Kai's Another Thoughts

Gay Boyfriend

"You looked like a clown with that red nose."

Seulgi was both worried and confused when Krystal couldn't stop sniffling until the redness of her nose could beat Ronald McDonald's.

She sighed, really had no idea what to do with the so-called brokenhearted girl. And so she waited until the girl could speak properly.

"To tell you honestly, I don't really understand your situation now. You were the side who called it off and yet you looked like the most miserable one when I'm sure he doesn't let out a single tear at all." Seulgi began as Krystal sniffled again but still managed to listening.

"I don't know."

"I'm more clueless, you know. Calm yourself and tell me why did you broke up with him."

"It was just started with ordinary bickers until he spoke up something that feels so serious and asked for a break. I was too caught up in emotions until I called it off myself. Permanently."

"And your anniversary failed miserably just like that."

Krystal hit the realization. Guess you know what came to her next after.

"Pitiful lover girl." Seulgi blew a huff then her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Seulgi unnie, does Soojung unnie is in your place now?" Nayeon's voice came out so worried.

"Yeah, she's here in the corner of my room. Bawling her eyes out, mourning over her failed anniversary." She answered ever so casually while glanced at the stress-looked woman.

"I'll bring her home later, unnie." Nayeon sighed heavily, worried that her older cousin would go crazy over a boy. Gay even.

"Just take your time, I don't think she will move around soon."

"Okay, thank you unnie. See you." Nayeon hang up the phone and pouted.

"How's Krystal sunbaenim doing?" Sana, her classmate asked.

"Worse, never have been worse, you name it. I regretted myself on saying this break up thing to Cheon Sooyoung. I didn't expect her to spread it until it brought a wildfire around the school."

"She's just being a because she was after Sehun sunbaenim. Luckily I'm not into older guys." Jeongyeon commented while checked on her phone.

"It's a shame that many people cheered for the break up since they're after the two. I pitied the girls, what does makes them think that Oh Sehun will look at them? He was barely noticing any girls." She added.

"I think it will be same for the guys, Krystal sunbaenim won't give them any attention." Sana replied.

"Unnie will ignore them for sure, might as well hold her piercing gaze to people she meet."

-

"The main point was just she wants a permanent break up."

Scowl on Kai's expression was hardly leave his face. It was like his cousin had dropped a bomb on his ear because of the phone call. Even when he had the explanation that he demanded on his house, it was still unbelievable.

"But hey, why are you so frustrated because of it? I'm fine, though." What a question. Kai were surely strangle him if he didn't have any sanity left.

"Why? Because I don't want you to back to your gay self, to your old days. I was happy to have Soojung to change you even the slightest bit. Knowing that she likes you and all, I'm sure this would last for a little longer. But what did I heard? She was the one who called it off." Sehun didn't say anything, obvious to the disappointment his cousin showed.

"I know you're mad at me, but it shouldn't turned out like this. I don't want to make her sad, I swear. I need some time to think about her in my life. How's her presence, company and affection impact in me. Then I need a distance to think, that's why I asked for a break and yet she demanded an entirely break up."  Kai was softened at this. At least he was aware of her presence all this time.

"Maybe she needs her time too, just let her be."

-

The first week in school after their break up was a hit. People around the school judged their every moves as confirmation of their grand break up. No holding hands, no kisses in the corridor, nothing. It was like they went back to their usual self before became a couple.

Krystal were blatantly glared at whoever that met her eyes with Seulgi beside her. Cold piercing gaze were always there, never leave her face. People were back out to give her way. The nonstop-crying girl was gone, like she never existed days before.

Sehun, however, didn't get bullied back like before. Instead, he became a sort of eye candy for the girls. They felt like they were blessed with his single status now. There must be at least one girl confronted him every five minutes once.

"I hate this." Sehun mumbled in annoyance.

"This what?" Kai replied while lied his back on school's backyard.

"The attention. It bothers me a lot, now that I'm single." The tanned boy chuckled.

"I'm not surprised. I've felt that for years. Who knows someone could get your attention." The other boy glared.

"You can't stop hook me up with girls, aren't you?" He shrugged.

"Anything that can make a huge distance between you and gayness."

"I hate all of the school girls. Might as well to change your mind." Kai paused suddenly.

If Krystal could only survived with him almost a year, who knows there might be any other girl that survive more than that.

"You should at least open-minded. Not every single girl in this school were clingy, cheap, and annoying. Like this certain girl from my History class-"

"I don't want to hear any of it. I need to use the distance between me and Soojung to think about my relationship with her. Not to replace her." Kai stared at him.

"I have two points. First, you had broke up with her. Like, really end. There's no point on thinking stuff like that as if you're going to back to her automatically. Two, am I saying that I'll find her replacement for you? I just want you to befriend this classmate of mine because she's not going after you." Sehun stared into space as Kai spoke.

Is he really won't getting back with Krystal and the last words with her was the real end? There it goes, what does it affect him? And he guessed, still nothing. So he let Kai spoke again.

"As I were saying, there's this girl from my History class ever since freshmen year. Her name is Yoo Seungyeon. If you ever noticed, she was actually the 5th place in school ranks." Sehun frowned at the unfamiliar name.

"Fifth place? How come I never heard of her at all?"

"She's like this antisocial club, they said she never really had friends and had her own world. But I get to know her during few projects together. The last one was three weeks ago." Kai explained.

"So you want me to befriend her?"

"Yeah." Sehun squinted his eyes before asked back.

"Were you even friends with her?" He pursed his lips.

"Not yet, but I'm going to. Together with you."

"Whatever." He let out a bluff and walked off.