...

I'm Not Your Cinderella

The first time he held the baby in his arms, Baekhyun couldn’t keep himself from crying. Covered in pink, the little girl was cackling and reaching out to him, her eyes twinkling in joy seeing her new family with her. Chanyeol, who was close beside him let out a chuckle of wonder, leaning down to their daughter to kiss her forehead.

“Hi baby,” Chanyeol whispered, “I’m your dad,” he smiles, “And this beautiful one here is your papa,”

Baekhyun sniffed, rocking the baby who was staring at Chanyeol with wide innocent eyes. “She’s staring at your ears, Yeol.”

“She’s not!” Chanyeol covered his ears with a pout and that made Baekhyun and the baby laugh at the same time.

“You like daddy’s ears, Ella?” Baekhyun asked the girl and the baby cackled, clapping her gloved hands.

“See?!” Baekhyun teased his husband.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol shushed, which caused the said male to laugh again.

 

“Papa! Can I see her? Can I?!” Jesper has gotten taller for a seven years old. He was wearing his cream sweatshirt and shorts, a beanie over his brunette hair while jumping on his feet.

Baekhyun lowered his arms for Jesper to see his sister, giggling when he saw how cute she was. “Daddy what’s her name?”

“Your baby sister’s name is Briella, dear, and you, as her big brother should take care of her always alright?” Chanyeol told him, pulling his son on his lap.

Jesper nodded with enthusiasm. The house gets lonely sometimes so he really wanted a sister. He’ll make sure to take care of her and not let anyone hurt her.

 

 

As they sign the papers for adoption, Baekhyun didn’t expect to see a familiar face. The said one stopped right in front of him, taking her glasses off and sported a supposed to be intimidating smirk.

“If there’s one thing that you can’t give Chanyeol, it’s kids.” Jennie smirks, “Aren’t you ashamed that you’re picking up orphans for him?”

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, playing with the pen he’s holding. Chanyeol pressed a hand against his lower back and faced the other instead.

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol seethes.

“It doesn’t matter,” Jennie tilted her head, her gaze falling on Baekhyun’s once again.

“If you don’t have business with us, then leave, while I’m asking nicely.” Chanyeol covered Baekhyun from Jennie’s sight.

Scoffing, Jennie rolled her eyes, “If you think I’m done with the two of you, you’re wrong. I’ll make sure you’ll regret tossing me away for that .” She sneered, “And I’ll make sure that you won’t have the happy family you think you deserve.”

Before Jennie could walk away, Baekhyun called out her name. She turned around, challenged by the tone Baekhyun used. The latter though, despite Chanyeol’s warning, walked forward and stopped a few feet from Jennie.

“Are you threatening my family?”

“If that’s how you’re taking it,” she smiled.

Baekhyun nodded, “Of course that’s how I take it,” he crossed his arms over his chest. Baekhyun’s eye twitched, so he took the last steps remaining and leaned to her, his lips against her ears, “I’d be careful if I were you.”

“You think you’re indestructible just because you have Chanyeol behind your back? I am not afraid of you.” Jennie whispered back.

Baekhyun chuckled lowly, “Even without Chanyeol’s help I can make your life miserable.” He pulled back, his gaze hard and cold, “With just a click of my fingers. So don’t test my patience.”

With that, Baekhyun turned around to finish their papers. Jennie left the building fuming, and she swore to wipe that smug look out of that ’ face.

 

 

 

It was evening and Baekhyun asked Chanyeol to tuck Jesper while he rock Ella to sleep. When the baby was deep into slumber, he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

“This is Kristian speaking,” he started the call, “Yes, I’d like to give you a project to work on.” Baekhyun stares fondly at his daughter. “I already sent the information in your email. I’d like you to keep an eye on her. I don’t trust that woman.”

“What do you want me to do, Kristian?”

“Ban her every transaction that connects with Clyde’s company, locally and internationally, same goes with his investors. Remove her account from banks associated with HB & Co. I don’t want to see her going in and out of Blue Palace, and I don’t want her near Jesper’s school.”

“Roger that, anything else?”

Baekhyun would never let anyone harm his family, and he’ll use his power to protect them at all cost.

“That’s it for now. Thank you.”

He sighed after ending the call. He’s not one to flaunt the power he was given but that girl asks for it. Baekhyun likes the peaceful life with his family, wealthy or not. Just don’t provoke him and he’ll not bat an eyelash before he could use a little bit of it.