C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please wake up.” G-dragon said through gritted teeth as he continued to give her CPR. He gave -to-mouth and continued with CPR but his attempts were to no avail. Min Young didn’t wake let alone cough out the water. He pressed his fingers against her neck and his eyes widened in shock. Her pulse was abnormally fast. “What is going on?” he whispered to himself.

The paramedics came rushing into the bathroom. One of them grabbed G-dragon and moved him to the side before quickly running back to Min Young. G-dragon ran his hand through his hair frustrated as he watched them lift Min Young off the ground carefully as to not undress her and onto a stretcher.

“Her pulse is out of this world!” one of the paramedics said.

“Her pupils are dilated and her body is showing signs of an overdose, we need to rush her to the hospital now!” one of the paramedics said and they uniformly grabbed the stretcher and lifted Min Young out of her bathroom.

G-dragon and her bodyguards followed closely behind them and when they got to the ambulance, G-dragon quickly got in and the doors were shut. Min Young’s bodyguards were forced to follow behind in a car. As the ambulance rushed to the hospital, one of the paramedics took out a phone and made a call.

“We have a possible case of an over dose, we will be there in about two minutes.” He said before hanging up. He then looked up at G-dragon who was now aghast.

“Do you know what she took?”

“No, I found her in her bathtub when I got to her apartment. She was already unconscious submerged under water.”

The ambulance came to a halt and the doors opened. Min Young was taken out and transferred to a bed and she was wheeled into the hospital by doctors. G-dragon ran next to the bed and looked down at her fragile body, covered in his woolen coat. She was taken to the emergency room and G-dragon was held back by a nurse who asked him to fill in a few forms. He watched as the bed came to a halt and a curtain was drawn.

“Are you her family or guardian?” she asked handing him a form on a clip board.

G-dragon looked at the nurse who obviously knew who he was.  He looked around him and saw people staring at him. He looked back at the nurse and took the clipboard.

He hesitated for a moment, the pen went over to the side of guardian and the nib was touching the paper. He looked up at the nurse and ran his tongue over his lower lip nervously. “Her family.” He said moving the nib over to the family part and filling in the form.

“She wasn’t unconscious because she had drowned. It was an over dose. Lucky for her, you got there when you did. We pumped her stomach and her condition is now stable.” The doctor said to G-dragon and Tae Joon.

“Thank you doctor.” G-dragon said giving a slight bow.

“You can go in and see her.” He said with a small smile and he walked away. As he left, Tae Joon gave him a slight bow too but kept silent.

G-dragon slide the door open and walked in, sliding it shut behind him before Tae Joon could get a glimpse at Min Young. He slowly walked towards Min Young. She was now in a hospital gown, sleeping soundly. He pulled out a chair and sat next to her bed. The room was quiet except for sound of her breathing.

“Here we are again.” G-dragon said with a sigh. “They should probably put hospital rooms in our names because we always end up here. I think ever since I met you, I was doomed to be in the hospital almost every month.” He said with a chuckle. “You bad luck charm.” He said laughing lightly as his hand moved to her face and brushed her hair away from her face.

“I could say the same for you.” She croaked and moved her head to face him. He quickly pulled away his hand away from her face and looked at her with wide eyes. “Ever since I met you, I have been in the hospital almost every day.”

“How long have you been awake?”

“Not for a while. I heard you call me a bad luck charm though.” She said pushing her upper body off the bed to sit up. “Can you get me some water?” she said as a she put a hand over .

“Why did you do it?” G-dragon asked standing up from his stool to get her a cup of water from the water dispenser.

“Do what?” she asked keeping her eyes on him.

He grabbed a plastic cup and filled it with water. “Take the over dose.” He said turning around to face her with the cup in his hand. “Is it because of your mom?”

“I didn’t take an over dose.” She said with a light laugh.

“If you didn’t, we wouldn’t be here.” He said handing her the glass of water. She took a small sip from it and ran her tongue over her dry lips.

“I didn’t do it intentionally. I was in pain and I just took pills to stop the pain. I didn’t think I would end up like this.”

He looked at her doubtfully and sat back on his chair.

“I remember being in the bathroom though. What am I doing here and with you of all people?” she asked before gulping down the rest of the water.

“I came to ask you about what you plan to do for the family meeting and I found you submerged under water in your bathtub.” He said the last part looking down shyly as the memory of him pulling her out with only a woolen coat around her played in his mind again.

Her eyes widened, her cheeks went red and her arms wrapped around her body defensively. “You b-better get those t-thoughts out of your head!” she said filled with embarrassment.

“Like you have anything worth my thoughts.” He said rolling his eyes.

“YA!” she shouted and grabbed a pillow throwing it at his face. He got the pillow and threw it back at her.

“What is your cup size anyway? You are so small!” he exclaimed and she wrapped her hands around her chest while she glared at him.

“Get out!” she said angrily as her hospital door slide open.

“Ya! You crazy idiot!” Kyung Joo stormed into her room.

The pair both looked at her with horrified faces as she got closer to them with her fists folded tight.

“Kyung Joo.” Min Young whispered.

“What is this about an over dose I am hearing! Do you want to die? Should I help you then?” she screamed and jumped for Min Young’s throat and started strangling her.

“Ya! Kyung Joo.” Min Young chocked as she tried to push her friend away. G-dragon reached for Kyung Joo’s waist and pulled her off Min Young as she threw her legs around screaming. Right then, the hospital door slide open and the rest of the big bang boys stood at the entrance. Min Young looked towards the door with her hand at as she coughed. G-dragon and Kyung Joo turned and looked at the door.

“What going on?” Teayang asked walking in with a get well soon balloon. G-dragon put Kyung Joo down and she combed her blonde hair from her face in attempts to look sane again.

“Is she another crazy fan?” Seungri asked eying her from head to toe with a teddy bear in his hand.

“She looks crazy but she doesn’t seem like a fan.” Deasung said holding a small box in his hand and T.O.P followed quietly behind them.

“That’s my best friend Eun Kyung Joo.” Min Young said when her coughing fit had come to an end.

“Who is crazy?” she asked putting her hands on her waist and arching and eyebrow at them.

“Sorry, I just thought.” Seungri said walking towards her. “You can call me Seungri.” He said putting his hand out to her. She took it in her hand and squeezed it. Seungri let out a loud cry of pain and he dropped the teddy bear to the ground as his other hand tried to pry Kyung Joo’s hand off his. “Please stop! I am so sorry!” he cried and she let go of his hand. “What kind of girl is that strong?” he asked holding his hand in pain.

“You want me to do the same for the other hand?” she asked holding her hand out.

“No.” he said backing away from her shaking his head.

Kyung Joo picked up the teddy bear and placed it on Min Young’s bedside before turning to face the band members.

“How are you doing Min Young?” Deasung asked placing the box of chocolate on her lap.

“Better now.” She said with a smile.

“Is it because we are here?” Teayang said with a wink and Min Young laughed.

“I will go sign your discharge papers.” G-dragon said walking to the door. He slide the door open and came face to face with Tae Joon. “You can go in and see her if you want.” He said before walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter