Chapter 29 Ever After [Final Chapter]

I'm Not Your Cinderella

Chapter 29

Ever After [Final Chapter]

 

There was a soft rustling sound accompanied by the constant buzz of air conditioner inside the room. Warm yet dimmed lights casted on a few furnitures, creating a sleepy atmosphere. On the middle of the room was a king sized bed, stuffed with a thick cushion under the velvet sheets. And two figures occupied the simple but extravagant space.

“Slowly,” a groan disturbed the silence. Baekhyun, who was on top of his lover, exhaled heavily, a trickle of sweat against his temple caused him to shiver because of oversensitivity. Chanyeol’s hands placed on his things, kneading against the soft flesh, didn’t help him either. “Do it slow, Yeol…” Baekhyun whined, his arms about to give up on him.

It’s been hours since Chanyeol brought him to bed after shower, and since then they did nothing but love making. Baekhyun had missed his husband who went to a business trip a couple of days ago. He was planning to make another branch of Blue Castle to another city and it’s taking a lot of meetings and plans before they launch it.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was also preoccupied with the art school he’s building. Only a few touches more and the building’s ready. The permits and other papers were already taken care off so hopefully, they’ll start soon.

 

Chanyeol’s hands caressed his damp cheeks, taking his attention back to his lover. While they both danced with the unheard music of Aphrodite, they took time relieving stress from their mundane world. Tonight was all about them and nothing else.

“Don’t space out on me, princess.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“Like hell I am,” Baekhyun huffed, wrapping his arms around his husband, panting. Sweat maps every curves of his body, and Chanyeol, who seemed to be thirsty of it, followed every path it takes with his mouth.

It wasn’t long before they find their completion. Though they felt like it still wasn’t enough, their body needed to rest.

Baekhyun laid himself on the bed, half of his body on top of Chanyeol, who, on the other hand, had an arm around his waist. He made irregular shapes on Chanyeol’s chiselled chest, eyes heavy from both bliss and fatigue. “What’s your schedule tomorrow?” he asked him. Chanyeol hummed, “I just have one meeting with the stock holders around 9 am and after that, I’m free.”

Baekhyun looked up, propping his chin on his chest, “Let’s have a date in the mall,”

Chuckling, “You want to have a date in Blue Palace?”

“Why? Is there something wrong with that?” he snapped.

“No!” Chanyeol laughed, turning his body so he could envelope his small princess in his much larger frame. “Nothing’s wrong, I just thought your kind of date is composed of fine dining, champagnes, or royal balls.”

Baekhyun made a noise against his chest which he didn’t hear at first, “Come again?” he asked. Chanyeol felt a jab against his gut causing him to groan, “I said you’re at it again you giant-eared giant!” Baekhyun was flushed when Chanyeol caught a glimpse of his husband. Before he could even retort, the smaller hogged up the blanket, leaving him in the cold and on the bed.

“Yah, Park Baekhyun!”

“Go sleep and freeze!”

“What! I didn’t say anything—“

“Shut up!”

Chanyeol laughed, wrapping his arms around the burrito male, snuggling his face on the crook of his cocooned neck. “I love you so much princess.” He muttered out of the blue. Baekhyun didn’t say anything, but he knows he loves him just as much. His princess was just not like most of them after all. He’s a rare gem, and he would treasure him forever.

 

 

=====

 

The next day, instead of waiting in the house as Chanyeol asked him to do, Baekhyun went to his husband’s office to wait for him. He didn’t want Chanyeol to drive back home just to pick him up, geez, he has two legs and he could take a bus, hello? Really, sometimes, Chanyeol forgets that Baekhyun, although originated from a well-known family, lived most of his life as a normal citizen. He didn’t want any of those luxuries, with paint, canvas and brush, he could live. Yes, it’s a necessity to have money, have a house, a car and other material things but you won’t get to take them when you die. They come and go, like clouds in the sky. They break, they burn, they turn from something into nothing.

What Baekhyun seeks the most are the moments. Moments to spend with his husband, his friends and colleagues. He wanted to share the things he knows, create unforgettable memories. So no matter where, he’d like to have a date with him. No matter what time, he’d kiss Chanyeol and make him feel he’s loved. No matter where, he’d go with him, and hold his hand. No matter how hard life gets, his love would never change.

 

Baekhyun is falling asleep from waiting, when he heard the elevator opened. He sat up from lying on the office couch, thinking it was Chanyeol but as soon as he heard a different voice, he quickly sat up and muted the sound of the nearby player.

“I heard music earlier, you’re lying, my son is in here—“

Baekhyun met the last person he thought he’d see that day.

It was Chanyeol’s mother. Still dressed pristinely as ever in lavender cashmere, hair done up, ears, fingers and neck jewelled with silver and gold. It was obvious that she didn’t expect him to be there too. Upon seeing his husband’s secretary behind her, Baekhyun told him that he’ll take over.

Alone in the office, Baekhyun offered her to sit. She did so, surprisingly without any retort which, surprised him. Baekhyun sat on the opposite couch, crossing his legs and leaning against the back rest comfortably.

“Chanyeol will be here any minute. The meeting is almost over,” he said. The woman was still tight lipped after that, and Baekhyun doesn’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. Instead of trying to coax the woman into a tasteless conversation, Baekhyun just went behind Chanyeol’s desk and sat on his seat, played some boring App in his phone before the elevator opened once again.

This time came in his husband.

Chanyeol didn’t look surprised upon seeing his mother. He bet his secretary already briefed him. Instead of greeting her too, he went to Baekhyun and greeted him with a kiss.

“I told you to wait in the house.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “And I told you I can wait here.”

“Ok, so, are you ready? I’m starving anyway, where would you like to eat first?” Baekhyun noticed how Chanyeol was trying to get away as soon as possible. He could also see from the way the woman stood up and how she longingly looked at Chanyeol that they needed to be alone this time.

Baekhyun held his husband’s arms, “I’ll be waiting in the lobby. I think you two needs some time to…catch up.”

“Princess,” Chanyeol warned but Baekhyun shushed him with another kiss. He tipped his toe and hugged Chanyeol before whispering, “She’s your mother Chanyeol. No matter how you hate her, she’s still your mother.” Then, he stepped out of the office, leaving the two behind.

 

 

 In the lobby, just in time he sat, his phone vibrated. Baekhyun immediately took the call upon seeing Luhan’s name. They took time to check on each other once in a while and he didn’t fail to tell his friend what happened and who just came in the office right now.

“Do you think she’ll cause trouble again?”  Luhan asked. To be honest, he doesn’t know. But he’ll not be afraid to face her, because no matter how hard they try, he’s already married to their son.

And that’s what matters.

 

Unknown to him, he left the mother and son in an awkward atmosphere. But Chanyeol, no matter how irritated of being left behind by one of the people he didn’t want to see right now, knew that his husband was right. And Baekhyun just did the right thing—give them the privacy they deserve.

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked, eyes looking through the glass walls of his office—his eyes traveling with the clouds and top of the nearby buildings outside.

“I saw you in the news, Chanyeol…” his mother started. When the latter didn’t say anything back, she continued, “And I am so glad you are well—“ she says with a crack on her voice. “I was so worried when you’re gone—I tried so hard to find you—“

She was interrupted with a scoff. Chanyeol shook his head, a bitter smirk painted on his lips. “I doubt that, mom,” he said. “I don’t matter to you, you only care about your name and the family’s reputation.”

“That’s not true.”

“If it wasn’t then why were you so against of Baekhyun before?” Chanyeol snapped. “Even before you knew that he was Kristian?”

When his mother couldn’t form a word, Chanyeol rest his case, “See? You can’t answer me because I am saying the truth. I heard it from your mouth mom. You embarrassed him in front of many people. And when you knew that he’s a Heinsworth, hell mom, you loathed him for what happened to Yoora.” Chanyeol took long strides to stand in front of his mother.

“I understand that you cared for her, but she brought it upon herself. You must know that only she could make things right.”

His mother bowed down, her lips trembling so was her hands from gripping the handle of his bag. “Don’t tell me that you are worried about me too mom.” Chanyeol continued. “You were worried about the company, about what will happen to our business.”

“Chanyeol—“

“If you really did try to find me, you’d go to your last resort. You’d contact your nephew and ask him if I was there. But since you’re still the jealous daughter of grandfather, you would never swallow your pride to talk to Junmyeon. Why? Because you’re envious that he got everything. Even the inheritance that should have been yours.” Chanyeol took a deep breath, “Grandpa found you selfish and prideful, and even after all those years you never changed.”

“Chanyeol, darling I’m sorry—“

“I’m not the one who needs that mother. You and I both know who deserves your apology. No matter how I hate this side of yours, you know I could never turn my back on you if you need me. You’re still my mother. But mom, I would never be able to fully accept you if you won’t accept Baekhyun as my other half.”

 

That was what brought her to the lobby, where Baekhyun was patiently reading random magazines that was placed under the table. It was only when he felt her presence did he stop to acknowledge her. Before he could even talk, she took his hand, the one with the wedding band on it.

“All I want is a better life for Chanyeol. I am working so hard together with his father because I want him to have a good life. I want to show his grandfather that I can give Chanyeol a comfortable life by myself and my family alone. And because of that, I didn’t notice that I am losing my son.”

Baekhyun could see the sincerity in her eyes and the feel truthfulness in every word she uttered. “If you are his happiness then I am accepting you as my son-in-law…”

The said man squeezed her hand and smiled. “I can’t thank you enough for giving birth to him, Mrs. Park.” Baekhyun says. “Without you, he’d never be the man he was right now. I’d never meet him, fall in love with him, and be with him. If there’s one more person I should thank right now, it was you.” Baekhyun pulled her in a gentle yet warm embrace.

“Thank you for bringing Chanyeol to this world…”

 

 

====

 

 

Baekhyun played with the water, watching his own reflection on its surface. “There are so many wasted coins here.” He says, dipping his fingers in the water. “Such a waste.”

Chanyeol chuckled, eyes fixed lovingly on Baekhyun’s serene face. He was sitting beside him, body turned sideways so he could fully see his husband’s face. “It’s not a waste, princess.”

“Why do you say so?”

Chanyeol hummed, trying to form out an answer. “Well for me, it doesn’t matter if you lose a coin in your pocket for a wish,” he said, gaze falling on the number of coins in the fountain. “What matters is that you believe in your wish, and works hard for it to come true.”

Baekhyun smiled that the sun hid in shame compared to him, “Have you wished in this fountain, Yeol?”

Chanyeol chuckled, “I believe most of the coins there were mine.”

“Really?!” Baekhyun laughed, “What were you wishing for?”

Chanyeol, instead of answering, took Baekhyun’s hands and intertwined their fingers. “I wished for only one thing every single time I throw a coin.”

Baekhyun squeezed his hand, “And what is that?”

“I want to find Cinderella…” Chanyeol looked into his husband’s eyes. “My princess left me unwillingly but I know that he didn’t want to. I was so lost without him and the only thing that he left me with was the symbol of our love.”

Taking the hand to his lips, kissing the finger wearing the band, Chanyeol left a lingering heat on Baekhyun’s skin. “And? Did you find him?”

“Yes, I did…” Chanyeol smiled. “And I feel like I am the happiest man in earth.”

Baekhyun chuckled, “Well I guess Cinderella got her happy ending after all.”

Chanyeol hummed. “I think not,” he smirked leaning close to Baekhyun’s face causing the smaller to flush.

“I think this is just the beginning of his happy ever after…”

And the fairy tale was sealed with a kiss.

 

-END-

 

 

Author's note:

There's really nothing much to put because let's face it guys, the story has ended. hahahaah. And I think there will be no more epilgue. Though the bonus chapter of their marriage will be up [i don't know when] will serve as our epilogue. That chapter will be more like a flashback or so, we will see. Again, I am sorry for the wait. I'm sorry for the short chapter. If ended the story badly I'm sorry! T_T

I hope to see you guys in my future stories. 

To clarify guys!

I WILL NOT ALLOW TRANSALATION FOR I'M NOT YOUR CINDERELLA.

so please understand ;) oki? 

I really am thankful for your support and patience. I hope this ending didn't disappoint.

 

p.s. 

guys. the hot doesn't go well with a fluffy ending like this.

let's just leave it to their honeymoon *winks*

buhbye!!

-Anj<3