CHAPTER NINETEEN

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji- Ji Yong?” Min Young stuttered.

Ji Yong quickly stuffed the pendant in his jacket pocket and put a finger on her lips. He looked around to make sure no one noticed him before grabbing her hand and taking her outside.

“What, where did you get that pendant from?” She asked as soon as they were outside. He just stared back at her unsure of whether he should tell her. The truth was stuck in his throat, he felt suffocated and like he couldn’t breathe.

“Well?” Min Young said nervously biting her lower lip. Her heart was beating just as fast as G-dragon’s. This was a pendant she had been searching for, for four years now. And on the anniversary of the day she lost it, it shows up right in front of her, but in the hands of someone else. Before he could answer, Kyung Joo shows up calling her name out.

“I have to go.” G-dragon says quickly as he turns and jogs away.

“Who was that?” Kyung Joo asks as she gets to Min Young.

“Ji Yong.” Min Young replied turning to look back as an image of his eyes played in her head. She shook her head before facing Kyung Joo again. Noticing the frown on her best friends face, Kyung Joo put her hand through Min Young’s and securing them together.

“Come on! I have been craving the cherry ice-cream.” She said pulling Min Young back into the shop.

“Welcome,” the girl behind the counter said “Can I take your order?” she said beamingly.

“I will have a cherry ice-cream, no sprinkles and you Min Young?” Kyung Joo said turning to face Min Young who had once again, spaced out. “Min Young?” she said tapping her shoulder and Min young quickly blinked back to reality only to see the ice-cream girl and her best friend stare at her blankly.

“Whatever she’s having.” She quickly said and the girl behind the counter smiled politely nodding.

“Are you okay?” Kyung Joo asked as they walked to an empty table.

“Yes.” Min Young quickly answered as they settled down. Kyung Joo looked at her unconvincingly but kept her thoughts to herself. “Kyung Joo.” Min Young called quietly.

“Yah.” Kyung Joo replied placing her arms on the able and leaning forward.

“Remember my pendant?” she asked meeting her best friends eyes. Kyung Joo nodded quietly. “Do you think,” she started then paused for a while. “How many pendants do you think are out there? That look like mine.”

“I don’t think there is another one except yours. And if there are other copies, then I don’t think they are many because we have been searching for yours for a while and we haven’t even seen anything that looks like it yet.” She said leaning back into her seat. “Is that what has been bothering you?” she asked concerned. “If you want, I can look into that accident again.”

“I was just wondering, and its fine, you don’t have to” Min Young said quietly as two cups with ice cream were put in front of them.

“Enjoy this one, its on me.” Kyung Joo said picking up her spoon. Min young did the same and shot her friend a reassuring smile.

Min Young groaned as her dog continued to her face. “Please Ri Na.” She said pushing its head away with her eyes still shut. Right then, her phone started ringing. She groaned and reached her hand out for it.

“Hello.” She said sleepily.

“Oh did I wake the queen of being late?” G-dragon said from the other end.

Min Young quickly sat up opening her eyes wide. She quickly turned to face the clock by her bedside and her eyes widened like saucers as an audible gasp escaped when she saw the time was 10:30am. “Am late aren’t I.” she said quickly jumping from her bed as Ri Na followed behind her.

“Am already at the studio, you have thirty minutes.” G-dragon said before hanging up. Min Young quickly tossed her phone onto her bed and started stripping off her clothes muttering cuss words under her breath. She ran into the shower leaving the door open. Ri Na followed in with her. As Min Young the water, the puppy started her toes causing her to jump in the shower.

“RI NA!!” she screamed from her bathroom.

The doors opened simultaneously and both G-dragon and Min Young stepped into the hall way, standing opposite each other. G-dragons eyes traveled all over Min Young. She looked like a completely different person. She wore a long midnight blue dress that swept the ground. The dress sleeves covered her arms to her wrists in a lace material that was dotted with small diamonds. The neckline exposed her collarbones and half her shoulders. At the back, the dress had a low cut leaving half her back exposed. Her hair was curled and pined back only with a few strands left out and falling on her fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter