c h a p t e r t h r e e

Our Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Papa, I’ll be home a little late. Don’t be sad. I know you’re strong.’ – Hongbin.

 

Jaehwan checked his phone and read the message his son sent. He sighed knowing that he’ll be home alone until his son came back. He went home early today as he’s not in mood staying in the office. His boss also went home early in which that guy never went home before lunch. The parent put his things on the sofa and threw himself along with his things. The sofa smell just like Wonshik and that made Jaehwan wanted to cry because he missed his husband. He doesn’t want to get carried away and he still remembered Hongbin’s text. He needed to be strong for his son, himself and for both of them. Suddenly he heard a car stopped in his house’s compound and the door unlocked.

 

“You’re early today.” Jaehwan said to the figure entering the house. He quickly stood up to greet his husband; taking his briefcase and loosening his necktie.

 

Wonshik was confused as why Jaehwan would still treat him nice after knowing his affair. “You’re home early too, today.”

 

“Are you hungry? I’ll cook something for you.”

 

“You should stop act as if you’re strong, Jaehwan. Just cry and beat me if you want to.” Wonshik said. Of course Jaehwan would want to do all that but Hongbin said he’s strong.

 

“I’ll just cook anything we have in the fridge.” He turned and walked away to put his husband’s briefcase away and to start doing housework.

 

The both adult ate their meals silently as awkward tension could be felt in the room. None of them said anything, but focusing on eating in silent. Jaehwan hate it that within just one night, his used to be lovely household turned upside down as if a tornado hit them. Just yesterday’s morning, he and Wonshik still hug and kiss each other as if they’re the loveliest couple the world could ever have. It’s not even a day passed but he already missed having Wonshik hugging him while he’s washing the dishes after meals, Wonshik kissing him good night. Just within one night, he lost his most trustful husband.

 

“What do you think will happen on us?” Wonshik started after he wiped his lips.

 

“What about it?” Jaehwan tried to not think about it.

 

“Don’t play dumb now, Jaehwan. You know what I mean.”

 

“Is it that easy for our family to break apart, Wonshik? I don’t know why you’re doing this to me. What is this two years marriage for you?” Jaehwan sighed. “For that !”

 

Pang!

 

The stings feeling on his right’s cheek made him realized that his always considerate husband just laid a hand on his face. Never in his marriage, not even once, had Wonshik hurt him like this. “So you’re slapping me for that guy?”

 

“You had gone too far! He’s not a and who are you to judge him that way!” Wonshik stood up and pointed his index finger towards his husband.

 

“Did you just ask me who I am? Get back to your sense, Kim Wonshik! I am your husband and which husband wouldn’t find it disgusting for a man like that guy having affair with their husband? I love you so much, Wonshik but why did you do this to me?” He scoffed. “Did he use his body to have you loving him so much?”

 

Another slap got on Jaehwan’s cheek and this time causing the corner of his lips clashed with his teeth and bleed. “Don’t you dare talk about Hakyeon that way!” Wonshik walked away, heading towards the living room and grabbed his car’s key and leaving Jaehwan crying at the dining table.

 

 

 

 

When Taekwoon arrived home, he’s greeted with his adorable son watching cartoon while munching on potato chips. He hugged the boy from behind, startling him a little. “Oh, Father you’re home!” Sanghyuk turned around and greeted his father with a peck on the lips.

 

“Where’s Hakyeon Daddy?” Sanghyuk poked his father’s cheek before answering.

 

“Daddy went out because his friend needs help. He said not to wait for him because he might be late. Why, Father? You already missed Daddy?” He giggled before turning away to continue his cartoon.

 

“Don’t you need to sleep now, apple pie?” Taekwoon sat next to him and pulled the young boy on his lap. “You have school tomorrow.”

 

“Father, I know that you’re still young but I think your brain is so old. Tomorrow is Saturday, Father. That means no school.” He giggled, making his Father smiled.

 

“You’re right, my boy. No wonder you’re all relax tonight. Since daddy going to be home late, do you want to sleep in my room tonight?”

 

“Will it be okay, Father? I miss sleeping next to you too.” Taekwoon nodded.

 

As the night got deeper, both father and son prepared to sleep under the same blanket. Taekwoon lay down first before the younger follow suit. “Come here, baby son.” Sanghyuk got under the blanket and laid his head on his Father’s arm that stretched for the boy to use it as pillow. Gently, Taekwoon his son’s soft black hair. “Hey, baby does you really like Hongbin?” Sanghyuk tilted his head up and nodded his head. “Why, father?” Taekwoon sent his a smile which somehow made his son happy.

 

“I somehow glad that we get across someone like him. He looks like a filial son. He’s mature even he’s just months apart from you.”

 

“Father, will you give us permission if one day I want to marry Hongbin?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter