Thirteen

Perfect Protection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun and I were on our way to school after dropping by at the apartment to clean ourselves, change into school uniform, and bring our backpacks. Both of us were sitting on the backseats of his car, driven by his chauffeur, escorted by two other cars, one in the front and one in the back. I saw every other car giving way to let us pass.

I shook my head at the sight. "What are you? A South Korea President's son?"

"Don't worry. This car is bulletproof," he said calmly while fiddling with his phone. It was not the answer that explained my question.

I rolled my eyes, diverting my gaze to the car's window, watching how the traffic jammed because of this guy sitting beside me. I couldn't believe he actually caused traffic jam like this every morning. Even I wouldn't stick my little siren on top of my car if I wasn't on a chase.

"Still no words?" he asked. Somehow I knew he's trying to start a conversation with me.

I nodded. "His car wasn't there."

I had also checked his apartment and there's no trace of him. It's getting worse, he even tried to avoid seeing me. He didn't answer any of my calls. I knew why he didn't want to see me, but I couldn't help but want to see him. I knew it had only been a short while since I had last seen him, but I missed him so bad already.

I missed getting teased by him. I missed his cheerful smile. I missed his overprotective side. I missed everything about him. I only hoped that he would appear miraculously at class.

But of course, miracle didn't come that easy. The bell had rung and there's still no sign of him, just an empty space beside me. Inspector Kim came in and did his usual task of organizing the class. He called out Taehyung's name and nobody answered, so he declared he's absent for today. He also reminded me and Baekhyun to come for today's event committee meeting after school.

I was about to follow Inspector Kim outside the classroom to ask about Taehyung's whereabout, but Joohyun stopped me. "Tell me," she demanded.

"What do you mean?" I asked even though I knew what she had meant.

"Everything." She pointed to the sleeping Baekhyun behind me with her head. "Why did you come with him? And why is he limping? I swear you guys will be the hottest topic for the day from the way the whole class stared at you earlier."

"Oh, really?" Gosh, I was too focused on searching for Taehyung that I didn't realize their staring. "A few things happened." I didn't know how to say without revealing our identity.

She squinted her eyes at me as she knew I was hiding something from her. I gulped nervously, tried to think of a good explanation.

"Where's Taehyung?" Jimin suddenly turned to face me. "I want to ask him something."

Joohyun widened her eyes. "Are you in a fight with him?"

I almost choked on my own saliva. She caught on very quick. I could praise her for that. "Yeah, you can say it like that."

"Let me guess. Is it because of him?" She gazed at Baekhyun and then back to me.

"I don't think I need to tell you anything. You can figure out everything by yourself just fine." I sighed, my chin resting on my hand propped up on my elbow. She got the outline of my story as simple as that.

Jimin chuckled. "No need to worry. I fight with Joohyun everyday and we always make up quickly."

That remark gave him a smack on his shoulder from his girlfriend. Joohyun made a pouting face and Jimin laughed out loud while rubbing his shoulder. The view really livened up my mood. They were really a beautiful couple, the one that everyone dreamed for. I also hoped I would have a real relationship like theirs. I ended up smiling at their cute argument.

They suddenly stopped their quarrel and darted their eyes towards me, making me dumbfounded.

"Hey, we made her laugh," Jimin said proudly to Joohyun.

Joohyun nodded at him. "Finally, you're being useful." She looked back at me. "You've been down since you came. I'm worried."

I was supposed to attend this school in disguise, not to actually study as a highschooler. Even so, I was really thankful with the chance CEO Byun had given us. I could finally feel how it's like to have a friend who cared for you. I really loved school. I didn't know how to say goodbye when we're done with our mission later. I was so attached with the school already. I would miss being a student here a lot.

"Thanks. I appreciate that." I was really touched.

She smiled. "Don't be like that. We're friends."

Talking about friends, it reminded me of Baekhyun, who didn't seem to have a lot of friends here. He always slept as soon as he arrived, so he had no chance to converse with the other students. I wasn't sure he had friends at all. I had never seen him speak with a classmate before. I instantly glanced back and found Baekhyun who was still sleeping soundly. To his left was an empty seat. Like the one beside me, which was supposed to be Taehyung's seat. But, I hadn't seen anyone sit on that chair before. And I remembered my promise to myself, to be a good friend for him.

"Was that seat always empty? I mean, the one next to Baekhyun," I asked.

Jimin nodded. "It's origi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter