Almost There

Gay Boyfriend

"Oh, how wonderful life would be If you'd give your love to me

Just to hold you endlessly Is all I'd ever need."

If You Were My Baby - Rick Price


Sehun POV

That certain Tuesday on my birthday, I woke up with a heavy and uneasy feeling. Of course because Soojung again. I was sick of that feeling. I was about to get rid of that feeling by tried to earn her forgiveness, and yet I messed it up again.

I opened my phone and checked my chats. There was tons of birthday wishes from my parents, Sungjong hyung, Seolhyun noona, my friends in US, my other cousin, also Kai and Seulgi. As expected, nothing from Soojung.

Instead of her, I got two messages from two different people that I wasn't expect. The first one was Luhan hyung. Honestly, I wasn't hoping a greeting from him. It wasn't like I hate him, I just felt like he was one of the reason of my fight with Soojung. But I hope it's only my feeling. The second was from Jung Daeun.

Bleh.

I hated her guts. Her message was so flirty and disgusting. Shameless. I thought she would back off after I cursed at her and rejected her requests. I'd rather don't receive any greeting at all than I get a lot and it's from people like that .

I want messages from Jung Soojung. Not Jung Daeun.

I stomped my feet at the thought.

I glanced at the clock and it showed 5:30 AM. It was still too early for school, and I couldn't sleep again once I woke up. Unintentionally, I saw my journal about my relationship with Soojung.

I grabbed it opened the pages. I read about our moments on every dates and smiled to myself. I pouted when I opened the last few pages and closed the journal immediately. There was nothing good in those pages.

After I put down the journal, I remembered that I had a photo album about me and her. Soojung's derp face was the first that greeted me when I opened the first page. I giggled happily. Then I moved to the next pages that filled with our happy moments. Although I still looked awkward, but Soojung's beautiful smiles fixed it all. Mostly the photos showed us smiled at the camera, her selcas, my face that closed by my hands and our kisses.

I missed her kisses.

Soojung was the only girl that treated me differently. She made me felt so special. When the other girls disgusted of me because I'm a gay, she asked me to be on her side. When the others bullied me, she came to saved me.

That was why I wanted to make her happy. Although I always ended up screwed things up here and there, at least I have an intention to make her happy with me. She was such a kind and sweet girl until I thought she deserved a better man than me.

A straight normal man.

She might be happier with that kind of man instead of me, the gay boy who were often made her sad. But then again, do I really want her to leave me for some other guy? She's the best girl I've ever met. She might be scary and a bit clingy, but it never bother me. So far, I never see a girl like her. Do I want the best to leave?

No. Or maybe not yet.


I entered the school and to my surprise, I got many birthday greetings from many girls. Most of them were hoobaes. They gave me chocolates, boxes of presents and letters. They greeted and gave the presents shyly.

A few of them even tried to be cute. I held myself for not to make a face. While they did so, I kept my face blank and replied them with curt nods. I hated a situation like this, they touched me here and there, and they squealed too much. My ears might be bleeding if I stay any longer.

So I escaped from them and walked to my locker to put all of the stuffs they gave me. I huffed when the locker had no room anymore for the chocolates and letters. It only could contained the boxes of presents. So I put them on my bag, caused it became heavier than ever.

That was really burdensome. If I didn't had any human feeling and being cruel instead, I should have throw it anywhere and glare at them. Two-faced witches. If they were sincere, they should've to do that since a long time ago and not after I got a popular girlfriend and I became popular as well.

I found Kai, Seulgi and Soojung were already seated on the class.

"Good morning, birthday boy!" Kai and Seulgi greeted cheerfully when I opened the door.

As if on cue, the whole class cheered for me too. I sighed. Another bunch of hypocrites. It felt like just yesterday they snickered at me when I entered the class. Then there they were greeted me as if nothing happened before. I scoffed quietly.

I walked to my seat and received congratulations hugs from Kai and Seulgi. I smiled at them then glanced at Soojung who were buried her face on her arms. I pouted at the sight. A big part of me hoped that she get an amnesia about Monday and greet me. Like 'Happy birthday, Sweetheart!' Then give me a kiss.

But no.

I threw my heavy bag on my table and it caused a big thump.

"Geez, what is it in your bag? Bomb?" Seulgi asked while held her chest.

"Tons of chocolates and letters." I said nonchalantly.

Kai squealed like a .

"Aww, look at this popular boy! He got chocolates and love letters even though today isn't valentine." He made fists and positioned it between his face like a typical fangirl.

"Who says those are love letters? Those might be just birthday wishes." I said in horror.

"No. He's right, I bet those must be confession letters." Seulgi said and took one envelope as I opened my bag.

She opened it.

'Sehun sunbaenim, I want to wishing you a happy birthday. I know you won't notice me in the future, but I also want to say that I like you. I know that you already have a girlfriend and also gossips that you were gay. So I won't bother you in the future. But I hope we can have a chance to know each other and have a good relationship as sunbae and hoobae. Thank you and once again, happy birthday.

Kim Minjung, first grader.'

"Not bad. The person who wrote this might be still in normal state." I shrugged.

Kai and Seulgi nodded in approval. I grabbed one randomly and read it.

'Dear Sehun oppa....'

I made a face. Just what in the world this girl called me oppa out of the blue? For me, oppa were just- ew. Even Soojung never call me such.

'Oppa, happy birthday. I wished you all the best. Um, actually I have something else to say... I want to say that I like you and I want you. Everyone knew that you already have a girlfriend. But if tomorrow or next week you break up with Krystal sunbaenim, you can find me on first grade section, class 1-C.

Song Hyejin.'

"What's with this random boldness?" I asked in disbelief.

How many shameless girls I have to meddle with? I got the feeling that they were just used my birthday event for their confessions show.

"Does she just wishing you a break up with Soojung?" Seulgi asked after examined the letter.

I snorted.

"It's not like I'll go to her even if that happen. Besides, it won't happen any sooner." I crossed my arms and displayed a determined look.

Seulgi smiled in amusement while Kai patted my shoulder proudly. And I hoped Soojung were also heard what I said.

"How about I just throw these away?" I asked them.

"Don't. It will be fun if Soojung see these too." Seulgi glanced at Soojung who were still buried her face on her arms.

I nodded and grinned then Kai poked my arm.

"Hey, what happened yesterday? I thought you two have reconcile. Why does she's still ignoring you? Even on your birthday." Kai whispered beside me.

I sighed and gave up. So I told him what happened on the day before. Everything.

He glared at me.

"Why did your gayness had to came out on such situation? She would have forgive you if you didn't do that. Or at least, if she didn't caught you." He scolded me.

I could only bit my lip in regret. I turned to looked at Soojung and rested my chin above my arms that hugged the back rest of my chair and gazed at her.

After gained some composure, I braved myself to held her hand and it with my thumb. I could felt her hand stiffened at my touch. She didn't sleep and let me to touched her.

So I thought I still have a chance to reconcile with her.

Slowly, she held back my hand. I smiled widely. Seulgi who had been watched all along, held her thumbs up and smiled at me. I could have try to wake her only if the teacher didn't came in time.


Lunch time again. I didn't want to come to cafeteria since I was still traumatized by Monday's incident. And I believed that Jung Daeun would try to flirt with me again in any way. I've prepared a sandwich earlier at home, but I forgot to bring it.

As for Kai, he was still goes to cafeteria. But that time, he brought Seulgi along as his guard, even he held her arm anywhere. He told me that when Son Naeun was seduced him, suddenly Seulgi came and simply glared at Son Naeun. It turned out that she was afraid of Seulgi and left immediately. Maybe because either Seulgi was one of the popular student or she looked scary like grizzly bear. Roaring here and there.

"Dude, are you sure you don't want to come? We can share Seulgi as guard. Look, I'll hold her right arm and you can hold her left arm." Kai offered and pointed at Seulgi's arms.

"No way. You might get a new trouble if you do that." Seulgi pointed at Soojung who looked at us innocently.

"What?" She asked blankly.

"So, do you want us to bring you something instead?" Seulgi offered.

I shook my head.

"Okay, then. See you later Sehun, Soojung. Come on, scaredy cat." She referred to Kai and dragged him out.

So it was only me and Soojung in the classroom, engulfed in awkward silence. Then I heard she stood up from her seat.

"Sehun." She held my shoulder. I looked up in surprise.

Did she just talked to me by herself?

"Do you want to have lunch with me? Since you doesn't want to go to cafeteria, we can go to backyard. Jung Daeun won't find you there." She offered while held a lunch box in her right hand.

Although her voice were monotone, but it didn't bother me a bit. I smiled happily and was about to say yes but frowned in the end.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I forgot to bring my lunch."

"It's okay. We can share my lunch." She said with closest thing with smile.

"Call!" I grinned and dragged her happily

. That was easier than I thought. We arrived at the backyard and sat there. Soojung opened her lunch box and the aroma was so nice.

"This smells good. Your maid's good at cooking." I commented.

"I cooked this." She corrected while grabbed a chopsticks.

"You cooked this?!" I asked in disbelief.

I never know that she can cook.

"Do I looked like a spoiled brat to you?" She asked back while munched a rolled egg. I pursed my lips.

"How feisty." I mumbled. Soojung gave me her chopsticks.

"Here. Eat this." I shook my head.

"Feed me."

"No."

"I'll kiss you if you feed me." I offered.

"No."

"Oh, I know you want it." I teased.

"No."

"Don't lie~" I sang.

"No."

"How about I kiss you first then you feed me? This is the best I can offer."

"No." She refused stubbornly. I crossed my arms.

"Is it too hard for you to feed me?"

"Is it too hard for you to feed yourself?" She mimicked my tone.

I huffed and snatched the chopsticks from her then ate the food annoyingly. Followed with a pout. Suddenly something happened and I didn't expect it at all.

Soojung kissed my cheek.

"Don't be mad." She whispered.

I froze.

Then she snatched back her food and began to munched her food casually as if nothing happened.

"Does that mean you forgive me?" I asked warily.

"Not yet."

"Then what was that for?" I furrowed my brows.

"Just because you looked cute earlier."

I smiled and pinched her cheek before she swatted my hand away. She was still managed to complimented me even with a straight face.

"Soojung, can I ask you something?"

"Go on. You've already asked anyway. Aaah~" Finally she fed me and I ate happily.

"If we're still not in good terms, why did you asked me to have lunch with you?" I asked after finished munched.

"Just because it's your birthday."

"You know today's my birthday?" I raised a brow.

"Of course, I knew it since forever. Besides, many girls talked about it."

"Then why don't you wish me a happy birthday?"

"Because today we're still not in normal terms. I'll wish you next year."

"No~ Why are you so cruel? Even Jung Daeun wished me this morning." I whined.

"Oh, how sweet. Good for you then." She said sarcastically.

"That's not what I mean. You- Pft. Whatever, I give up. Just go home with me after school. Please." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"But we're not going to that men's clothing store."

"Promise." I raised my hand. The bell rang and we entered the class.

"Ooh, so that was why you refused to go to the cafeteria. You had a lunch date with her, eh?" Kai nudged teasingly.

"Shut up. Nothing happen, anyway. What about you? Did Son Naeun or the other girls still bothering you?" I changed the topic quickly.

"Nope. Thanks to this bear, she scared them all. I should've hire her as my guard a long time ago. Because of that, I owe her a kiss." Then he leaned towards Seulgi.

But she threw a book at his face.

"Just kiss that instead. And I'm not going to waste my time being your guard everyday. I have better things to do." She said and opened her notebook.

Kai rubbed his nose glared at Seulgi.

"Meanie. Fine, how about you Soo-" I cut him off.

"No. She's mine. Go find someone else." Right after I said that, the three of them widened their eyes at me.

"What did you say just now?" Kai pinched my cheeks hard.

"Ow, it hurts. Let go-"

"Did you even realize what did you said?" Seulgi butted in while pointed her pen at my nose.

Meanwhile Soojung looked away with an obvious blushed face when I glanced at her. So she liked it when I said she was mine.

I displayed a teasing smirk at her.

"Of course I knew what I said. What's wrong? Soojung is my girlfriend, so she's mine." I said confidently while kept my eyes on Soojung who were glared at me still with reddened face.

I clucked my tongue.

The teacher entered the class, prevented Kai and Seulgi to pester me further. During the lessons, I didn't pay attention at all and thought about what would I do with Soojung after school. She might be doesn't want to go anywhere other than home after the incident.

So it would be mine or her house. Since that day was my birthday, I planned to make her something. I can cook too, okay. Not that much, but at least I can do something other than boiling water. It could be bake a cake, make some noodles, or seaweed soup. Oh and beef too.

But if we stay at home, we might do it again. Talked about that, I've learned about how to do it with a girl for a beginner. Although it was only , but I thought maybe it would please her a bit. I realized that I've made her sad and offended of my acts. I felt so sorry and wanted to give her a payback. And I chose .

Why? I thought it will be awkward for me to literally have with a girl. I might wanted to do it in my room before, but then I thought again, I don't think I'm ready to do that mentally. And I felt I didn't have a right to take her ity. I'm just her gay boyfriend, not her straight husband.

The lessons ended quickly and I was anticipated to go home with Soojung.

For cooking or ?

Cooking. I'm not a ert.

"Soojung, let's-" I was about to drag her arm but she cut my sentence.

"We need to do this assignments first. And it's due the day after tomorrow." Soojung said while showed me stacks of papers.

"What? Why don't you do it tomorrow?"

"I can't do it tomorrow, so WE do it today." She pushed the papers to me.

"We?" I asked while stumbled.

"The assignments need to do in pairs. I knew you didn't listen so I said to the teacher to paired us up. Now let's go to library." Then she walked away.

That girl. She was in her demanding mode.

"Wait!"

I followed her to library. Soojung sat across me and gave me papers that I had to work before began to worked hers. It wasn't much, so I didn't have to concentrate deeply. As I worked on the papers, I began to started a conversation.

"Soojung, after this are you going to your house or mine?" She raised a brow at me.

"Of course my house. What am I doing in yours?"

"If that so, can I come along?"

"Why?"

"Since it's my birthday, I want to cook you something good."

"You can cook?!" She mimicked my disbelief tone. I glared at her.

"Stop it."

"You started it first. Seriously, you can cook?" I snorted and crossed my arms.

"Of course. You've tasted it on Friday."

She snorted back.

"I didn't know if bloated instant noodles could considered as cooking." She smirked teasingly.

"That was unintentional!" I protested loudly, earned bunch of 'hush' from others students. I bowed in embarrassment.

"You were finished it first, anyway." I said in lower voice.

"That was because I was too lazy make myself a dinner so I had no choice."

I lowered my head and pouted sadly.

"I'm sorry. I will not come along." I said and worked on my papers. Soojung stood up from her seat and stood right beside me and held my cheeks.

"Hey, I'm just joking." Then she repeatedly pecked my lips.

LIPS! My heart skipped a beat at that. I thought she would only do something with my cheeks. But that time she touched my lips with hers! And-

Oh why am I so ecstatic about her lips?

I threw a look at her, and she understood immediately.

"Not yet." She said as she shook her head.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, what took you so long? You doesn't seem mad at me anymore. Just don't tell me you're playing hard-to-get." I flinched as she glared at me murderously.

"What hard to get?! I was the one who always umpf-" I closed with my hand before she blurt out something embarrassing.

Soojung bit my hand suddenly, caused me to pulled back out of shock and pain.

"Argh! Do you really have to bite my hand?! It hurts!" I glared at her while rubbed my hand.

She stuck her tongue at me.

"Blame yourself! Your giant hand were also closed my nose and made me almost lose my breath!" I was about to defend myself but people in the library made a bigger hushes that made me scowled in defeat.

Then we continued to worked on our papers quietly. It was already 7 PM and Soojung spoke first.

"Do you still want to go home with me?" She asked while fixed the papers. I nodded quietly.

"Can you just wait me on the gate? I need to fix a few more things."

"Okay. But don't runaway." I warned and walked out of the library after bowed again to the librarian.

The school were almost empty when I walked out from the building. I waited at the gate, it was almost five minutes and Soojung hasn't come out yet. Then I felt a pat on my back. I turned around.

"Hi, Sehun!" Luhan hyung greeted me. I was anxious when I saw him.

Soojung might ignoring me again once she sees me with hyung.

"Oh, hello hyung."

I greeted back and bowed formally. I saw him frowned at my behavior. I weren't like that before, I always acted bratty when I'm around him. When he was about to open his mouth, I cut him immediately.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't want to sounded rude, but Soojung might come anytime soon and I couldn't control my anxiety.

"Of course to celebrate your birthday! Come on let's have dinner together and you, birthday boy-" I wasn't listening him anymore as I kept glanced at the front door warily.

"So? What are you waiting for? You're coming with me, right?" I looked at him.

"What?"

"Are you listening me? Today, dinner, you and me. Let's go?"

A big 'NO' were already on the tip of my tongue, but a voice butted in.

"Oh, so you're going with him. Okay, then." Soojung said blankly then walked up to a black car in front of the gate.

Meanwhile I still gaped at her. My consciousness were back when she slammed shut the car's door.

"Yah! Soojung! I'm not going with him!" I shouted and ran towards the car but it was already drove off.

How could her driver were there? I thought she said she wants to go with me. That time, I didn't care anymore about Luhan hyung and tried to run to the parking lot. But he held my arm, stopped me.

"Where are you going? We're still go out, right?" He asked stupidly.

It was obvious that I tried to chase Soojung who were misunderstood the situation, and there he was still bugged me stubbornly.

See? Directly or not, he was one of the reasons of my distance with Soojung.

"NO! Didn't you heard what I said just now? I'm not going with you! I was supposed to go with my girlfriend, not you!" I snapped at him angrily.

I left him there carelessly. I never do such to him before, and it never cross in my mind either. But who cares? I had enough of this not-so-warm treatment she gave me. And if he have any possibility to make it worse, I would ignore him as well.

I ran to my car hastily and drove off to her house as fast as possible. I didn't want to let this pass just like that and let her ignorance last any longer. I arrived on her house. The previous car was there, that means she had arrived first.

But there were no lighting at all.

Dark.

That made me hesitated to go in. Did she even inside there? I didn't know if Soojung afraid of dark or not. But even if not, who would to stay in such a dark big house like that? It seemed more like a haunted house instead.

My phone beeped suddenly, made me startled. A message from Soojung.

'Help.'

My eyes widened at the message. Did she got kidnapped? I tried to call her, but her number were already inactive. Then I tried to tracked her, it worked. Just like what I expected, she was in her house.

I dragged my feet to the front door of her house. I opened it carefully then balled my hands into fists, anticipated for a sudden attack.

I might be a gay, but I'm not a sissy. I've learned martial arts with Kai when we were younger. Although we ended up ran away from the coaching house twice a week since the coach was scary.

"Soojung?" I called in the dark.

As an answer, a few little lamps lighten the house a bit.

Not only that, those lamps were also led me to a way. I furrowed my brows and put my hands on my hip. The feeling of her got kidnapped were already flew away. But even so, I still followed the lamps that led me to her garden.

Carefully, of course. Instead of creepy, the garden looked so beautiful. I looked around, small colorful lamps were hanged on the trees, fireflies were also there and made the garden more shiny and wonderful. While my eyes were busy wandered around, the tip of my shoe bumped something hard. When I saw what was that, I got surprised.

A cute birthday cake with my name written on it, placed on a small table. I couldn't help but smiled widely. Then a familiar sweet voice called me from behind.

"Sehunnie." I turned around expectantly, still with a smile.

Then I saw Soojung, stood before me with her hands on her back and swayed cutely.

"Happy birthday, Sweetheart." She flashed me her beautiful smile that I missed lately and that made my heart fluttered.

"Soojungie." I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you." She whispered in my ear.

"Me too." I whispered back and when I looked at her, she kissed my lips sweetly.

I kissed back immediately. It was a bliss after four days waited almost impatiently

"I thought you would really wish me next year." I said in whiny voice. She chuckled.

"No way. I always waits for your birthday every year. And this year, we're a couple already. Of course I wouldn't let this pass."

What?

"You did-" She closed my mouth with her hand.

"I'll explain to you later." I pouted.

"Then what's with the 'help'?" She pointed at the cake.

"Help me to blow the candles. Um, sorry. I wanted to make a romantic surprise but.." She smiled sheepishly. I shook my head.

"This is more than enough, you've worked hard. I'm very happy, no girl ever do this to me aside from my family. Thank you, Soojung." I kissed her red cheek.

Then we blew the candles together happily. I remembered something as we entered the house.

"Soojung?" She hummed while placed the cake on the fridge.

She knew I didn't eat dessert on the night and it same goes with her.

"Does this mean you have forgive me?" I asked nervously.

She glanced at me.

"Not yet." I glared at her.

"Do I have to wait until your birthday? What should I do?" I crossed my arms.

Soojung approached me slowly and ran her hands on my chest, I gulped.

Then she sat on my lap, and rested her forehead on mine. I admitted that her gaze were just... Uh, tempting?

She whispered on my ear.

"I will only forgive you if you want..."


I need to pass a test and a bunch of procedure to enter the college until a month or so. Until then, see you.