Chapter 28: Power Couple

I'm Not Your Cinderella

Chapter 28

Power Couple

 

There are a lot of things to be thankful for and having Baekhyun in the kitchen, making their breakfast with Mrs. Lee was one of it. Chanyeol woke up without his husband beside him and he was afraid that all of what happened was just a dream. Yet upon coming down, he felt relieved hearing Baekhyun’s laughter.

“He was really persistent,” Baekhyun shared with the older woman. “There was this one time that he drank and slept in my pad. He thought that I would come back but I slept in my best friend’s house. I went home the next day and found him on my bed, reeking of alcohol.” He shook his head.

Chanyeol stood by the archway, leaning his body against it as he listened with a grin.

“When he woke up, I tried to break up with because of what happened, but he stubbornly said no.” Baekhyun chuckled, “He said cheesy things while he knelt before me, and before I knew it, he…” his husband trailed off, “…he begged me not to leave him, and to fight for him.”

Mrs Lee made some comments Chanyeol didn’t even bother to understand. The image before him was what Baekhyun was talking about five years ago. He clearly remembered it like it was yesterday. Thinking about it made him realize that every pain and hardships he had gone through was worth it. It was worth it because it was for Baekhyun.

Given any other circumstances, he would not think twice but do the same thing. He’d kneel and beg if he has to, just to make Baekhyun stay.

He momentarily lost sense of reality until he heard Baekhyun’s laughter once again. “Would you believe that the next day, he proposed to me?”

“My goodness,” Mrs Lee laughed with him. Chanyeol couldn’t hold it anymore so he went closer and wrap his arms around Baekhyun’s slim waist, feeling the latter jolt in surprise.

“And the very next second after he said yes, I booked a flight for us to Spain.”

Baekhyun inwardly growled and jabbed him with his elbow, earning a soft whine, “That hurts—“

“—Don’t sneak up on me like that!” Baekhyun cried out. He almost dropped the wooden spatula on his right hand. Mrs Lee somehow got the atmosphere so she excused herself. When she’s gone, Chanyeol took the time to trace his lips on Baekhyun’s neck, inhaling his baby powder scent. His arms tightened around his waist with a hum.

“I could wake up like this every ing day…” he groaned, “I would never complain.” Baekhyun moved to take the egg on the side, with Chanyeol still latching on his back.

“You don’t have any right to complain,” Baekhyun said smirking.

Chanyeol snorts but he agreed.

They ate breakfast together, Chanyeol insisting Baekhyun should sit on his lap. After a moment of silly argument over such thing, Baekhyun still ended up sitting on his husband’s thighs. Chanyeol made fun of his embarrassed face, but Baekhyun couldn’t escape his grasp.

Not that he wanted to.

He loved it, but he wouldn’t say that out loud.

 

====

 

A couple of days has passed, Baekhyun became busy with the art school he’s planning to build and Chanyeol slowly came back to his busy life as the Chairman of the Blue Palace. Everything seemed peaceful and perfect that Chanyeol should have seen how these days were just the calm before another storm hits.

He was working peacefully in the solitude of his office when his secretary went inside in haste, a worried look pasted on her face.

“Mr. Clyde, I didn’t mean to interrupt but I think you should see the news.”

Chanyeol, puzzled and curious went to his drawer to take the remote. He opened the flat screen t.v. and boy did he already expect what he saw.

All over the news, in every channel, was a picture of him and Baekhyun by the Blue Palace garden. They were reporting about the identity of mysterious Clyde Park to be the previous CEO of Park Publishing, Park Chanyeol. Not only that, but also the fact that he’s seeing someone secretly.

“We’ve been receiving a lot of calls and we can’t do anything but tell that it’s just a rumour. However, there’s this article all over the social networking sites saying that…that the exhibitor last time in the Blue Palace did you favours for his proposal to be accepted.”

Chanyeol listened with a dark face as his secretary summarized what’s been happening while he’s busy. He couldn’t believe that media would go crazy making stories like that just to sell their articles and pictures.

“What should we do, Mr. Clyde?”

Chanyeol was silent for a while, but then his phone rang, Baekhyun’s adorable face greeted him. “Keep doing what you’re doing. I’ll have to talk to someone for now. I’ll call you later for further announcements.”

“Alright sir,” his secretary went out after her last greeting. Chanyeol took the call immediately, hearing a soft music in the background before Baekhyun’s voice followed.

“Aren’t we famous?” Baekhyun chuckled.

Chanyeol’s dark face lightened up instantly, “You’re taking this lightly, princess.”

“Well, I’m pretty hooked up with the story,” Chanyeol heard a slurping sound, which made him wonder, what the hell was his husband doing?

“She could pass up for a fan fiction writer for this,”

“She?” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. “Princess, do you know who started this?”

“I’m not sure but I have a feeling that my hunch is 95% right. Does this news affect your company?”

“Don’t worry about me Baek,” Chanyeol tsked, “I’ll handle this myself okay?”

“Yeol,” Baekhyun’s tone turned serious, Chanyeol listened as he took his coat, getting ready to get out. “You don’t have to protect me from them. I can handle myself. Besides, we know this would happen sooner or later right?”

“Right,” he sighed.

“And I told you that when the time comes, I wouldn’t think twice to tell the world that you’re officially mine, right?”

Chanyeol smiled, bowing his head, “Right…”

 “Although, blood and tears would seriously follow after we come out to public, because my husband is so ing wanted by the world,” Chanyeol heard a clang of utensils together with Baekhyun’s hissing tone, “Not even your family could take me away, if that’s what you’re scared of.”

With a deep breath, Chanyeol realized his husband has a point. Besides, the media came after them, not the other way around. They’re not doing anything illegal, so why should they hide? Why should he hide?

His family? They could swallow the ing truth today. The truth that Chanyeol could do anything for Baekhyun. That Park Chanyeol could stand on his own without their help, and be someone capable without a marriage’s tie just for the benefit of stocks and bills.

Because marriage is not for that reason.

It’s a sacred thing for two people who love each other deeply they could die without their half. It’s not something that should be taken for granted.

And for the heartbreak his family caused him, Clyde stood here today, happy and content with his life.

 

====

 

As expected, the media form a hoard outside the building, waiting for the rumoured Park Chanyeol in the shadow of a man named Clyde Park. The said man was already in his car, on his way out of the company’s premises. Do they really think that Chanyeol would use the entrance when all of them are there? Sure he’s not trying to run away, but he doesn’t want to get caught in chase either.

After all, he had already given out an announcement.

It should be out later.

 

Chanyeol spent a few minutes driving to the only place he knew where Baekhyun would be, slurping a frappe and slamming a fork against the dish. He went in and was greeted by one of the baristas, but the chairman made a beeline to the last seat in the corner.

He found his beautiful lover right beside the glass wall, both of his hands were busy, one on his Mac and one on his pen tab. The frappe beside him was half empty, so was the blueberry cheesecake on the small plate.

“Princess,” he called and Baekhyun looked up from his work, smiling at him once he saw Chanyeol. The latter sat beside him not before kissing him. Baekhyun hummed, kissing back, “How did you know I was here?”

Chanyeol smirked, putting one arm around Baekhyun’s waist. He had this habit of showing how his princess only belonged to him in public by making sure he had a limb around him. “I can tell by the slurp and chewing you made earlier in the phone.”

“Ah,” Baekhyun chuckled, “I momentarily thought that you have a spy here somewhere,”

Chanyeol shrugged, “Who knows,”

“Yah,” Baekhyun warned but Chanyeol just laughed at him. He pulled him closer, watching how Baekhyun worked on his laptop even when a clingy, oversized baby like him is attached on his hips.

“I’m going to hold a press conference an hour from now.” He whispered.

Baekhyun paused, turning his head on him with a frown. “Already?”

“Mmh, I just can’t stand there, while the news of you being a temptress goes around. I swear I’m going to look for the person who started this.” There was a hint of growl in Chanyeol’s voice.

“You know that wasn’t true,” Baekhyun said, putting his stylus down.

“But still,” Chanyeol scowled, “I have to tell the people that you’re not like that. I don’t give a for the Blue Palace’s standing. You’re the one that matters more.”

 Baekhyun was saved by the ringtone of his phone because, he didn’t really know what to say to him. Chanyeol would always be the one who could make him speechless, regardless of what time it is.

“Who was it?” Chanyeol asked after. Baekhyun shut the screen and packed his things, “It was Sehun, we have a collaboration to discuss.” He turned to face Chanyeol, “I can cancel it for today so I can come with you—“

Chanyeol shook his head, “You go ahead, it’s okay.”

“Yeol—“ Baekhyun was silenced with a kiss.

“It’s going to be alright.”

 

====

 

“Hyung!” Sehun invited him, feeling a little jumpy from the excitement of working with Baekhyun again. Said man laughed before taking off his shoes.

“Baekhyun-ah!” Luhan squealed, probably from the kitchen. “Welcome! I’m preparing snacks so make yourself at home!”

“Make some fries!” he called.

“Already done!”

 

Baekhyun and Sehun were planning to make a spin off to the trilogy they once made five years ago. They were in the living room, exchanging ideas and what not’s when the door opened again, revealing Luhan’s cousin who, to Baekhyun’s opinion, was not really happy seeing him here.

At first, Baekhyun saw her scowl, but a second later, she raised her brow and smirked at him. Oh he was really right about theory. This goddamned …

“What are you doing here? Hiding from public?” Xiao Rin scoffed.

Baekhyun feigned innocence, blinking at her. “Why would I be?”

“Oh I don’t know, I just saw your picture in SNS,” she tilted her head, occupying herself with her phone for a moment before showing his and Chanyeol’s picture in the Blue Palace Garden. She smirked. “I guess karma exists after all.”

 Karma? Ugh, if she wasn’t Luhan’s cousin he had already slapped her real good. “Look, Xiao Rin-ssi,” Baekhyun saw Luhan coming out from the kitchen before signalling him to wait for his explanation. “I don’t know why you hate my guts, but you shouldn’t have involved Clyde in this. The person has a company to take care of.”

“What?” Xiao Rin scoffed, “Me? You’re accusing me?”

“Well,” Baekhyun shrugged, “Aren’t you?”

Xiao Rin looked like a boiling kettle. “So what if I did that?” Baekhyun fought the smile threatening in his lips. How can you catch a fish? Through its mouth. “What if I’m the one who revealed how ty you are that you’re doing it to climb up from your status? Huh? You’re nothing but a sly painter and nothing else—“

“Xiao Rin!” Luhan put slammed the food against the table, shutting her up for a moment. “How could you ing say that?!”

“How can I? Because that’s the truth! And you know what? Clyde Park will make his statement any minute by now.”

 

Xiao Rin took the remote and the television. True to what she said, the fact that Clyde Park talking for the first time in public was all over the news. They all stood there, watching as the press conference started when a man in his expensive suit walked in followed by his personal body guards, cameras started flashing and rolling, all reporters were squirming on their seats.

“Is that—“ Sehun squinted his eyes before turning to Baekhyun with wide eyes, “Is that Chanyeol hyung?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer, his eyes was fixed on the screen.

 

Chanyeol was bombarded with questions. First of all was why he left Park Publishing and how did he started Blue Palace. And of course, the latest “scandal” didn’t manage to get away.

“Recently, a photo of you and an unknown man was taken in the Blue Palace Garden,” a reporter announced showing the said image through the prepared wide screen of the conference room. “It was rumoured to be the artist, ‘Ella’ who recently held an exhibit in the mall. Is it true that you’re having an affair with him, Mr. Park?”

Xiao Rin smirked at Baekhyun who simply rolled her eyes at her.

“An affair?” Chanyeol scoffed, “First, it was written that he seduced me, then now, we’re having an affair,” he shook his head, mumbling.

Chanyeol took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. They want answers? He’ll give them answers.

“It is true that the person in the picture was me, and Ella.” The audiences gasped, murmuring to themselves. “But he’s not just anybody.”

Baekhyun braced himself for he knew how ruthless Chanyeol could be once provoked.

“Ella, who goes by the name of Byun Baekhyun here, came from a noble family in England. The only heir of the House Heinsworth who owns HB & Co Banking and Finance. Google it, and you’ll find how big it is.”

Earlier, he told his secretary to prepare a short slideshow. Now that he’s going to reveal the legality of his and Baekhyun’s relationship, he wanted to slap in their faces that nothing and no one could even make a dent in the foundation they have built.

“Kristian Heinsworth,” Chanyeol announced, the widescreen revealing a formal photo of Baekhyun, “Or Ella, as the media says, and I are married for five long years…” he revealed the original copy of their marriage certificate from Spain. The document was followed by pictures of their wedding. Baekhyun was wearing a white tux as Chanyeol was wearing a light grey set. It was followed by series of images that proves that they’ve been to Spain.

Their faces couldn’t hide the shock from the revelation. But it wasn’t Chanyeol’s intention. What he wanted was the false news about Baekhyun to die down.

“We’ve been separated, unfortunately, due to inevitable circumstances. Our relationship was hidden from everyone because I want him to be protected by your prying eyes.” Chanyeol stood up from his seat. “This is the last thing I’m going to say for today about this issue.” He took a deep breath, “Make sure to take down any false rumors about my husband or I will not blink an eye before taking you and your company to court. And I will make sure that it will not be pretty.”

 

====

 

Xiao Rin looked like she’s been splashed with cold water after the conference ended. The living room was dead silent except for her ragged breathing. Luhan was the one who broke the stillness by dragging her cousin upstairs. Baekhyun saw how red Luhan was and how tight his grip was on the girl’s wrist.

“Don’t worry, he’s all bark, hyung. He won’t hurt Xiao Rin.”

Baekhyun smiled at Sehun, “Although she’s one hell of a , I’ll make sure to talk to Chanyeol about letting this go.”

“She’s just a kid,” Sehun shook his head, “Maybe she was pressured by her parents so much. Xiao Rin has been competitive since college years, wanting to make her parents proud.”

Baekhyun hummed, “I see, well.” He cleared his throat, “One day, I’ll invite you guys in the house. I’m sure Chanyeol would be happy to see you and Kai once again.”

“That would be great!” Sehun exclaimed. “Now, where were we?”

 

====

 

“What were you ing thinking?!” Luhan snapped as he slammed the door of his room shut. Xiao Rin flinched as she sat on the bed, her knees buckling in shame.

“Are you ing nuts?! You freaking uploaded a picture and created a scandal of two people whose background still unknown to you?” Luhan trembled in rage.

“Xiao Rin, if Baekhyun wants, he could file a lawsuit against you for slander! His family is so powerful that he could pull strings just to get you in jail. Money isn’t an issue for him. And Clyde Park? Girl aren’t you afraid for your future?”

“I—“ Xiao Rin couldn’t find the words to say. “I…I’m sorry…I was just… I wanted to feature Blue Palace in Seoullite. I-It’s my first time to handle such a big story and I wanted mama to notice me…” she started crying. “But B-Baekhyun h-he…”

“He’s Clyde Park’s husband and he has every right to be prioritized!”

Before Luhan could say anything else, there was a knock on the door and Baekhyun’s head peeked inside.

“Can I enter?”

Xiao Rin looked away, brushing her face with the back of her hand. Luhan nodded as his best friend closed the door and leaned against it. Baekhyun sighed upon seeing Xiao Rin’s pitiful state. “I will talk to Chanyeol about it so don’t worry, her identity will not be revealed.”

Luhan took a sigh of relief, “Thanks Baek.”

Said man smiled, “Don’t be too hard on her,” when he met her glassy orbs, Baekhyun went closer and crouched before her. “Just remember one thing, Xiao Rin. You don’t live to please everybody, not even your parents. I know you want to make them proud of you, but first you have to be proud of yourself for what you’ve done. Were you proud of what just happened?”

Xiao Rin shook her head.

“See? I tell you, if you succeed by doing everything with your own sweat and blood, not only your parents would be proud of you, even strangers who will hear your story would be. And that what makes it worth it.”

Baekhyun smiled, ruffling the lady’s hair before standing up. “I will go back home before Chanyeol. I promised him a dinner.” Baekhyun chuckled.

Luhan smiled, “Thank you Baek…for being understanding.”

Baekhyun waved it off, “Oh shush, you talk like an outsider.”

 

=====

 

Chanyeol came home, tired and restless. He dropped on the sofa set, head propped against the arm rest. It had been a long day, he’s dead tired and all he wanted was to sleep under the sheet with Baekhyun in his arms. The thought of his husband brought his blood back to life as he sat up.

Just in time, Baekhyun came in with a tray of food.

“Hey,” he greeted, putting it on the table in front of them. Chanyeol pulled him right after, settling Baekhyun on his lap with his back against Chanyeol.

“Baek…” Chanyeol whined, “I really hate media,” he complained like a kid, nuzzling his face on Baekhyun’s neck. The said man laughed, and it was all he needed for his stress to go away.

“You’re the one who called for press-con, mister.” Baekhyun put his arms around Chanyeol’s, leaning his back against his chest. “But enough of that, you have to eat, and then take a shower and we’ll go to sleep.”

“No baby making?” Chanyeol pouted. Baekhyun pinched his arm, “Ow, I’m kidding!”

“No there’s no baby making, but we’re going somewhere tomorrow.” Baekhyun turned his head and faced Chanyeol. “You’ll come with me to the lot I bought and I want you to design an art school building for me.”

Chanyeol cracked a grin, “I won’t say no to that.” He leaned in and stole his husband’s lips.

“But I really want to eat you first,” Baekhyun shuddered when Chanyeol bit his ear.

“Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun squealed before he was buried in the soft cushion, with Chanyeol all over him.

 

 

 

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUN BAEK!!

A.N.

It's May 6 and it's been a month since I updated INYC. > < I'm sorry for the delay but hey, I updated in BBH birthday! wooh!

I hope this chapter is not awful ahhahaha. i really hope so :D I'll be looking forward to your feedbacks! Let's appreciate how Baekhyun's smile and laugh could just make our day bright.

coz in my opinion, he's such a role model. and I don't just admire him for his talent, but also for his good personality. 

he thinks maturely when the situation needs it, although most of the time and most people don't notice it. He's very bubbly and he's very loving. I like how he always manage to make people laugh. 

 

 

More power to BBH!

 

He's my FlashLight!

 

P.S. PICS AND VIDS ARE NOT MINE