Seven

Perfect Protection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright then, I'll leave the class to both of you. There's still time before the first period starts. You can discuss what to do for Christmas. Don't forget! The event committee meeting is held after school! Good luck!" Inspector Kim went out of the class afterwards.

I hurriedly followed him outside and stopped him right in front of the door. "Why us?"

"To get you closer to him," he easily answered.

"Why?" I asked again in disbelief. Did this actually happen? Baekhyun? I had to work with the mannerless brat? The one I wanted to avoid the most? 

"I just made your job a lot easier. You can observe him better like this."

"But, Inspector Kim-"

"Call me Teacher Kim when we're in this school, Hyerin. You don't want to blow our cover, right?"

"Sorry, Teacher Kim."

"Well then, you'd better go back to class. They must be waiting for you. Cheer up!" Inspector Kim walked through the corridor and turned left at the corner, disappearing from my sight. He looked like he enjoyed disguising as a teacher. The way he whistled while walking away pretty much told me that.

Taking a deep sigh, I went back into Science Class 12-A. Baekhyun was already standing in front of the class, leaning his back against the whiteboard, folding his arms. I walked to his side and faced the students. I didn't even know how to do this. I had never led a class before. Precisely, I had never been a leader. Even back in the headquarters. Maybe once or twice when we were trained for our leadership skill. But, I never did the real thing. What was I supposed to do first? How to get their attention?

I braced myself and asked, "Guys, about our class participation in school's Christmas event, what do you guys want to do?"

Nobody responsed. There was no one paying attention to me, excluding Taehyung who looked at me worriedly and the couple, Jimin and Joohyun. The other students were back into their annoying whispering session. I had no idea how to get them into participating in this class discussion. I never thought being a leader was this hard.

"Guys? Listen to me, please," I desperately said.

But, nothing happened. They were still busy with their own society group. I saw Taehyung angry face in the midst of my despair. I had expected him to become my savior when he was about to stand. However, a loud noise that came from beside me was distracting everyone.

It was Baekhyun.

Without moving an inch from his position, he slammed his fist against the whiteboard so hard that I thought he would break it into pieces. I guessed it must have been hurt although there was no damage done to the whiteboard. But, that loud sound caught everyone's attention. They stopped what they were doing and locked their gazes on him.

"Listen to what she says," he said it so coldly that I was sure I heard a warning in his tone.

The class suddenly became as quiet as the grave. They fixed their eyes on me in annoyance. The girls shot me death glares, maybe envying me that I got to stand together with their idol. Baekhyun folded back his arms as if he had just achieved his purpose. Did he just help me? I turned to look at him and he only shrugged. I didn't expect him to cooperate. Although I wasn't sure why he did that, it turned out that he wasn't as bad as I thought. To be honest, he made my heart skip a beat at that second.

"Okay. Thanks for your attention. I repeat. About school's Christmas event, what do you guys want to do?" I asked again.

"A cafe would be fun," Joohyun said.

"Cafe. Noted. Thanks for the idea. Anything else?"

"I vote for cosplay party. It's way more interesting than a cafe," Jimin said.

I heard Joohyun and Jimin quarrelled after that. They were indeed so cute that I couldn't help but chuckle. A sight like that everyday would be nice. It could make my new school life perfect. The life which wouldn't last long in my occasion. It was a bit sad. I kinda loved this life.

"Okay. Cafe and cosplay party. Any other ideas?" I continued asking.

This time there was no response to my question. As expected, the other students didn't seem to care about this event. Even though our class was participating.

"Alright. It doesn't seem there's other opinion. I'll end the class discussion." Then, I approached Baekhyun to speak to him. "A moment, please."

I walked outside the classroom and Baekhyun followed me. Whispers filled the room as we walked out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a gossip I cheated on Taehyung and seduced Baekhyun by tomorrow. The girls in our class looked like the type that made up groundless gossips. Even more if it's because they thought I stole Baekhyun from them. A girl with a boyfriend stole the school's jewel. I was sure I had just became an enemy of the whole girls in this school. Goodness, and I had just thought I loved this school life.

"Thanks for your help earlier," I began. "I couldn't have done this without you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter