C H A P T E R E L E V E N

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you guys have to fake a relationship now?” Kyung Joo asked Min Young as she picked up their coffee from one of the cafés at the mall. “Yap.” Min Young said grabbing her Americano from Kyung Joo. The night before, was spent cleaning up Kyung Joo’s apartment then drinking Soju and playing card games. They both woke up past eleven with blood shot eyes and hangovers that felt like death itself.

“Wow! This story would make a great exclusive.” He best friend said with a sly grin.

“If you even dare…” Min Young said glaring at Kyung Joo.

“I wouldn’t!” Kyung Joo said laughing and taking a sip from her coffee. “So you want to do that shopping we have been holding off for like forever.”

“You say it like I was the one who always postponed it.” Min Young said as they walked into the first boutique. Kyung Joo looked at her arching her eyebrow. Min Young then realized it was indeed her who had been post ponding it with all that has been happening in her life at the moment. “Never mind.” She muttered causing her friend to laugh.

“Come on let’s get started!” her best friend said dragging her into the changing rooms with a handful of clothes.

As she was trying on a black jumpsuit, her phone rang. She sighed and pushed her hair to one side picking it up. “Hello.” She said standing in front of the mirror and admiring her reflection.

“Mom knows you’re at the mall. She will be there in five minutes.” Her brother said twirling in his seat at his office.

“How!” Min Young asked shocked. “I turned off my phone’s GPS!”

“You might have turned that off but now that you have fans and a fan club-”

“Fans? Fan clubs? What are you talking about?” Min Young asked looking at the price tag of the jumpsuit.

“Wait.” Her brother said taking the phone off his ear and tapping on the screen a few times. A message then popped up on Min Young’s screen. She opened it and found links to about five websites. She opened the first one and it led her a fan club online with her name and pictures. She looked at it horrified!

“Oh my God! Where did they get that picture of me!” she said referring to the picture of her and G-dragon with Gi Tae.

“It was posted on Teayang’s instagram. You would have known if you had an account. Ahjumma.” Her brother said chuckling.

“Stop calling me Ahjumma you bird brain.” Min Young said bitterly.

“Anyway, I just word that mom has made it on the second floor. Right now she is at the escalators with….six men. Enough to drag you bag home. This time she might put chains on you.” Her brother said putting his legs on his table as he watched the live camera footage from a tab sitting on his table.

“I am hanging up.” Min Young said and she hang up. She quickly grabbed her clothes and rushed out of the changing room. She found her friend waiting for her to come out.

“Min Young! We have a problem.” She said pointing towards the boutique’s entrance.

“She’s here already!” Min Young said grabbing a hold of her best friend’s wrist and hiding behind one of the clothing racks.

“Are you seriously going to hide from your fans?” Her best friend asked as she peeped over the clothes. Min Young pulled her back down.

“What fans?” she asked confused.

“These ones.” Her friend said pulling her away from behind the clothing racks and pushing her to towards the front doors as Min Young protested. The screams of the girls outside got louder as Min Young got to the glass door. They had surrounded the shop and were taking pictures through the glass windows. They all span and just when Min Young thought they couldn’t get any louder, they proved her wrong. Min Young stood there flat-footed.

“Oh don’t fret over it! You were born for the spotlight anyways.” Her best friend said nudging her playfully on the side of her stomach when she noticed Min Young sweating. The crowd of girls split in half as someone walked towards the front door. Min Young expected it to be her mother. She was supposed to have been here sooner anyways. She looked at her feet nervously. Could her mom really publically humiliate her? She looked up as the door opened. Her breath caught in . She looked at the familiar black haired guy that she was supposedly in a relationship with. He stood at the door way and as their eyes met, his lips curved upwards forming a smile.

Min Young was gob smacked. Her eyes widened and her lips moved but no words came out. Honestly this situation couldn’t get any worse. She thought as her eyes moved between her supposed boyfriend and the fans. Her best friend smiled and started dragging her towards G-dragon who was standing there alone.

“Ya! What are you doing?” Min Young asked with a horrified expression.

“Helping you keep your public appearance! What kind of girlfriend doesn’t run to her boyfriend when she sees him?”

“A fake one!” Min Young said as they stood in front of G-dragon.

“Hello. I am Eun Kyung Joo. Min Young’s best friend. Pleasure to meet you” Kyung Joo said reaching her hand out to shake G-dragon’s. He smiled at her and returned her hand shake.

“I am Kwon Ji Yong. Min Young’s boyfriend, and the pleasure is all mine.”

“I will go pay for that jumpsuit while you guys catch up.” Kyung Joo said pointing at the jumpsuit Min Young wore.

“O-oh yes. Thank you.” Min Young said flabbergasted, handing over her credit card to Kyung Joo. Kyung Joo took Min Young’s credit card and walked away chuckling to herself. When was the last time Min Young had anything close to a boyfriend? High school? Yes it was then. The mere fact that Min Young had a boyfriend now, even if he was fake made Kyung Joo excited for her friend.

“What are you doing here?” Min Young whispered leaning closer to G-dragon as she searched the crowds for her mother.

“I am modeling for this store. What are you doing here? Did your brother tell you I’d be here today so you decided to stop by?” he said with a smirk on his face. “I don’t know what I should call this. You being a supportive girlfriend or a stalker.” He said earning a scowl from Min Young.

“I should get going.” Min Young said spotting her mother at the far end of the crowd making her way through.

“Leaving already?” G-dragon said getting hold of Min Young’s hand before she could open the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter