C H A P T E R O N E

WHY WE CAN'T LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
COVER (CHAPTER IMAGE) MADE BY @YunaBaebae FROM BUTTERFLY&BUTTERCUP GRAPHICH SHOP                                                                              

  

Her body rhythmically moved to the beats of Danger BTS as sweat continuously dribbled down her face. She was heaving heavily. She had been at it for almost two hours but the constant pain in her right knee wouldn’t let her get the steps for the chorus right. She wore a dark blue tank top with black ripped jeans and black boots. She had a bandana tied to her left arm to complete her messy look. Her chin lengthen strawberry blonde hair was dripping with sweat and falling in her face. She gritted her teeth as she applied too much pressure on her knee yet again by mistake. Her right leg slipped from under her and she messed up the step for what felt like the 100th time today. She bent and grabbed her knee with one hand and yelled in anger as she pulled the earphones out of her ears and threw them at the wall with the other. She limped over to her duffle bag and took out a pill bottle. She took out two pills and put them in . That’s all she needed to do. Take pain killers and the pain would be gone in five minutes. She then reached out for her black water bottle and gulped down a mouth full of water.

Wiping with the back of her sweaty hand, she stood up straight and walked to where her iPod was. She picked it up and held it in her palms. One of the ear phones was broken. She sighed and looked up at the ceiling where one old fan was spinning at a slow pace. She closed her fists and dropped her hand, the broken earphone hanging from her hand. She walked back to her duffle bag and threw her belongings in. She pulled out a face towel and zipped up her bag. She wiped away the sweat on her face and pushed her hair behind her ears. She then placed the face towel on her head feeling too lazy to open her duffle bag zipper again.

There was a man outside the room. He had been carefully watching her for about twenty minutes. He had arrived with his band to discuss their music video when he saw her. Dancing like she was forced to do it. There is nothing passionate about the way she dances he thought to himself yet he still couldn’t leave. His band members had all gone ahead, only he was left behind, watching her dance. His phone vibrated in he’s pocket and he quickly pulled it out only to see he had received a text.

Sender: T.O.P

 ‘Yah! Ji Yong. Where are you? Everyone’s’ waiting for you.’

He sighed and locked he’s phone putting it in his jacket pocket. When he looked up, through the square glass on the door, he could see her approaching the door with a towel placed on her head. She looked so tired and worn out. His phone vibrated again. He pulled it out again and unlocked it. It was another text from T.O.P. He sighed and locked his phone again not bothering to read the text. He walked away from the door and followed the hallway like he initially was when he first got here.

“Where have you been?” His manager questioned angrily as Ji Yong walked through the doors of the office where his band members had been patiently waiting for him. They were all sprawled on the couches reading an old magazine or playing with their phones. “Sorry I got lost.” Ji Yong said chuckling a little as he scratched at the back of his head. His manager rolled his eyes and threw a file at Ji Yong who quickly caught it before the papers slid out.

Opening it, he questioned. “What is this?” He asked going through the papers quickly.

“It’s a profile for the dancers for your next music video.” He’s manager replied.

 “Why are you giving this to me?” He asked throwing it back to he’s manager. “Just make sure they’re good.” He said plunging on one of the bean bags next to Teayang.

He let out a sigh as he shut his eyes and thought back when he stood outside the door of that room where he saw her dance. Was she going to be one of the dancers on the list? He hoped not. He definitely didn’t want someone like her with no passion for what she did on he’s music video. “What is next on our schedule after dance practice?” Seungri asked putting down the magazine he was reading and getting up. “You boys can go back to your hotel rooms. I have to go to the department store and make sure everything is all set for tomorrow’s fan signing.” Their manager replied. “So you boys go have your practice, I’ll be going now.” Their manager said grabbing he’s coat from the coat hanger and wearing it. “Lee Sung Joo will be waiting outside to drive you back to your hotel.” He said before leaving. The boys got up from their positions and left the office, walking to the room they practiced from.

The fan signing day was here. The boys arrived in a lack van that was tinted everywhere except the windshield. Ji Yong leaned against the plush seats and shut he’s eyes. He wasn’t ready for the day yet and he felt a small nap would help. Fans and reporters were crowded outside the cars taking pictures and screaming. There was definitely no way they were going to make it through the front doors.

“Why don’t we just use the underground parking lot then use an elevator to get to the floor of the fan signing?” Teayang asked.

“I don’t like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter