017

Kai: The Single Dad!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                     Yeri cries while praying as she walks to the information of Seoul Medical Hospital.  She was hoping that what the police says on the phone  was just a prank,  a joke! But she knows deep inside that it wasn't!  


                  "Excuse me. " Her voice was horse from crying already.  She was crying throughout the ride from the cafe to the hospital that the taxi driver looks at her with worry and confusion.  "Is there a certain Kim Jongin -?  " 


                  She wasn't finish asking yet when the nurse on the information interrupts her.  " Are you a family member?He was brought by an ambulance earlier. "


                 "I'm his wife . " She reluctantly answered. She didn't know if they would allow her to know about his condition if she tells them that she was just  his girlfriend.  "How was he? " 


                    "He's still in the operating room Mrs Kim." The nurse inform her before she told her which way to go and where she could wait till the operation was done.  


                    With a heavy heart,  Yeri made her way to the third floor where the operating room was located.  Her knees almost gave in when she saw Yixing on the waiting room with his heads buried on the palm of his hands.  


                    "Yixing! " She called, to knows if what she's seeing was right.  Since she still couldn't fathom the reality that Kai got into an accident and was fighting for his life at the operating table.  "Is it true?  Tell me it isn't true? " she ask while crying.


                     Yixing guides her to sits first before  he answered her.  "He'll be alright. " he patted her shoulder, trying to comfort her.  


                      "How could this happen? " she sobs,  totally scared and petrified with the thought of losing Kai. Their relationship just started and it's scaring her that something might happen to Kai!  And that she would be left alone again!  


                      "Let's just pray for him Yeri! " Yixing then leads her to the hospital chapel.  


                        'Please let him survive,  we still have a lot of dreams that we haven't fulfill.  Don't take him away from us! ' she silently pray as she sobs kneeling.  


                        Yixing could only watch Yeri cry,  he didn't know how to console others when he too was silently breaking inside.  Kai has been his best buddy since he move to Seoul.  He helps in a lot in terms of coping up with life and communication. 


                       And when his girlfriend left him to fulfill her dreams overseas,  Kai help him in taking care of his daughter. They help each other's a lot since both of them have a child to take care of.  


                       So if anything bad happen to Kai,  Yixing didn't know what would happen to him.  


                      Kai isn't just his best friend, he's his family too!  
                      He let Yeri cry and pray for a while before telling  her to go back to the waiting room. "Let's go back. " 


                      Their mind was in a chaos as they both silently wait for any news about Kai.  He's been in the operating room for four hours and both are wondering what was taking the doctors so long.  


                      Was Kai badly injured?  


                       Was his condition critical?  


                      "What's taking them so long Yixing?  Is Jongin that badly hurt?  " Yeri finally break the silenced atmosphere at the waiting room.  


                       "I don't know Yeri. When I arrived here earlier he was in the operating room already and the doctor just ask for my consent regarding his operation.  The only thing they told me was few of his ribs are broken and it need to be fix before it fierce his internal organs. They didn't inform me about how bad his condition was! " Yixing answer her question though he didn't want to tell her about it since she might worry a lot!  


                      "But it's been hours already!  Why aren't they say anything to us?  What if-? " Her words were cut off by an anxious Yixing.  


                      "Hey,  don't think like that!  Jongin is strong enough to survive this ! " 

 

                        Seconds, minutes then hour passes but still no news about Jongin's condition. Yeri and Yixing are now both tired but didn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter