Nine

Perfect Protection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting was held in the second floor's meeting room. I headed there by elevator as soon as Taehyung dropped me at the headquarters. When I got into the room, Superintendent Oh and Inspector Kim were already there. I took the seat next to Inspector Kim, ready for the meeting. But, they were still waiting in silence. I had assumed they were waiting for me earlier. I guessed I was wrong. Would there be other persons than us? I thought this mission was assigned to our team - Inspector Kim, Detective Do, and Taehyung - only.

Not long after that, my question was answered. The door was swung open to reveal two young men that were unfamiliar and the third person who was very familiar.

"Teacher Jung? What are you doing here?" I asked in confusion. What was the meaning of this? Were my eyes playing tricks to me?

"Looks like you haven't told her," Teacher Jung said to Superintendent Oh. She took the seat in front of Inspector Kim and the other two took the two vacant seats left.

"I already asked Inspector Kim to relay the information. But, I guess he didn't. So, you two have met already?" Superintendent Oh chuckled. "You'd better not call her Teacher Jung here. She's a police inspector from kidnapping division. Although you two are from different division, she's still your superior." He nodded his head towards the guy seated beside him. "He's Superintendent Min Yoongi. And the guy in front of you is Detective Jeon Jungkook. The two of them are also from kidnapping division."

That explained everything. Even if we're police from the same headquarters, Taehyung and I never went to other division's office, so I nearly didn't know anyone else besides the members of the homicide division. We never had a chance to meet the others.

I thought I almost died out of embarrassment. Bowing my head towards her, I said, "Sorry for the misunderstanding, Inspector Jung." That's why she had said that, back in the school. She had just warned me to be careful. And here I thought I just let a normal citizen know my identity. I had worried for nothing. More importantly, I had misunderstood my superior.

When I heard Inspector Kim's laugh, I shot him a look that said "Why didn't you tell me if you knew about this?". And I guessed that worked because he stopped laughing. Although he's a superior, I felt comfortable with him since I had known him for a long time already. He had been moved here from his original position as a police detective of Busan Prefecture Police Department about five years ago. I had still been a trainee when we had met. Together with Taehyung, the three of us had been chosen as a team two years later when we had been appointed as police officer. We had been with each other since then.

Inspector Kim cleared his throat. "Sorry. My bad."

"No worries. No need to be so formal with me," Inspector Jung said with a smile. "I'm also sorry that I teased you. I should have told you earlier when we met."

"Anyways," Superintendent Oh began the meeting, "we decided to ask for help from kidnapping division. The reason is because we think that the members of kidnapping division are more accustomed to many abduction methods, so they will be a big help for us. Any objections?"

"No, Sir," all of us said silmutaneously.

"Is there anything you want to report to me? Inspector Kim? Detective Lee?"

I took a glance at Inspector Kim and he didn't seem like he wanted to say anything, so I decided to report it now. "Baekhyun has discovered our identity, Superintendent Oh. I also have told him to keep it a secret and he promised to seal his lips."

After that, I told them Baekhyun's deduction on how he had found out about us entirely. The full story from the first meeting until earlier today at school. And I also told them how Baekhyun had wondered if the situation was really that worse for him that he had to get police protection.

"Well, he indeed is a smart boy. But, unfortunately, we also don't know how worse the situation is. We weren't even sure what we're up against," Superintendent Oh said.

"That's why we're here to help you on this mission," Superintendent Min added. He didn't seem like someone who talked much. His skin was pale white as if he had applied too much white powder. He also had a strict face that made me determined not to disappoint him if I didn't want to get a severe scolding as a result.

"We'll work hard to support you guys," The guy in front of me - who had been called Detective Jeon Jungkook earlier - said. My first impression of him was he looked so young. He looked even younger than me, but I knew that's impossible because Taehyung and I were the youngest members in the headquarters. If I was asked to describe him in one word, it's 'cute'. He's too cute to be a police detective. I had to stop myself from pinching his cheeks.

Superintendent Min continued, "I placed Inspector Jung as one of the teachers and Detective Jeon as one of the employees at Byun Apartment."

"We really appreciate that," Superintendent Oh said. "The reason I summoned you guys for this meeting is to confirm the alliance of the two divisions - homicide division and kidnapping division. Let's show those bastards how good our teamwork is!"

"Yes, Sir!" we shouted in high spirit.

"You're all dismissed."

Right after the cue, we walked out from the meeting room, leaving Superintendent Oh and Superintendent Min inside. I figured they would hold another meeting, exclusively for higher-ups. Maybe to discuss about '

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter