Born, the Animos

Like you said before

[A/N:]"animos" means minds in Latin. Sorry ... I couldn't think of a name. If you suddenly have any ideas, feel free to PM or mcomment below! *sheepish grin*

Wooyoung thought that he was done for.

I mean, who wouldn't?

All he remembered was stepping through the portal with his other members, and the swirling vortex of flashing colours closing in on him and then he felt the others just vanish from his sight and touch, leaving him alone in this ... place.

Was it a place?

It felt as if he were drifting around in empty space, nothing to see, and it was like his senses weren't working. Ever time he tried to open and close his eyes, he still saw nothing. Sometimes he couldn't even tell whether his eyes were open or not - open = black nothingness. Closed = black nothingness. It wasn't like looking at something black. It was nothing - quite literally, he was looking at nothing. 

There was no smeel or scent of anything. The air was ... was there even air? He tried to feel for any breeze, tried to make some by waving his hands through the air, but still, nothing. And yet he was still breathing.

How?

Was he dead?

Wooyoung shuddered and pushed away the thought. He'd rather not think that.

Now. He attempted to turn around, but he couldn't tell whether it worked or not because everything was still the same black nothingness. He needs to find a way out of this place or be stuck here forever.

Wait - what was that?

Wooyoung froze (had he even been moving?) and listened intently. He could have sworn for a minute that there was a voice ... saying something ...

"...way ..."

Yes! There! Wooyoung breathed out slowly and listened again, his ears straining to pick up the faint words, repeating over and over. 

"No way out ... no way out ... no way out ..."

Now way out?

"What do you mean, 'no way out?'" he said, and startled at hearing his own voice, echoing clearly in the vast space.

"Sense."

"What?" Wooyoung stared around him. The space was still dark, but he could almost ... sense something solidifying. Above him. "What?" he asked again.

"No way out of your own mind."

"My own ..." Wooyoung yelped. Was he trapped inside his own brain?

"Not brain. Mind. Consiousness." Was it just him or was the voice getting louder, clearer?

"O ... kay ..." Wooyoung blinked. He looked around. Well, no wonder he couldn't see anything. According to this voice he was stuck inside his own mind.

Great.

Now how was he going to get out?

"Sense."

Again said the voice, and Wooyoung felt his patience wearing out. "How ... how can I get out of this place?" he asked again.

"Memories."

Memories? Wooyoung racked his head (or whatever, since he was inside his own mind apparently) for memories that should have come instantly - what he did yesterday, what things he did, what happened before he left to this place ...

Nothing.

What?

Nothing.

Wooyoung felt something growing inside his chest as he started to feel confusion washing over his brain. The panic in his chest swelled.

"Why cant I remeber anything?"

This time, the voice stayed silent.

" ... what ... ..." Wooyoung breathed out, feeling pure fear taking over his brain. What? What was happening?

He racked his brains once more, and he knew that things should be there but there was just ... nothing.

If he tried not to remember, he could feel it, that prescense of memories and things that happened just out of reach, and every time he reached out to grasp it, it slipped away again. 

Leaving him in panic.

"What the .." Wooyoung stared up at where he guessed the owner of the voice was. "How do I ..."

Wait. Did he have to regain his memories to escape? Was this all a test?

"Yes." The answer was so faint he almost missed it. He sighed. At least he knew what he was doing now ... sort of.

And if he ... failed?

Was he going to be stuck here forever? Until he died? Or was it impossible for him to die here and he would just end up floating in this empty space, for another etenity -

Stop, he scolded himself. Focus.

Yes, it had said. Yes. So it was a test.

A test? Wooyoung frowned - or at least, he thought he frowned. There really was no way of telling - no feel, no touch, no sound, no smell - nothing.

Wooyoung breathed out steadily, trying to calm his flaring nerves of panic that were threatening to creep around his body.

Think, his mind told him. Think of something else.

Instinctively, his mind flew back to the memories he had of himself and the other members. 

But now - where were they? Taecyeon, who had just come back, somehow with lost memories, after weeks of disappearance. Fire. He had searched the articles for any news on his apparent combustion - he had managed to draw up a picture, grainly and blurry, as if taken from a moving object, showing a colum of flame, a ring, almost, around a nearly burning tree. And in the middle of it all, a dark, shady figure, the image blurred by the heat waves, no features visible. But he could recognize him, after a few seconds of staring, and yes, it was definitely him. How did he get out, though?

Maybe he absorbed the fire like Junsu-hyung could stop and start storms.

Or maybe he's fire resitant? He walked out and the fire died down on its own?

Taeceyon. Fire. Wooyoung's mind wandered over to Junho. The younger boy had told them a while ago, not so long ago, of ... telekinesis, was it called? He remembered how the objects in the bedroom had started to float in the air, at the same time, a second after Junho had raised his hands. At first, he recalled, it had been a struggle, almost, for Junho to have complete control over his ability. Sometimes it wouldn't work, and he was left to supervise the floating objects which had refused to come down. Or sometimes, more rarely, the objects had flown into a frenzy, crashing around the room, and the younger boy's fear and confusion had only made it worse. From that first incident, they had decided to let him practise in the garden, away from the house. Like all the others, really. 

Junho. Telekinesis. And then the maknae - Chansung. Wooyoung remembered that the youngest member, how he had been affected by it - he was the first to gain his powers, and he could only imagine what it must have been like. Wooyoung still wondered whether they had done anything that had caused them to have the powers - something that had acted like a trigger. Chansung had been the first to gain his power - and he was evidenly one of the most skilled. During the mini-practises that they had had in the garden, Chansung had attempted to create a mirage - and it had worked more than the others had expected. Wooyoung had suddenly found himself on the edge of a volcano, the lava underneath him blood red and bubbling up steadily, the rock ragged and sooty black underneath his feet. The noise was there too - the heat, and roaring - it was, to say the very most, quite frightening. Along with the boy's ability to almost foresee events, have visions - and when he had told him the name that the voice had given him, the Seer - it all fitted together.

Chansung. The Seer. Junsu, and his ability - he wasn't quite sure what every single bit of it was, but he recalled the day where the eldest members had accidently summonded a storm. He still hadn;t gotten it totally under control, he mused - sometimes, when he was stressed, angry, worried, any extreme emotion, there were clouds over his head - literally. Without his noticing, dark storm clouds had rushed it, thickening by the minute, and someone had to constantly be there to remind him because there was very little chance that Junsu would notice on his own, being Junsu. 

Junsu hyung ... the name that the voice had given him. The Temest. 

And then there was Nichkhun hyung.

He still hadn't returned. After his disappearence at the hospital, and now no-one seemed to notice that he ever existed. Wooyoung had tried asking JYP where Nichkhun was, and the man had zoned out for a few seconds, a confused expression on his face, until there was a sudden change, and bang, he was confused - but confused as in "Who is this Nichkun?" confused. Not the "Where is Nichkun?" confused he had been hoping for. And it was as if he had never existed. No-one remembered expect them. And from the hospital, Nichkun had defeated the demon-like creature - with powers that he had never seen before. It seemed as if he had already regained his powers fully - but in such a short time, and when he had passed out and was unconsious for several days - he still wasn't quite sure. It was like Nichkun hyung was different, and none of them knew why.

The noises.

Everything.

The voice in his dreams had told him to start going, to take up his mission, his quest, and he had. The portal had opened. And where was he now? WHat about the others?

He had to get back to the others. No matter what. He had to keep going, he had to make sure they were still okay, he had to find Nichkun hyung again, he had to make sense of everything, he had to complete his mission -

He had to break free.

Wooyoung suddenly felt something change inside him, and his eyes widened. He stared ahead at the sudden pinprick of light, at the ball of white that was growing larger and larger, and he closed his eyes and ducked his head as it swelled, engulfing him, and even behind his eylids, he saw white and then -

Nothing.

Wooyoung stood frozen - stood! He realized. He could feel the hard ground beneath his feet. He gasped slightly, openeding his eyes. Was it all ...

He blinked, then stared out in front of him at the landscape that was unfolded before him. He saw the grass, allmost unaturally emerald green, waving in the breeze, and the lush, dark green treetops to his right, stretching out far beyond his sight, and a large valley, with a sparkling blue - an almost opaque, colbalt blue river, glittering in the light from the two suns hanging in the sky, winding through the plains. Far away, he could see some vague, uneven shapes, towering over everything else, shining with a ... purple hue. A mountain? A cliff?

But it didn't matter now. He spun around and stared around him, growing increasingly concerned as he realized that, at least for miles, he was completely alone.

Where were the others?

Where was he?

Find them, a voice whispered in his mind. You must find them.

Wooyoung listened.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OHMYGOD I AM SO SORRY

I promised I didn;t abandon this fic but I just ran out of ideas completely I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME

I tried to make this as long as possible, I'm sorry if it isn't long enough T_T

So this is the last "finding" chapter!! Yeay!! Now the action starts!! *dancing around* Again, don't worry if I seemed to have disappeared. I PROMISE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER to abandon this fic!! I love it too much!! And I love you guys too much as well!! Are any of you still here??? Please comment on this chapter, tell me how I did!! Is there anything I can improve on??O.O

Comments and subscribes are very much appreciated!! I think it's too much to ask for an upvote ... huhu but please do if you think it's good enough!!

Thanks all!! I love you guys!! <3<3<3

lots of love

mbk xxx