Lucky Day

My Popular Girl [DROPPED]

"Hey, do you hear what i've been saying?"

 

It's lunch break, and the two friends are at the school cafe. 
Mina was in a deep thought as always, when Jeongyeon abruptly pull her hand, making the clumsy girl's head fall and hit the table.

 

"What the hell, Yoo?" Mina frowned. "I'm busy thinking about some important matters."

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. "Like i'll believe you. I bet you were thinking or imagining erted things about Sana sunbae."

 

"W-what? Of course, not!" Mina furiously deny the statement while her face blushed red like a tomato.

 

"The expressions don't lie, you know."

 

"Huh?" The redheaded girl confused. She was really thought about her crush y figure a bit, but it's not like that will make Jeongyeon notices.

 

"Tsk, you can't fool me, girl." Jeongyeon proudly said while wiggling her eyebrows. "I am the charming Yoo Jeongyeon, an expert at love."

 

Mina stared at her friend some moments and start to laugh loudly.

 

"Uh, stop that. It's very annoying!"

 

"Look who's talking." Mina said mockingly. "So.. Ms. Love expert. Can you do something about Myoui Momo?"

 

"Damn. I should've lied about that thing with her." The shorthaired one said with a tint of blush on her face. "Putting my problem aside, what are you gonna do after that?"

 

The redheaded girl who was busy eating some jokbal suddenly choked on her foods. "Water, gimme some water."

 

Jeongyeon swiftly handed the drink to Mina who immediately finish it with one shot. "Wait.. don't tell me you didn't have plans?"

 

"I thought knowing her name would be enough.."

 

"Seriously.. don't you want her to be your prince or something like that?"

 

"Well.. of course. Who wouldn't? She is very beautiful, cool, perfect and.." Mina keep blabbering about her crush, until Jeongyeon quickly put her hand to the lovestruck girl.

 

"I got it. Just stop already." Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and sighs. "Fine, I'll try to help you."

 

Mina feels very happy. Like she just won a bag with a million ketchup on that. But her happiness subsided as she thought that Sana sunbae, her goddess, has too many fans and too perfect for her. She doesn't feel confident because she's only a plain girl.

 

"Why the long face, man?"

 

"I don't know Jeongyeon. She's just too good for me.." Mina let out a long sigh. "We are like heaven and earth.."

 

"Oh come on, don't be such a loser." Jeongyeon pat her friend shoulder assuringly. "You have the heart, Mina. You are special and a brave girl. I can guarantee that."

 

Mina nodded slowly. She feel touched at the taller girl words. Her smile is back and she must thank Jeongyeon for that.

 

"Yuck.. i feel gross just by saying that mushy things."

 

They laughed. The redhead feels lucky to have a friend like Jeongyeon. They're just met almost two weeks ago and Mina already thought her like a sister, no, more like a big brother.

 

Then suddenly Mina curiousity kicked in. "Jeongyeonie, i was always curious about your relationship with Sana unnie. Can you tell me about it?"

 

"Oh, that. Don't worry, it's not like we had intimate relationship or something like that." Mina nods again. "We go to the same middle school, so we've known each other for some years. Just like that."

 

"Okay.. so. What should i do now?"

 

"The first important thing is.. getting her mail or her phone number."

 

"Don't you have her number already? Just give it to me." Mina asked curiously, while Jeongyeon shook her head in disagreement.

 

"Dude, if you want to pick up a girl, you must ask her number personally. "

 

Mina nods enthuthiascally . "I see.. so i just need to talk casually to her then ask for her number?"

 

"That's the point."

 

"I think it will be very easy."

 

 

Some hours later..

 

 

"Just go inside already, !"

 

Jeongyeon said to her friend who's standing near the Student Council door for almost twenty minutes. 

 

"I can't do this! Let's go back, right now." Mina said, all panic and nervous.

 

"For god sake, you were so confident earlier! Why are you chickening out now?"

 

Jeongyeon may be right. She was so sure that she can do it. But, her body and minds suddenly acting strange again. "Aah, i want to go home.."

 

Just when she want to turn back, the door moves, and a girl with silverhaired hair appear before her.

 

"Mina-ah? Hey, do you need something?" Sana beams a smile that Mina always loved.

 

The redheaded one regret her decision for not going back early. Now, she can't just go and ignore her crush. "I..i need to borrow the student guidance book."

 

"Ah, that book. It's in my office. Let's go inside." The sunbae took Mina's left hand and drag her inside. She didn't even notice the latter face colour which turned to red like a ripe tomato.

 

The panicked girl throw a glance to Jeongyeon side to ask for  help, but the latter was already gone, leaving her behind, alone with goddess Sana. "Great, she left me.."

 

Mina was amazed by the student council office interior. It's like classroom with some doors connected. There are so many trophy and awards in the cabinet, with the Student Council name on it.

Sana sunbae opened a door near the cabinet and ask Mina to come in. 

 

"This is my office. Well, to be frank, i don't want to have a special room like this.." The older one scratched her head and pouts. "But the school insisted, saying that i need to be treated nicely.."

 

Mina can't help but giggle, with a pout like that, Sana sunbae would be mistaken as a lost squirrel. A very cute one, too.

 

"Hey, you laughed. I thought you can't do that." Sana jokingly said. 

 

"I am still a normal human, unnie.."

 

Mina doesn't know how, but the older one has calming effect that made Mina speak clearly. She doesn't afraid and nervous like before.

 

"Ah, wait for a bit. I'll search for the book." 

 

"N-no need to rush, unnie. I still have some free time." Mina said not looking at her crush. "W-we could talk a bit.."

 

Sana sunbae smiles again. "Oh, that's good. I too want to know more about you." 

 

Badump. 
Mina's heartbeat going faster again.
Her goddess want to know about her, and that's a big deal. She begin fangirling inside her minds.

 

"Hmm.. so where did you live before moved to Seoul?"

 

Mina abruptly stop her fangirling side and replied seriously. "I was living in Japan until i graduate from middle school, then my family moved to Busan and before i realized, now i am already in Seoul.."

 

"As i thought, you were from Japan, too." Sana grinning widely. "Still knows your mother language?"

 

"Of course, my family always talk in Japanese whenever we are at home."

 

Sana nods again. "That's good."

 

"Where are the other members?"

 

"I told them to go home since there're no meetings or Student Council activity today." Sana said while took out some canned drink from the fridge. "Cola or Tea, Mina-chan?"

 

"Cola, please." Mina just realized that her crush office has many electronic things. The fridge, plasma tv.. she could even see a Playstation 4 near the Tv.  "Uh.. Is that really a Playstation 4?"

 

"Weird, huh? It's from Chaeyoung. The members often play together, when we don't have any activity." Sana replied while giggling. 

 

Oh, god. Such a melodious giggle, Mina thought. The siverhaired beauty once again has successfully made Mina spazzing over her.

The younger girl is even willing to throw away all of the ketchups in her lifetime for a piece of that beautiful giggle of Sana. 

 

"Do you live near the school, Mina-chan?" Sana asked again.

 

"It's not too far from here. Fifteen minutes by walking." The older one nods. "Where do you live, unnie?"

 

"I live in the school dorm with some scholarship students." Sana suddenly move beside Mina's, only an inch from the redhead position, and pointed a 'not so big' building. "You see that white building? That's our school dorm. " 

 

Mina almost squealed, if she didn't quickly put her hands on . The closeness slowly killing her, in a good way of course.

 

"Ah, Mina-chan?" Sana suddenly spoke, surprising the redheaded girl who was daydreaming earlier.

 

"Y-yes?"

 

Sana took out her smartphone and smiles for the nth time. "Let's exchange numbers."