c h a p t e r e i g h t

Our Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning because words? finally updating after centuries. sorry.

 

That night, Jaehwan prepared for sleep and sat on the bed while waiting for Hongbin to finish showering. His boss’ words had been playing in his mind for quite some times. While they’re discussing about the night, Jaehwan can’t hide the fact that he’s still not ready to meet his husband. Maybe they just need some times from each other. Jaehwan knew that Wonshik wasn’t the hothead guy he met before. He might already went off the limit of Wonshik’s tolerate. But all he did was defending his right as husband too.

 

“Papa, what are you thinking about?” Hongbin who had been going out of the bathroom for few minutes now asked his parent.

 

“Just… you know I miss your Dad a lot.” Jaehwan answered with sad tone. “You finished? I’ll take shower now.”

 

After Jaehwan went disappeared in the bathroom, he took his clothes off and runs the water on his body and tried to relax. He doesn’t mean to be sad about everything. Jaehwan had always been the cheerful man but he didn’t know if he could be happy from the day onwards. Giving up in his life had always going through his mind but of course he can’t; he has Hongbin. His life belongs to his son.

 

“Papa…” Jaehwan heard someone opened the bedroom door and called for him. He turned around to find the voice and smiled at the presence of a sleepy angel.

 

Sanghyuk walked towards the bed and held his arms out, one hand clutching on his dolphin pillow, for Jaehwan to pick him up. The elder did as asked and sat him down next to him.

 

“What does our favourite angel need?” The parent Sanghyuk’s hair gently while the kid rubbed his sleepy eyes.

 

“I don’t want to sleep alone and Father still in his office room. Can I sleep here with you?”

 

“Of course you can, my dear.” Jaehwan laid the angel down on the bed next to the sleeping Hongbin. He made sure that the movement didn’t wake his son because Hongbin easily awake. “I will stay awake here next to you until you sleep, okay?”

 

Jaehwan placed the dolphin pillow safely on Sanghyuk’s side when the younger nodded at the question. He softly and sweetly uttered a lullaby song until the sweet angel fell asleep while holding Hongbin’s hand. Jaehwan did frown at the touch but smiled after because come on, it’s cute and no one could deny it.

 

He tried shifting here and there on the bed but he can’t find his comfortable side. So, Jaehwan sat up slowly, trying not to wake up both of the kids, and sneaked out of the room. He closed the door of the room and started walking around the big house. Jaehwan can’t deny that his boss is a freaking millionaire because Jaehwan never see the kind of house. Sure Wonshik do own a house this much too but if someone like Jaehwan step in any house, he would know even the land is an inch bigger than the other.

 

While wandering in the house, Jaehwan saw a few photos of woman, the same woman, hanging on the wall. Not even once he saw a photo of Hakyeon standing big on the concrete wall. They’ve a giant photo of Sanghyuk and Taekwoon, formally sitting. When he reached the living room, Jaehwan realized who’s the woman is when he saw a photo of the woman in a small frame, so he picked it up, holding a baby with Taekwoon standing all smile and proud next to her. Right, it is Taekwoon’s late wife. She did look familiar to Jaehwan.

 

“ing put it back!” Jaehwan heard a voice shouting at him and startled causing him to accidentally let go of the photo frame.

 

A breaking sound was heard in the silence living room.

 

Both of them froze. Jaehwan didn’t know what he needed to do and Taekwoon didn’t know what he needed to say. Quickly, the house owner moved towards the breaking frame and picked the glass pieces with his bare hands. Jaehwan needed to do something because Taekwoon seemed hurt. In the inside and outside, he’s hurt. So without thinking, he removed his boss’ hand away and picked everything up using his own hands and quickly running to the dustbin to throw everything.

 

Bad move.

 

Aside from him getting hurt as well, Taekwoon is swollen inside. Who won’t when your employee just threw away the only family photo he had left?

 

“Stop everything! Stop moving as well!” Taekwoon shouted again and Jaehwan froze on his place.”

 

“I’m sorry, boss.”

 

“Shut up too!” Jaehwan bit his lips while Taekwoon took the photo out of the dustbin and wiped it clean. He tried to slow down his heavy breath and anger. “Go back to the living room and stay put on the sofa.” Jaehwan was quick to listen to instruction.

 

Minutes later, Taekwoon came back with a first aid box in hands and sat next to Jaehwan. He opened the box and took out a bottle of iodine.

 

“Hand…” Taekwoon said and Jaehwan hesitantly gave out his injured hand that had a few scratches from the broken glass so that the elder can treat the wound.

 

“You’re hurting too, boss.”

 

“It’s not as hurt as when my wife passed away.” Taekwoon kept his eyes on Jaehwan’s hand.

 

“You need to be treated too. You’ll have infection if you aren’t treating it better.”

 

“Only my wife can treat me.”

 

“We’re talking about the physical wounds, right?” Taekwoon chuckled at the question Jaehwan uttered. He looked up at the younger and smiled.

 

“I haven’t met someone that willing to treat my physical wounds. Hakyeon scared of blood and Sanghyuk still way too young to know my real injuries.” He covered the treated wounds and finished.

 

“You did on mine and I’ll do that on you too.” It’s Jaehwan’s turn to take the iodine with his uninjured hand and forcefully pulled Taekwoon’s hand then put the medicine on it.

 

“You do know what kind of injuries I’m talking about, right?” Taekwoon asked, eyeing his new housemate.

 

“Of course I do understand, boss!” Taekwoon heart stopped beating. Maybe that was a little exaggerated. Maybe his heart just beat way too fast now. “We’re talking about this injury on your hand. Bacteria can spread easily, you know. Therefore, you need to be treated so it’ll be fine and nothing can harm you.”

 

Taekwoon smiled; grinning exactly.

 

“Jaehwan, you’re the biggest fool.”

 

“I know that’s why Wonshik cheated on me and leave me. I’m still lucky that I got myself a nice boss that willing to help me. I don’t want to break up with Wonshik.” The last sentence got Taekwoon off a little.

 

“You’re still lucky even if you don’t have me. Even if Wonshik leaves you, he’s still alive and you can still see him happy with his new life.”

 

“Your point is…?”

 

“My wife dead and I didn’t even know if she’s happy there in her new life.” Taekwoon busied himself putting away the meds back into its box.

 

“Everyone who is dead will always be happy in their new life. I’ve always believe in that. You should believe in that too because it’s the only way to gain back your happiness.”

 

“We should sleep now it’s late.” Taekwoon stood up from his seat.

 

“Isn’t Sojin a nice woman anyone ever wants?” Jaehwan asked. “She used to be my tutor when I’m a freaking stupid student in high school.”

 

“I never thought anyone would know her. She’s not reserved for the outside world.”

 

“Yes, because she said her boyfriend loved her too much he gets jealous a lot. I can’t deny I thought her boyfriend was so childish because she’s my favourite woman and her boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter