Chapter 14: Dangerously Falling

I'm Not Your Cinderella

Chapter 14:

Dangerously Falling

 

 

Baekhyun kept telling himself that he’s not looking for a 185 cm worth of idiotic, erted human being for the past three days. No, he’s not. He’s perfectly fine doing his job in his office, since Sehun is now adding some new characters to his second book. After all, why would he even look for that man when he’s the cause of all the back pains and limping that he’s trying not to show everyone. Damn, even one day after that night, Baekhyun still felt battered. Whenever he’s trying to walk, his hips will shoot fireworks of pain in his whole lower back, and his —he couldn’t even talk about it.

And whenever he strips himself , Baekhyun would always be reminded of the night that they shared, of the kisses and the touches. Why wouldn’t he? Baekhyun felt like he was a canvass painted with different hues of red and purple, all from Chanyeol’s playful and sinful mouth. He swore this won’t happen again.

Never.

 

“Baekhyun, Baekhyun!”

The said man turned to meet the approaching man and greeted him with a smile, “Jongdae! It’s been a while,” he chuckled and the man stood beside him, holding some folder. “Yes, it is, ahh, you’ve been busy and we didn’t have time as well. Next time let’s go out with the others and have some fun!”

“That’s cool, I will try,” Baekhyun chuckles, both of them started waiting for the elevator to open. As they waited for the lift to arrive at the lobby, Baekhyun finally had the courage to ask the question that has been lingering on the tip of his tongue for quite some time now. He looked at Jongdae who was busy reviewing the papers he had in hand.

“Say, Jongdae, I haven’t seen Mr. Park for a while,” he asked nonchalantly. Just a curious employee, he reminded himself that he’s just that. Jongdae didn’t seem to notice and they have arrived and left the elevator when he answered.

“Oh, Mr. Park went to Beijing for some appointment, but then I think he also went straight to this program which requested an interview from him. Ah—“ Jongdae pointed at the wide screen in the lobby of the company, “It’s on air now!”

Baekhyun turned his head on the screen seeing the man he had shared one night a few days ago. He saw him talking to the emcee, answering the questions thrown at him about business and everything, how successful he became over the past years of being the CEO and everything that doesn’t concern him. What Baekhyun was paying attention to right now was Chanyeol’s perfect image before the eyes of many. How magnificent he was in a slicked, push back style of his hair, how powerful he looked like in his black suit and leather shoes, and how sophisticated yet masculine he was while sitting cross legged on the couch.

The people in the lobby has started watching their CEO, some of them were squealing on how good looking Chanyeol was, and how they were lucky to be a part of this company. Some were also talking about wanting a night with him, to which he rolled his eyes. Somehow he didn’t like the idea of Chanyeol bedding a woman, although he would never admit that the thought cross his head.

 

 

_____

 

 

“So, Mr. Park, we know that you’ve become famous not only for being one of the youngest businessmen in the industry but also you used to be a model in your teenage days, isn’t that right?”

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded at the emcee, “Yes, that’s right. I used to be a model for some local brands in Korea, but of course, growing up is a part of life, and responsibility comes with it. I figured that if wouldn’t support our family’s company then who would?”

The emcee showered him with praises but Chanyeol was so used to that anymore. However he maintained his smile, waiting for the next question. Honestly he was caught off guard, but he figured that it was a good chance for him to prove to his princess that he was serious as and nothing would be able to change his mind about him.

“Mr. Park, many are curious but no one could testify the truth but you. We are all curious if someone has able to catch your eyes? I mean, you are twenty-five and still single, women all around the world are dying to get your attention, Mr. Park.” She chuckled. Chanyeol wore that infamous smirk of his and straightened up, taking a deep breath.

“Well, I may answer that exclusively today,” he started, getting several teasing from the production team filming.

“The answer to that is yes. Someone managed to catch my eyes… and my heart…”

 

____

 

The people in the lobby in the company squealed, irritating Baekhyun to no end. He just stood there at the back, since he could still see the screen. With arms crossed, Baekhyun scowled and watch as Chanyeol’s face was zoomed in the screen.

“Oh, really? Can you share some details, Mr. Park as a treat to our viewers around the world?”

Baekhyun’s eyes met Chanyeol’s, even when he knew the latter was looking at the camera, somehow, it felt like he was looking at him“I’ll hide that person under the name of Cinderella. It is true, that many are wishing to get my attention but Cinderella is different, my princess didn’t fall for my charm which made me frustrated… but then it challenged me to win that person for I am not the man who gives up easily. Cinderella, if you’re watching right now, and I am sure you do, and you know who you are, remember that I will not stop pursuing you, I will make you fall for me.”

 

___

 

 

Baekhyun checked everything in his pad—the outlets, the lights, the appliances, and even the faucets before locking it. He adjusted his backpack on his shoulders before taking a beeline to the lift. It was Saturday morning, one of the two days which he doesn’t have to go to work and he decided to go somewhere today, maybe to the mall or maybe watch some movies. Honestly, ever since he decided to be an illustrator under Chanyeol’s company, life has been so much better for him. Now he could buy things that he want, support himself and also give some financial assistance to the Lu family even when they said they don’t need it.

Pushing the button, Baekhyun waited for the elevator to stop on his floor, seeing that it comes from the penthouse. He looked at his watch, smiling when he realized that the mall nearby was now open. It’s been a while since he went out like this for leisure purposes so Baekhyun was quite excited, jumping slightly on his feet.

The soft ding caught him in time and the door split open, revealing the light brown design of the lift and the mirror surrounding it. Baekhyun could have sworn his smile all day if it wasn’t for the appearance of a giant headache in casual dark jeans, black belt and sky blue plaid shirt.

A scowl instantly painted the brunette’s face, keeping himself nailed on the spot.

“Aren’t you hopping in, princess?” Chanyeol’s smirk widened upon seeing the irritated face of the younger. Baekhyun huffed and thanked that the elevator is now closing, “No thanks, I’ll just take the stairs.”

But before the elevator closed completely, Chanyeol’s hand slid in between, forcing it to open again. Chanyeol moved faster than a blink of an eye and quickly snatched Baekhyun’s wrist and pulled him inside, pushing the close button and waited the lift to close before letting go of the man. Baekhyun, infuriated, faced the elder and attempted to hit him when again, his wrist was caught by Chanyeol’s large and warm hands.

“Careful, I didn’t dress up for you to ruin my looks today.” He chuckled. “Especially when I just wanted to look good for our date.”

“Date,” Baekhyun scoffed, snatching back his arm but Chanyeol refused to let go. “Who said we have a date?”

“I did,” Chanyeol winked, “I was planning to drag you out in your pajamas, but surprisingly you’re ready so, more time for us.”

“Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun sounded reprimanding, not that it has any effect on the man who screamed perfection and at the same time, the epitome of hard-headedness and arrogance. Chanyeol took a deep breath before sliding his hand off Baekhyun’s wrists and interlacing his fingers in between his. Baekhyun watched the gesture with rose tinting his cheeks and ears, “What do you think you’re doing—“

Chanyeol pulled the man closer in one forceful tug, causing Baekhyun to press against the elder’s chest. The CEO leaned his head so close that Baekhyun had to shut his eyes. Chanyeol fought the laugh bubbling in his chest. No, he wasn’t going to laugh because he’s making fun of him, but he found Baekhyun adorable and at the same time, he was aware of the younger’s rosy cheeks and ears. It felt kinda good to see how much he affects the younger, and he was certain that even if Baekhyun kept on denying that he feels the same way towards Chanyeol, even if he kept on pushing him away, Baekhyun would never be able to hide the fact that his actions speaks opposite of his words.

“What, do you want me to kiss you?” Chanyeol asked softly, his breath fanning on Baekhyun’s face. The latter smelled eucalyptus, and he instantly wondered how would it taste from Chanyeol’s mouth—wait, what? Baekhyun snapped his eyes open, seeing how they were so close together. With a hard push, Baekhyun’s palm flattened on the man’s chest, just in time they arrived at the

…roof deck?

 

Confused, Baekhyun didn’t realize how his mouth hang open, looking at his surroundings. Why are they at the deck? He was sure that they were going down to the lobby—

“Princess, close your mouth before I shove my tongue in there,” Chanyeol whispered to his ear from behind, causing the hairs on his nape to stand. Scarlet faced, Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s shoulder once he passed him, barely noticing that his other hand was still laced together with the CEO’s.

“You ert—you—where are you taking me?! Yah! Chanyeol!” Baekhyun ranted as the elder dragged him to the last staircase to the rooftop.

Once their feet stepped on the cemented floor, the morning breeze brushed against Baekhyun’s face and the early rising sun shone bright behind the buildings that towered Seoul. It was pretty, so pretty and peaceful and Baekhyun stay there the whole day if it wasn’t for the fact that he was seeing a helicopter waiting on the upper part of the deck.

“W-Why is there a chopper here?” Baekhyun asked but Chanyeol just gave him a winning smirk, squeezing his hand tighter and took him closer to one of the pilots waiting for them. He helped him put on the necessary equipment before riding the helicopter with him, still wearing the cheeky smile he had since he met him in the lift fifteen minutes ago. They were already taking off the ground when Baekhyun realized that he’s being taken somewhere.

“Ch-Chanyeol where are you taking me?” he asked when they were stable in the mid-air, the pilot saying something over their microphones.

“My friend invited me on a weekend vacation in Jeju, so we’ll spend two days and one night in his villa, princess.”

Baekhyun’s eyes swelled in shock, “Jeju?!”

 

 

_____

 

 

 True to what Chanyeol said, they arrived at Jeju Island in no time. Baekhyun admired the scenery from up there while they were inside the chopper, giving Chanyeol time to watch and adore the ball of fluff and cuteness his employee had become. He watched how Baekhyun’s eyes creates the shape of the moon whenever he smiles, and he listened to his ‘woaahh’s’ and ‘wow’s’ whenever they pass a body of water or a mountain with a breath taking view in eagle’s eye.

The chopper landed in one of the runways of the Jeju International Airport. Chanyeol wasted no time and led the way to where their chauffer was waiting. Needless to say that the whole time, Chanyeol has held Baekhyun’s hand.

“Mr. Kim is waiting in his villa, Mr. Park. I will be your chauffeur for the day,” greeted the man with a smile as he opened the door of the black BMW for them. Chanyeol guided Baekhyun inside and followed. They drove out of the airport on their way to the villa when Baekhyun tugged his hands from Chanyeol’s hold.

Chanyeol, feeling this, turned to the younger with an inquiring look, but Baekhyun  dismissed ‘innocent’ pout on his face and scowled. “You’ve been holding my hand since we left Seoul, let go.”

“I don’t want to. You might get lost,” Chanyeol shrugged, squeezing Baekhyun’s hands. He put it closer to his face, examining how slender and beautiful it was that it could rival a woman’s hand. He traced the shape of his fingers, liking how they fit perfectly in his to hold. “You have a mole on your left thumb.”

Baekhyun hastily snatched back his hand, startling the elder. Crossing his arms over his chest, he faced Chanyeol, raising a brow. They fought with gazes at first, and with Baekhyun’s sharp, inquisitive glare, the giant heaved a sigh and leaned back on his seat, ready to listen.

“Why did you drag me here, Chanyeol? With no permission? Heck you even planned to kidnap me in my pajamas—and don’t tell me that’s not true, you told me that earlier in the elevator!” Baekhyun didn’t let the other to squeeze in his rant when he tried to. “You could’ve asked nicely,” he continued with a soft sigh. Apparently, more than his work, Chanyeol managed to give him more headaches than his deadlines. How did he even last for months under this man?

“You wouldn’t agree if I tried to ask for permission, Baekhyun, admit that.” Chanyeol smirked, stretching his one arm over the backrest of the backseat. His hand passed by Baekhyun’s head, giving him the opportunity to play with his hair. Crossing his legs, Chanyeol turned his torso towards Baekhyun to face him properly, “And I don’t want you to miss one of the best vacations you could ever have so I kind of used…persuasion as a tactic.”

“Persuasion my , I didn’t even have a say in this.” Baekhyun swatted Chanyeol’s hand that has been touching his air, shimmying his further from Chanyeol and pressing himself near the window. Chanyeol chuckled, seeing that the action made Baekhyun looked adorable, not that he was any less before that.

“You seemed excited when I told you we’re going to Jeju though, so don’t complain and enjoy Baek. You’ll love your stay.” Chanyeol reassured.

Baekhyun muttered something that didn’t quite reach his ear. Chanyeol asked what was he saying and the younger sputtered something that he didn’t have clothes. Amused, Chanyeol chuckled and reached out, pinching Baekhyun’s cheeks. “Well, Kai’s boyfriend has the same build as you so calm your , you won’t be using your clothes for the whole weekend.

 

 

____

 

They arrived to their destination a few minutes later. If Baekhyun was already shocked and excited knowing that he’d be visiting Jeju Island this weekend, his jaw slacked even more when he saw that the villa Chanyeol was talking about was by the beach. He could smell the salty breeze of the ocean and even feel the waves and ripples of the water in skin just by looking at the blue wonder that surrounded the island. Chanyeol could see this though, and he was so proud of himself seeing that Baekhyun was enjoying this trip.

He slid his hands in Baekhyun’s, gently tugging him to the entrance of the villa. It was a huge house made of glass and concrete, although it was mostly white, there’s a touch of black here and there and green from the indoor and outdoor plants around the place.

Baekhyun took his time admiring the place that he didn’t notice that Chanyeol stopped on his tracks already, causing his face to bump on the man’s back and hit his nose. Chanyeol turned to him with an amused smile, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him.

 

There was a sound of water splashing and that was the only time did Baekhyun notice that they were in the indoor pool of the villa. He watched as the only man who was in the pool swam with free towards their direction. And heck, when he showed his face, Baekhyun almost drooled on how good-looking the man was.

Dark hair sticking to his forehead, water tracing his sun-kissed skin, the man grinned at them with his full lips and pearly whites and supported himself on the edge of the pool.

“Hyung you came!” he greeted in a playful note, a little accent on the edge.

“Of course I came, it’s been a while since the three of us hang out so why would I decline the free pass to Jeju?” Chanyeol joked, tugging Baekhyun closer. “Anyway, as promised, I brought a date. He’s Sehun’s illustrator, I’m sure you heard a lot about him. Kai, this is Byun Baekhyun.”

Kai, the man who was blessed with a face and a body of a demi-god, went out of the pool and grabbed a cream robe, covering his ness (aside from the swimming trunks he was wearing) and offered his hand.

“I’ve been dying to meet the person who finally managed to make this man’s heart beat.” Kai chuckled as Baekhyun accepted the handshake politely. “It’s beating fine, Kai-ssi, don’t worry I’ll be the one to kill him one day.”

Kai chuckled again as they released each other’s hands, “I’m Kai, pardon my pronunciation, I’m half Japanese so…”

“Oh, that explains the accent!” Baekhyun smiled, “It’s okay, your pronunciation is good, don’t worry about it, just a little accent but its fine.” He reassured the man. Kai invited them to the receiving area to where there was a set of sofa set and coffee table. He asked the maid to prepare snacks for the visitors.

“I heard from Chanyeol hyung that you’re staying at Elizabeth, how’s it so far?” He asked sitting on one of the couches. Chanyeol guided Baekhyun to the seat adjacent to Kai’s. “Ah, Baek, he’s practically the owner of the building,” with that information, Baekhyun’s droopy eyes doubled its size, “Really?”

“Well it’s my parents’, but they put it under my name and left me in charge.”

 

They talked about things but Chanyeol and Kai were the ones who chatted a lot because, based on what he overheard, they haven’t seen each other in months. Baekhyun excused himself because he wanted to walk in the beach, to which gladly Kai gave him the permission with only a reminder of which route to take if he ever decides to go back. Baekhyun skipped on his way to the said place, admiring the white sand and the beauty of the scenery.

Baekhyun took off his sneakers and socks, folding his pants up to the middle of his legs. He found himself feeling the cold waves of the sea with his feet, loving the refreshing feeling it brought him. Baekhyun played like a kid there, making sand castles and destroying them and making them again. At the end, he lied there under the sun with a smile on his face.

Baekhyun suddenly remembered the last time he went to a resort. That was when Kevin taught him how to swim in one of the kiddie pools back then. He remembered the wide and bright smiles he and his family shared that day. How his mom kept on asking him to put on sunblock every hour, he remembered how his father kept on reminding Kevin to be careful in teaching him. He remembered those playful times.

With a sigh, he wished that’s all he had to remember and not the bitter goodbyes, the salty tears and the ear deafening cries of denial, the emptiness after his loss.

He was aware that he had led a normal and beautiful life before all of this. He had accepted them all, and for the past years, Baekhyun knew how lonely he had become. He was thankful how the Lu family helped him, and thankful that Luhan stayed by his side. He was thankful and all, but he was still half hollow inside. He was scared to invest, to develop deeper feelings for someone when he knew that there was no permanence in the world. He admitted that losing both of his parents had traumatized him to the point of losing his will at the fragile point of his life.

He sat up, fishing out the phone in his pocket, Baekhyun unlocked the screen and stared at the picture of Chanyeol that he took when he was not looking in one of their dinner escapades. Flashbacks of their times together suddenly reeled back like a movie. Chanyeol’s dangerously breaking his walls, and he was scared that they might collapse one day. He’s barely holding himself together because Chanyeol’s making it hard for him. He was trying hard to distance himself.

“Why do you keep on squeezing yourself in my heart, you idiot,” Baekhyun muttered, tracing Chanyeol’s face on the screen. “I am not ready… and I am not sure of this yet… you might change your mind about me and I don’t want to be left hanging, Chanyeol… Don’t make this hard for me please…”

Baekhyun closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and caught his head with his hands, “I like you, you don’t know how much I do.”

 

 

“Instead of talking to my picture, just say it to my face, princess.”

Baekhyun gasped as he whipped his head back, seeing Chanyeol standing right behind him with both hands on his hips. He too, was barefooted with his jeans folded up to the middle of his legs, a few buttons of his plaid shirt open, his collars peeking from inside. But that’s not the only reason why Baekhyun was so red and ready to escape.

He stood up from sitting on the sand, scurrying away from the CEO when Chanyeol caught his wrists again, for the nth time of that day, and pulled him before Baekhyun could trip himself and fall back on the sand.

Time seemed to slow down as Chanyeol slid his arm around Baekhyun’s slim waist, how he brought the arm he caught around his shoulder and how he tilted his head to fit his lips right on Baekhyun’s slightly opened ones. Once they fitted together Chanyeol didn’t waste time and owned Baekhyun’s lips. He kissed him hard, deep and passionately. Chanyeol fluttered his eyes close, savouring the flavour of Baekhyun’s lips and its softness, its perfection against his. He felt the younger’s hesitation, and how Baekhyun seemed to push him away and how desperate he was to escape Chanyeol’s locked arms.

But soon when Chanyeol continued his ministrations, Baekhyun’s knees buckled and he gave in, finally letting himself be guided in the heated kiss, his arms wrapping around Chanyeol’s neck while the latter’s hands slid down on Baekhyun’s wide hips.

It felt like hours before they parted both with labored breathes. Chanyeol let his forehead fell against Baekhyun’s, eyes nailed on the moistened and swollen pair of the younger. “I will wait, I will wait until you’re ready, I will court you until you say yes, and , I will gladly spend the days chasing after you than not having you at all.”

Baekhyun almost whimpered at the confession and he frowned, “Chanyeol—“

“I like you Baek. And I know you feel the same, so please just stop running away and let me win your heart.”