Initiation

My Popular Girl [DROPPED]

"Ah.. I want to have a date with her.."

 

It's been some days since the grocery shopping date. But, the lingering feelings are still here, making the redheaded maiden smile like a fool. She is currently in the school cafe, exchanging emojis and chat with her silverhaired goddess, as usual. The redheaded girl start to know what her hobbies are or what Sana usually does when she is in her dorm. KakaoTalk made Mina feel closer to her crush.

Mina too has gotten some new friends, the student council members, thanks to the president, her goddess Sana, who introduced them to her some days ago. The redhead has been hanging out with the student council member since then. While hanging out with the Student Council, Mina discovered some facts.

First, the members are unexpectedly funny and outgoing, eventhough the other students said they have serious attitudes.

And.. She discover one more amazing thing.

Sana with glasses is a deadly combo. Seriously, she could've died when she saw her goddess in serious mode some days ago, leading a meeting, with a pair of glasses covering her lovely eyes.
 

"Yo, redhead sunbae. What's happening?" A bubbly and short girl pat her shoulder with a loud smack.

 

"Why did you always do that, Chaeyoung?" Mina rub her sore shoulder, not forgetting the usual piercing stare to the shorter girl.
 

The shorthaired girl with green colour smile sheepishly. "A-ah no particular reason, unnie.. sorry. Please don't hurt me again!"

 

Son Chaeyoung.

The daughter of Son family. The spoiled kid who always bully her sunbaes. She is afraid of Mina, because the latter once punished her for being a rude and annoying brat to her.

 

"Where’s Sana unnie?” Mina said while looking around for the trace of her crush.
 

Chaeyoung her imaginary beard. “Hmm..I think I saw her with Tzuyu in the office.”

 

Upon hearing the secretary name, Mina’s expression changed to a panic one. “Wh-what? Chewy?”

 

Chou Tzuyu.

Or some people pronounce her name as Chewy.

The student council Secretary. Tall and pretty hubae whom everybody loves. But Mina didn’t like her at all, because the younger girl always following Sana almost everywhere, like a newborn duckling.

 

“Ah, I think Jihyo unnie was with them too.” The greenhaired girl smirks when she sees the redheaded girl relieved reaction. “Don’t be so jealous.. It’s not like she would steal your beloved sunbae, Unnie~”

 

“I-I’m not jealous-uh. Maybe.. but just a little bit envious here.”

 

Chaeyoung sighed. “Unnie.. I think you should intensify your moves if you want to make her falls for you.”

 

“I think we are good. We’ve been spending some more times together. ”

Mina thought that her relationship with Sana slowly but steady has far progressed. So maybe she should cherish the moments she have right now and not rushing things is the best choice for her.

 
“Well.. I hope she doesn’t put you into the friendzone. I mean, she's a bit dense afterall.” 

 

The greenhaired girl words struck Mina like a thunder. What if she already in the zone that everybody feared? She heard Sana has rejected many confession from both girls and boys. The cool president said that she sees the people who confessed to her only as friends.

 

"..."

Now, Mina is in dilemma. She has big questions in her head. Is her crush feels the same way as Mina feels toward her? Or she is already in the friends zone?

 

"Hey, don't lose hope!" Chaeyoung said trying to make Mina more relaxed. "There are still other way to woo her~ Don't worry, Son Chaeyoung will guide you!"

 

"Oh great, now you're acting like Jeongyeon.."

 

"Well, she is the one who taught me, actually." The shorter girl proudly said, earning an 'are-you-kidding-me' looks from Mina. "Hey, don't underestimate Jeongyeon seonsangnim knowledge!"

 

Mina sighs and mumbles. "Great, now you are into brainwashing people, too, Jeongyeon?"

 

"Don't you know? Thanks to her teaching, i got myself a girlfriend!" Chaeyoung took out her smartphone and showed a picture of beautiful girl who hold a sign with 'Chaeyoung My Love'  written on it. "She's very pretty, right?"

 

The redhaired girl almost spit out her drink. Mina knows the girl, no, everyone in this school know her. The ice queen sunbae, Im Nayeon. Known for her cruel attitude, but still every students want to date her.

The shortie girlfriend is one of the prettiest girl in this school. Mina can't believe that a spoiled brat like Chaeyoung has successfully tamed the cold beauty who never smiles.

After thinking for a second, Mina finally decide to trust her shorter hubae and Jeongyeon teaching.

 

"Okay.. tell me more about your way."

-----------------

 

"Is this even okay? I mean what if the teachers found us?"

 

Mina and Chaeyoung are currently in the broadcasting room. The greenhaired girl had to stole the key from a school staff so they could go inside the room. It makes the older of the two kept thinking whether she should continue this or not.

 

"Come on, be brave, unnie. Do it fast so we could ran before someone caught us." Chaeyoung glanced at her wrist watch. "We only have fifteen minutes before the bell."

 

"Fine." Mina gulped, and finally press the broadcast button to start her sudden broadcast. "Hello Myoui Mina here."

 

She let out a breath and continue.

 

"I just want to read a short poem for my lovely sunbae who always doing her best and doesn't forget to smile even for a day..here i go."

 

She is beautiful like a butterfly
Always flying around, spreading happiness to the people who sees her
Never once i see her sad, even when the hardest time comes

Just with a little smile of her, i could run million miles
And with her lovely laugh i could even swam across the ocean
She laughed i simply could died
Call me fool for exaggerating, i don't care
I'm in love with her, and i am here to say it.

I really love you and keep your smile ony your face, unnie.

 

 

"Whoa.. that's so bold, unnie." Chaeyoung said while clapping after the poem broadcast was over.

 

"Oh, Shut up." Mina replied with face flushed. "Let's get out before someone-"

 

Before she could finish her words, a glasses middle aged man appear with a scary expression on his face.

 

"You two, come to my office, now!"

 

Oh, the things Mina does for love.
 

Some moments later..

 

"Why would someone from Son family, like me, must cleaning this freaking auditorium? I'll tell my father about this!"

 

Mina sighed. The spoiled brat really get on her nerves. "Oh, come on. Just help me with the cleaning and shut up, Chaeyoung."

 

"But, it's not even my fault.."

 

"It was all your goddamn ideas, shortie." Mina glared making the poor greenhead shiver. "Argh whatever.. just do your job so we could go home."

 

After the illegal broadcast event ended, the headmaster gave them a punishment task. He said that he won't call.their parents, if they cleaned the auditorium. They immediately accepted the task while thinking this gonna be so easy.

 

Well, they somehow regret their decision when they saw how big and dirty the auditorium was.

 

"We never finish this on time, if we do it all by ourselves.."

 

"Yo, Mina-ah. Need any help?" Just when Mina lost hope, a familiar spoke from the room's door.

 

"Ah, Jihyo, thanks for the offer but-" Mina words were cut off she sees the one whom Jihyo brought with her. The goddess. Sana Minatozaki sunbae who's already beside her.

 

"Let me help you, Mina-chan." The older girl quickly took the mop from Mina's hand.

 

"But, unnie.."

 

Sana completely ignored Mina and start to do the cleaning, but suddenly she turned to the younger one and called her.  "Ah, Mina-chan?"

 

"Y-yes?"

 

"Nice poem, by the way." Sana suddenly said with a charming wink. "I love it."

 

------

 

"Brr.. it's cold.."

 

After the punishment session ended, unexpectedly, Sana want to walk Mina home, saying that it's already late at night and Seoul at night is kind of dangerous. The latter was hesistant at first but finally give in because the determination of the older girl. Now they're walking side by side, and Mina can't say anything.

 

Sana decided to break the silence. "So.. i heard you were born in the US?"

 

"Well, yeah. My parents lived in Texas for a year and thus i was born in there.." Mina finally could replied.  "But, after i was born, my family moved back to Japan again and a year later, Momo was born."

 

"That's cool.."

 

"Unnie.. is it fun to live in a dorm?" The younger one asked, she didn't wanna be the one who don't say anything. "I mean, i never knew the feeling, because my schools were always near my house. So, yeah.."

 

"It's very fun, actually. You got some new friends, and could use more time to self-study or finish your assignment."

 

Mina sighs, she never really fond of studying. "Uh.. i don't know why, but i never like studying that much.. and my academic reports were always bad."

 

"Well, don't worry. Everyone is genius on their own way." Sana said seriously, making the younger girl turn to look her. "Maybe you have some hidden talent, like making cheesy poem or finishing a bottle of ketchup in one minute."

 

"Unnie!"

 

Sana giggles while avoiding the hits from her redheaded junior. "Sorry~ you're fun to tease."

 

"Geez.."

The silverhaired one took a glance to the girl beside her, and realize that Mina has been shivering from the cold. She halt her step and faced the redheaded girl "Mina, come closer." The younger one confused but still complied to her sunbae request. Sana immediately put out her scarf and wrap it around Mina's cold neck. "There. At least it could reduce your shivering."

 

Mina's once again couldn't speak nor move. Her inner fangirl is squealing hard right now. The goddess face was so close and Mina can't help but stare dreamily at the beautiful girl that standing in front of her.

 

"Hey, Mina-chan? Are you there?"

 

Sana's voice successfully brought Mina back from her fangirl world. "Ah, let's go, unnie.."

 

"Okay~" Sana nods and asked again. "Is it still far?"

 

"No.. you could even see it from here." Mina pointed at a traditional big house with so many trees around it. "Let's go, Sana unnie." She unsconsiously took her crush hand and run toward her house direction, they arrived one minute later.

 

"Oh, we already here."

 

Mina doesn't want to part with her goddess, so she asked her while stuttering. "D-do you want to come inside, first?"

 

"I'd love to.. but i still have many paperworks to do.." Sana giggles when she sees cute dejected reaction from the younger girl. "Aw, don't be like that, Mina. I'll definitely come again some time later~ Bye, Mina-chan~"

 

Mina nodded. She must part ways with her beloved sunbae, but suddenly she remembered Momo's advice. Before her goddess went too far from her vision, she called. "U-unnie?

 

"Yeah, do you need anything-"

 

The moment Sana turned around, a pair of lips already landed on her left cheek.

 

"Thank you."