her in her room. And when they got there, a strong slap landed on Yoona's face. "What do you think you're doing?!" the furious mother asked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it, mother."

"Yoona, she's your cousin! And even if you're not related by blood, she's still your cousin in others' eyes."

Biological relations. The mention of that very reason that's preventing Yoona from loving Jessica lit up her anger. "I know!" she retorted. "But I wish she didn't become my cousin so that nobody will tell me that I'm wrong for liking her. Can you see how unfortunate my life has become because of you? I grew up without a mother by my side. And now I can't love the girl my heart has chosen because she's your niece!"

Victoria slapped Yoona for the second time. The latter fell on her knees and cried. Such pitiful sight of her daughter broke Victoria's heart so she wrapped Yoona in her arms and apologized for hurting her.

 

 

"The garden looks more amazing! I'm sure Seigfried is gonna love to see this. Thanks to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter