C H A P T E R T E N

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her hands were shaking as the realization of what she had just done hit her. Her mother dragged her out of the hall and behind her was Min Young’s father and brother who were struck with the same shock. Reporters followed them, taking pictures and outside, G-dragon fans went wide. Min Young kept her eyes down as her heart beat fast in her chest. She had just lied to a whole nation. Was she ready to face the consequences? Nope. She wasn’t even ready to face her mother yet, how will she face a whole nation?   

When they got home, Min Young’s mother dragged her to the living room. “What have you done?” she shrieked. Min Young stood there, playing with her fingers nervously. “Go to your room. I need to think of a way to solve this problem.” Her mother huffed as she pointed towards the living room doors. Min Young nodded and walked away. Her mother huffed and ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. As Min Young walked out the door, she past her father who was entering the living room. He looked at her once and flashed her a small smile before entering the living room. Min Young reached the giant stairs that led to the first floor of the house where her room was. She looked at them and turned her head to look at the doors beyond the foyer. The big door that would lead her outside. She looked at the stairs again, debating whether she was really going to listen to her mother or whether she would rebel.

“I would choose the latter if you want to show her you’re serious.” Her brother said stepping into the foyer from the kitchen, his hands folded against his chest. He smiled at her widely as he stretched his arms out wide. Min Young ran into his embrace. “I am so proud of you.” He said wrapping his arms around her chuckling.

“Mom is so furious.” She said smiling in satisfaction.

“I know.” Her brother said laughing. He pulled away. “Oh by the way.” He said taking her phone from his pocket. “This keeps on vibrating.” He said holding her phone up and as if on cue, it started vibrating again, an unknown number flashing on the screen. Min Young took the phone away from her brother.

“Hello.” She answered.

She heard a scoff from the other end of the line. “Relationship? Ya Ahjumma! What are you trying to do to me?” she heard a very familiar voice. “And what took you so long to pick up the phone! Do you have matters more urgent than the lie you just told to a whole nation?”

“You have noooo idea.” Min Young said rolling her eyes.

‘Who is it?’ her brother mouthed.

‘My secret lover.’ She mouthed back holding a laugh.

“Explain yourself.” G-dragon said dropping onto a bean bag back at his house.

“Let’s meet up. It’s a long story. How does that French restaurant sound?”

“Ya! Stop ordering me around.” G-dragon replied arrogantly.

“Fine if you don’t want to come, then don’t!” Min Young shot back. G-dragon could sense the desperation in her voice as she spoke.

He breathed in deeply and exhaled audibly. “Sounds good. Meet you there in ten.” He said hanging up.

“What did she say?” G-dragon’s manager asked anxiously.

“She said it’s a long story. She wants to meet up and talk about it.”

Before his manager could talk, his phone rang. “Hello….yes boss…..he is actually going to meet her right now….yes….I will call you back with updates…yes” He hung up. “Do you know who that was?” he asked pointing at the phone in his hand. G-dragon shook his head. “No. Who was it?” he asked innocently.

“That was YG entertainment’s C.E.O! Now go and get answers to the questions he is asking!”

“I don’t even know what questions he is asking.”

“Just go find out what that girl was thinking when she made such an announcement!” G-dragon’s manager said pushing him off the bean bag.

“Okay, okay!” he said raising his hands in defeat and standing up.

They sat on the small table by the window with two glasses of iced tea in front of them. The restaurant was completely empty except the two business men about five tables away from them so they weren’t worried that any pictures would be taken or that fans would bother them.

  “What were you thinking? Do you have a crush on me or something, making such an announcement in public without even my consent?” G-dragon said folding his arms against his chest. Min young scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Crush? Oh please. Pigs will fly before that happens.” G-dragon placed his elbows on the table and leaned forward. “Then why did you do it?” he asked staring into her eyes. Min Young averted her eyes away and looked out the window.

“My mom is forcing me to get married to some guy. I couldn’t let her make that announcement because once it was made, I didn’t think I would be able to stop the wedding. At that time, saying what I said about us seemed right. And besides, no one will doubt it due to the past events.” She said looking back at him.

“You lied to the whole nation to avoid marriage?” he asked leaning back into his seat.

“Politicians do it every day. Well not to avoid marriage but to avoid things like riots, being judged, ridiculed, stull like that.” Min Young shrugged lifting her straw to her lips and taking a sip from her iced tea. “Can’t you just pretend that we are dating? At least until I find another solution?” she said placing her glass back on the table.

“You’re not even my fan. Why should I help you? What is in it for me?” he asked smirking. Min Young looked at him, eyes filled with desperation.

“Please just help me out.” She said with a desperate edge in her voice. G-dragon swallowed and put his index finger on his chin, tapping it as he thought. He remembered how her mother slapped her and on Jeju island. How desperate Min Young’s voice sounded on that day and now. He suddenly felt the urge to help her. He sighed giving in. “Okay, I will do it out of the goodness of my heart.” He said dropping his hand.

“Really!” Min Young said smiling brightly. G-dragon nodded. “Oh yah, one more thing.” Min Young said rubbing her hands together nervously. “Whatever you do, you can’t fall in love with me. I have watched many dramas that start out like this and the guy always falls for the girl.” G-dragon scoffed. “Is that where you got this ridiculous idea from? The whole fake dating thing? From a drama?” he asked resting his hands on the chair’s arms. Min Young looked in thought for a second and shook her head.

“Nope. I came up with it all on my own. I was sort of in the moment.”

“Did that moment seem like a movie or a drama?” He asked arching his eyebrow. Min Young swallowed. He was right. In that moment, Min Young could have sworn she felt like an actress in a famous drama going through some family issues. ‘If only it was a drama.’ She thought.

“Well no need to worry. I highly doubt I can love you. You are totally not my type.” As soon as these words left his mouth, he felt like he was telling the biggest lie of the year. “So how do you plan to face the consequences later on? Because trust me, they will be some.” He said sitting upright and folding his arms against his chest.

“I don’t know yet but I am thinking of a way.” She sighed.

“Well just think of a smart one. Don’t drag me down to the grave with you. I am a big star. I don’t want my image and reputation destroyed. Understand?”

“If it isn’t a smart plan, I will be losing more than you. So trust me, it will be smart. Self-centered .” She muttered the last part under her breath. They sat there in silence, the air getting heavier.

“You know, we will have to do all sorts of things together to make it believable.” Min Young said breaking the silence. “We have to go to the movies together, have lunch dates and stuff, attend T.V interviews for the first few days, you being a star the press would go mad wanting interviews.”

“Ahh it’s so much!” G-dragon whined like a child.

"But remember, you can never, NEVER EVER fall in love with me."

 

"So all we have to do is pretend?" he asked amused.

 

"Yes." she nodded firmly as she played around with her straw.

 

His eyes moved to the glass. He watched the ice hit the sides of the glass making a chink sound with each hit. He then looked up into her brown eyes that were filled with determination.

He had always found her quite intriguing. He stood up, pushing his chair behind. He bent over the table, his hands on each side. He moved his face closer to hers as she pushed herself onto the back of the chair. His eyes travelled down to her small pink lips. She them nervously and he smirked. He brought his lips closer to hers. Her breath caught in .

"Pretend like this?" he whispered with a husky voice as his breath fanned over her face. She swallowed hard unable to move. Her cheeks adapted a new dark red tint. “You’re in my p-personal s-space.” She stuttered. G-dragon loved seeing her like this. Fragile in front of him. She was always acting so mighty and high but now, she was squeaking and blushing like a little high school girl and he loved it. He smirked and bit down hard on his lip. Min Young’s eyes shifted from his, moving down to his lips. G-dragon moved closer, their lips almost touching. Min Young gripped tightly on the chair arms at her sides. Her breathing was now at a speedy pace as her eyes remained wide. G-dragon moved past her lips and placed his lips on her cheek. He then went back to his seat. Looking at her flushed face, his smirk widened. “Wow Ahjumma look at how red that face is.” He chuckled. Min Young’s hand quickly shot to her cheeks in embarrassment. “Do we have a deal?” she asked drop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter