c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

Our Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

after seven months, finally I got to update. sorry guys

“Cha Hakyeon, where are you going?” Hakyeon’s mother asked him when he’s about to head to the door.

 

“I’m going to Wonshik’s place.”

 

“Why do I have such a dumb son? Why must you choose that high school lover instead of Taekwoon? You know how much richer Taekwoon is than Wonshik? He’s twenty times wealthier. You lose a chance!” She’s beyond mad at her son’s choice. In her opinion, Hakyeon should know better.

 

“Mother, everything is done. I’ve got some wealth from my divorcement with Taekwoon and you’re using that money too. Now can you just let me have my own way in living? I want to live the life I want.”

 

“Even so, you have to make sure that your life won’t be such pathetic. You wanted to be a dancer and now what do you have? You’re just getting older and it’s not going to work for you if you start dancing again.”

 

“And whose fault is that? You asked me to marry Taekwoon when you know that he won’t ever let me do as I wish. It’s you who ruined my dream.” Hakyeon shouted his words.

 

“Don’t try raising your voice in front of your mother, Hakyeon. I never teach you to act like that!”

 

“Well then why don’t you just go live with sister? Isn’t she the best daughter you always proud of? Good grades, nice spec husband, pretty and so prideful. She’s just the same like you, mom. And soon in the future, she’ll have the failure son like me. Just the same as you.”

 

“Don’t ever curse your sister like that!”

 

“I am not cursing her but if she’s going to be like you, I will just hope she’ll still accept you. Not like how you throw away grandma from your life!”

 

Then, Hakyeon received a hard slap on his right cheek.

 

“Be careful of what you said! You never know the truth!”

 

“I know you enough, mother. You’ll do anything for money and I will never be like you.” With that, Hakyeon walked out of the house and slammed the door.

 

 

 

 

 

A few weeks after Hongbin’s incident at the basketball tournament, the school decided to let the team members some rest as the board thought that they had been giving the students stress for pushing them too hard. Even though it is half right, Hongbin nevertheless happy that he could stay away from games and spent more time on his hectic life. He had been receiving some lecture from Hakyeon on how bad his grade had been.

 

It would be too much if Hakyeon decided to step in the son’s studies but having from getting B+ in Biology then suddenly failed the subject concerned him. He isn’t trying to take away the position Jaehwan used to stand in Hongbin’s life but he doesn’t want Hongbin to stray too far from the right lane. He knew that Hongbin’s grade were bad not because of the basketball practises and games but because of how the family had become.

 

Not that anyone trying to not understand Hongbin but if he’ll still didn’t want to be serious again on studies, someone need to say something. But then Hakyeon had realized Hongbin begins to come home late and not having his dinner. He knew that the school had given them some break but why do Hongbin keep going home late. So he confront the son one night when he just got back home.

 

“I’m home.” Hongbin said when he entered the house and was about to head to the staircases when Hakyeon called for him.

 

“Hongbin, come here for a moment.” He patted on the couch next to him and the younger comply, sitting there.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“You’ve been home late these days and you didn’t take your dinner too. Is something wrong?”

 

“Nothing is wrong. Everything is great,”

 

“You didn’t spend much time at home nowadays. By any chance, is it still because of me?” When Hongbin chuckled, Hakyeon frowned.

 

“Of course it is not because of you.” He sighed and smiled at Hakyeon. “I’m sorry that I made you overthinking. It is really nothing. I just got back with Sanghyuk and we’re slowly mending back our relationship.”

 

“Oh, that’s good! But you know, you should tell me about it. I am worried for nothing. I thought you’re mad that I’m trying to make you study.”

 

“It is not. I am actually studying with Sanghyuk too and he’s trying to lead me back to where I’ve left. Don’t worry, I’m not mad. You’re a good parent.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter