c h a p t e r f o u r

Our Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan stared at his table full of reports and paper works he needed to handle. It’s Saturday and he should only work half day. Instead, he thought of staying at the office longer than he should. His boss had trusted on him again to handle the project presentation by a phone call the night before. When he received the call, he thought that his boss doesn’t have family because hell that was midnight and no one talked about work that late. Anyways he thought that it’ll be a good opportunity for him. He might be promoted and with works, he can ease his mind from his problems at home.

 

It’s nearly lunch and everyone already tidy up their table, getting ready to go home. “You aren’t going home now?” One of his colleague asked which he could only reply with a small smile. “Oh, I’ve been thinking of asking this. Did you have fight with someone? What with the bruise on near your lips?” Jaehwan quickly touched the bruise. “Ah, it’s nothing serious. I accidentally crash on the door while opening it.” His colleague could only reply with ‘oh’ and bid him good bye then walked out of the office.

 

He took the file that he needed to hand to his boss for his signature then sighed. He still remembered his boss’ words the other day and it still pained him. If one day it’s fated for him and Wonshik to divorce, how can he feed Hongbin if he lost his job? What will happen to his and Hongbin’s life? He can’t let the poor child having too much difficult time because of him. With another sigh, he stood up from his chair and walked to his boss’ office room then knocked the door.

 

“Do you have time, boss?” Jaehwan sneaked his head in after getting the permission to enter and asked.

 

“Time for what?” His boss coldly asked without looking at him.

 

“There’s still some document for you to sign on it. Also you need to check the files for the project you asked me to take over from Jess.”

 

“Why did I ask you to take over?” His boss turned to face him.

 

“It’s because Jess needed to resign because she’ll be getting married next week. You have to attend her wedding too. Everyone should.”

 

“Why are you reminding me? I have my secretary to remind me all of that.” The handsome guy turned to face his paper again.

 

“But boss you asked me!” Jaehwan pouted a little. “So, do you have your time or not?”

 

“Get in and sit down first. I’ve got some papers to handle first.” Jaehwan walked in the big room and sits down across his busy boss. While waiting, he looked around the room with amazement showing on his face. There were a few trophies showing in a glass cupboard at the corner of the room. There were also some photos of a baby and a few more photos of him and a kid. The kid is so cute and it reminded him of his son.

 

“You can close your mouth now and hand me the documents.” Jaehwan turned to his boss and smiled sheepishly before handing him the document. “I hope you won’t disappoint me again, Jaehwan.” He looked at his employee and noticed that there’s blood at the corner of Jaehwan’s lips. “You’re bleeding.” He pointed at the place.

 

Jaehwan quickly wiped the red stain, but end up hurting him more. “Ouch.”

 

The boss quickly took out a piece of tissue and a wound plaster then walked over to his employee. He forced Jaehwan to tilt his head so that he could treat the wound while he’s sitting at the edge of his table. “How did you get this? I don’t take crashing on something as answer. This is seriously coming from a smack.” He gently dabbed the tissue on the wound but Jaehwan still hissed.

 

“It would be unprofessional if I talk about it to you and I don’t want to tell people about my family problems.” He kept hissing as his boss pressed the tissue on the pained lips.

 

“I take it as your husband slapping you.”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“I was guessing, Jaehwan. Guess it’s really true. Be careful and don’t get hurt since the company still need you.” The guy slowly put the plaster on the wounded lips and pressed on it causing Jaehwan to keep hissing. “Boss, that’s hurt!”

 

Suddenly the office’s door opened revealing a kid with another guy followed with a yell. “Father, surprise! Eh? What happened here? Father, why are you touching him?” The kid frantically asked his boss.

 

“Sanghyuk, Hakyeon what are you guys doing here?” His boss walked over the kid and held him. When Jaehwan turned to look at the other guy, he can’t believe what he saw.

 

“We’re here to surprise you with lunch, father. But I think Daddy is more surprise seeing you with other guy. Father, you didn’t have affair with that guy, right?” Sanghyuk kept asking.

 

The sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter