C H A P T E R S E V E N

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Young sat at the dining table next to her brother and opposite her mother. A maid came to her side and poured her a glass of water before taking a few steps back and standing straight holding the jug. Min Young sipped her water slowly keeping her eyes on her plate or the wall ahead of her. Next to her mom was a newspaper. Even though Min Young couldn’t read the headlines, the picture of her and Kim Yoon Jae at the restaurant yesterday was enough to tell her what topic the article was on.

 The silence at the table was awkward. “Your father said he wants to see you tomorrow when he returns from his trip in China.” Her mother said before putting a spoonful of rice into . “Okay.” Min Young said quietly. She then stood up from her chair. “I am done. I will be going first.” She said bowing her head. Her brother dropped his fork on the plate, bowed his head at his mother and followed Min Young to her room. He shut the door behind him and walked to her bedside. She was laying down with arms and legs stretched out as she studied the ceiling. He sat at the edge of her bed.

“Yoon Jae called.”

Min Young sighed and turned her head to face him. “Mom forced me to go on a blind date with him.”

“He said you looked gorgeous last night.”

“Did he also tell you I turned him down?” She said looking back at the ceiling. “I am not interested in marriage yet. I don’t know why that doesn’t get through mom’s head.”

“He asked for your number.”

 “Speaking of which, give me your phone.” She said stretching her hand out towards her brother.

“Why?” Her brother asked taking his phone out of his suit pocket. He gave it to Min Young and she quickly dialed her number placing the phone on her ear. The phone rang but no one picked up. She tried again, and again, and again but no one was answering. She sighed and tried one last time. Just as she was about to end the call, someone picked up.

“Hello.” The voice sounded tired and out of breath.

Min Young sat up quickly at the sound of someone answering her phone. “Yes hello! Who is this?” She said pushing hair behind her ear.

“You called so you tell me. Who are you?”

“I am Park Min Young, the owner of the phone in your possession. So who is this?”

G-dragon smiled holding the light blue phone to his ear. He was back in Seoul and now laying in his enormous bed. He was trying to get some sleep when her phone started ringing endlessly. It had been doing the same just the night before as calls and texts from an unknown number and someone under the name Kyung Joo kept coming in. He ended the call and sent the number she had used to call a text message.

‘Golden Palace, top floor, apartment number 3205, 11:30 Am. don’t be late. I am a very busy person :) ’

Min Young’s eyes widened at the message. “What’s wrong?” Her brother asked concerned. “This ! They didn’t even tell me who they are and they just hang up on me like that!” She said angrily. “You know I can have you arrested for stealing!” She said shouting at the phone like the call was still connected. Her brother chuckled and took the phone away from her. Looking at the screen, his eyes grew with concern.

“Are you really going to go to that address?” He asked. Min Young sighed and fell back on her bed.

“Do I have a choice? That phone is very important.”

“It could be a kidnapper or a murder for all we know.” He said looking at his sister’s small delicate face.

“Living in Golden Palace? Now that’s not possible. That place has tight security and besides, I am sure the guards at the gates and doors will notice if someone walks out with a body bag.” Min Young joked.

“I just want you to be safe.” He brother said standing up. “But if you insist,” he added looked at his wrist watch. “You have about thirty minutes to 11:30.”

Min Young sat up again. “Seriously! How late was breakfast? What are you still doing at home? Don’t you have work?” she asked running her hands through her hair.

“I only have a meeting in an hour. I wanted to have some quality time with you. The only times I get to see you are when you come for money or that once in a month visits to steal the Turkish chocolates.” He said chuckling and cupping her face in his hands. “I miss you so much. Sometimes I wish you could go back to being the little Min Young that depended on her Oppa for everything.” He said with a hint of sadness in his voice. He bent over her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Min Young smiled and looked up at him. “Stop getting all emotional.” She said making him laugh. “Get out in need to get ready and go to Golden Palace.” She said throwing her legs off the bed.

The doorbell rang just after he put Min Young’s phone on his bedside table. “She here already! How? Did she track her phone?” G-dragon asked himself getting off the bed. He Picked up a random t-shirt from his unpacked suitcase and put it on. He lazily ran his hands through his tousled hair as he slowly walked to the door. He looked at the video monitor next to his door that displayed video footage of whoever was outside the door through the camera on the door handle outside. He saw his sister Kwon Dami and besides her was a pram that carried her son. He quickly opened the door.

“Noona what are you doing here?” he asked surprised.

“I came to drop off this little man.” She replied pointing at her son. “He isn’t feeling well so I couldn’t take him to daycare today, his nanny has the flu and I can’t take him to the boutique right now. I am receiving a new shipping and it’s kind of hectic there. So can you keep an eye on him for me?”

“Sure. No problem.” He said opening the door, making it wide enough for his sister to push the pram inside his penthouse.

“Everything you will need is inside this bag.” She said handing him the baby bag. “I hope it’s not a bother. I heard you were involved in some sort of accident. Are you okay?”

“Yes I am. The reporters were just over exaggerating. See am not even wearing my neck brace anymore.” He said running a hand at the side of his neck. Before she could reply, her phone started ringing. Looking at the caller ID, she kissed her baby’s forehead and hugged her brother quickly. “Thanks baby bro. I have to get going now.” She said rushing out the door slamming it shut before leaving. G-dragon sighed heavily and pushed the pram with the sleeping boy to his living room. “I best make myself some breakfast before he walks up.” G-dragon muttered to himself walking to the kitchen.

He was half done with his toast and jam when someone started ringing the doorbell like their life depended on it. “Which idiot is going to wake the kid up?” He muttered angrily walking to the door, toast hanging from his mouth. He looked at the video monitor and there she was, Min Young, ringing the doorbell like there was no tomorrow. As he reached out for the door handle, wails sounded from his living room. He groaned and went back to the pram picking the baby up and walking to the door. He reached his free hand to the handle and threw the door open.

The door flew open and standing in front of her was G-dragon in shorts, wrinkled t-shirt, tousled hair, a sleepy face and a baby in his arms. She folded her arms angrily against her chest, biting her lip to stop all the cuss words that were on her tongue. “Morning.” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter