Mirrors and visions

Like you said before

Taecyeon stared around him, trembling, as the figure vanished. He was again on the dark streets, now with the lamps popping back on. He repeated the words over and over in his head, ultimeately giving himself a headache. He stopped, and sat down on the pavement, rubbing his temples. 

He raised his hands, and leapt up in fright.

"What the !?"

A roaring colum of flame burst forth, scorching the pavement. He desperately tugged back mentally, trying as hard as he could to stop the flames. He could hear the bubbleing of the tarmac as it started to melt, the high-pitched whine of the smoke-alarms going off.

He turned and did the only thing that he could do right now - 

He ran, feeling from the flames that still shot from his palms.

For how long, he didn't know. 

Finally, legs cramped and aching, chest heaving, he slowed, and looked dully around him, wondering where he was. 

He was on the bank of a river, under a tall oak tree. 

Tree ...

Taecyeon lurched away as a tongue of flame burst out towards the tree, but it was too late.

The tall tree caught fire, and burst into flame. The fire spread swiftly, forming a ring around him, trapping him. The grass shrivelled up, burnt and blackened, and the earth beneath it cracked, dark and dry. Ash rained down from the branches, settling in his hair. The burning boughs started to crack, and one fell, narrowly missing him. Taecyeon's heart leapt in fright. He backed away, only to feel the searing hotness of the flames on his back, and the all-to-familiar smell of burning cloth. He dropped to the ground, smothering the flames, and stood, helpless, as the flames advanced, creeping slowly towards him, a deadly wall of flickering orange and red.

 

___________________________________ *suspense, mwahahahahaa* _______________________________________________________________________

Junsu sat be Nichkhun's bed, staring at his friend. Nichkhun lay, almost like he was asleep, but the paleness of his face gave it away. 
He was not alright.

He heard a small sigh, and looked up. The maknae, Chansung, was sitting awkwardly by the bedside table, figiting, squirming in his seat.

Junsu frowned.

Chansung was not right lately.

He only just noticed, and he blamed himself. What had happened ...?

"Chansung?"

Chansung jerked up. Junsu frowned. A bit too jumpy? 

"Y-yeah hyung?"

"Are you okay? Did anything happen?"

Chansung hesitated, then shook his head. Unconvincingly. 

Junsu stood up and gently grabbed Chansung's arm,pulling him from the room into the hosital gardens. He turned him round to face him. 

"Look, I know there's something wrong. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to - I'm not going to force you. But just say whether anything is wrong. If there's anything that I can do to help. I want to help you guys." 
Junsu looked at the maknae sincerely.

Chansung gave a small nod of his head. 

JUnsu frowned. "what ..."

"The Six, hyung. That's what."

Then without another word, the young man ran off, leaving his hyung under a tree in the hospital gardens, his head swimming. The ... the Six? 

Six?

Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Junho, Wooyoung, Chansung, himself ...

The Six.

Hmm ... Junsu scratched his head and started to wal back to the dorm.

When he got back, he knew immeadiately that something was wrong.

The members were gathered around the dining table, muttering. There were the four of them, and they were talking ...

... wait, four?

Where was Taecyeon?

"Um ... guys?" Junsu cleared his throat. The others stopped and turned to face him. 

"Where's ... Taec?"

Wooyoung shook his head slowly.

"H-he's been out of contact since he left the hospital, hyung ... and some people are saying that therre was a fire on the bank of the river. And it's gone now, no trace of anything it just vansihed -" he said hurriedly as Junsu turned towards the door "- but they're also saying that Taec ... was in the middle of the fire. And that he'd casued it."

Junho nodded, and held up his phone. The were no messages or calls. Taecyeon never left his calls ...

something was up, thought Junsu grimly as he satred out of the window.

Nichkhun, Chansung, now Taecyeon ...

Who's next?