Consequences ... Part I

Like you said before

The next morning, the dorm was empty. Morning drifted into lunchtime, and the rot door opened slowly.

A tall man stepped in. Hwang Chansung. He had cancelled the rest of the practices today. It had come back ... It was still here ...

He remembered how he had gone into the dark dancing studio to retrieve his bag. The mirrors reflected the lone figure darting across the room. Chansung tried not to look at the reflections. After ... After ... What had happened last night ... He didn't think he could handle it again. He reached his bag, hooked his arm around the strap. Printed for the door. Cursed the lights for not working, leaving him to be in a dark, large room filled with mirrors, mirrors, mirrors ... Then a cold wind swept down his neck, and he stifled a scream. He slipped, and saw his own reflection again ...

The dull-eyed Chansung, staring back at him, opening his mouth to speak ... The words ... Chansung blocked his ears with his hands and ran, but not before the handful of words had slipped into his ears, curled around his brain ...

"The rest will follow ... Helpless ... The only ones ... Now ..."

Chansung returned to the main studio to his hroup of trainees, shaken and distraught. He busied himself adjusting the strap on his bag, trying to control his breathing. He felt eyes on him, and stood up, plastering a smile on his face.

"Okay, bag pause over. One more try, guys!"

He turned up the music, and secretly heaved a sigh of relief as the trainees returned their attention to the dancing. ...

*After practise*

 Chansung watched the trainees filter from the studio, chatting and laughing. All but - he felt a tap on his shoulder, and saw a girl - Fei - looking up at him with wide eyes. She asked him tentatively ... "Chansung, is anything ... wrong?"

Oh crap, she noticed. Chansung saw in her eyes that she knew. He sighed and nodded.

"But it's nothing to worry about, don't worry Fei. Okay? And ..." - he lowered his voice - "... Please dont tell any of my hyungs. Just forget it." Fei nodded, a strange expression on her face, before skipping out of the studio.

Chansung sighed and walked to the cafeteria. Where the other members were waiting.

All - no, there were only four. Where ... was Nichkhun? He felt a twinge of worry.

"Yo Chan! How's the teaching going?" yelled Minjun, grinning.

Chansung mentally smiled ... bitterly. Good ... Minjun hadn't noticed. Bad ... Taecyeon was giving him a strange look. Wooyoung too. He shrugged.

"It's okay. I've got a few trainees who I have my eye on. Potential, you know?" That was true. He looked behind him.

Nichkhun still wasn't there.

A cold fist on worry settled deep in the pit of his stomach.

Was ... By any chance ... Nichkhun going through the same thing? ...

He shook his head mentally. No. It couldn't be. But ... The ... Not-Chansung said ... The Six of them ... Could it be? He sank into his thoughts for a full minute before realising that Junho was waving a hand in front of his face.

"Chansung? Hello? Earth to Channie!" Chansung jumped, and he laughed.

Taecyeon leaned over the table with a serious expression on his face. "Chan, meet me in the park at 10. Okay?" He turned and left the table. Chansung cursed under his breath. Now Taec knows. Now everyone will know.

And ... They might ... Might ... Leave him. Abandon him. Because, there was no denying ... He was not normal anymore. Maybe not even human ... He shuddered and stood, walking out of the room.