Chapter 2 - Hugs On the Subway

My Time With Seventeen

After a long night of eating BBQ and good Korean food, not to mention Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Joshua, and I finished two bottles of soju we stumbled out of the restaurant full of meat.

            “I am so stuffed,” Jun said rubbing his stomach, clinging to Minghao’s arm. “Carry me.”

            “You’re way too heavy,” Minghao laughed. “Carry me instead.” They laughed at each other, walking slowly.

            “All that food made me really really sleepy,” Wonwoo said. “When we get home I am going to go to bed.” A few others nodded their heads in agreement as we crowded into the elevator to head up to the dorm.

            “Oh that’s right!” Jeonghan exclaimed. “Bed situations. The thing is we were expecting another mattress to be delivered for you Skyler. But we haven’t gotten it yet.”

            “So what are you saying?” I asked as we all made our way to the bedrooms. “Where exactly am I going to be sleeping?” Jeonghan smiled at me, pointing to a bed.

            “You’ll have to sleep in my bed with me for the time being,” Jeonghan said smiling. “I hope you will not mind that. It’ll be a little cramped but cozy.” I looked at the bed, shrugging.

            “Works for me,” I answered. I set my suitcase next to the bed. “I think I am going to go take a shower and then get ready for bed. I am feeling a little jet-lagged.” I opened my suitcase taking out my pajamas and hair products.

            “Here I’ll get you a towel,” Joshua said. He ran out of the room as Wonwoo led me to the bathroom. “Here you go Skyler.” He smiled handing me a towel.

            “Thank you,” I said smiling back. I took the towel before heading with Wonwoo to the bathroom. Wonwoo smiled at me before he closed the door to the bathroom and I slipped into the shower washing my hair.

            After taking my shower I put on sleeping shorts and a t-shirt, keeping the door open as Seokmin (DK) headed into the bathroom. I set my towel to dry before flopping down onto the floor next to Jeonghan who was looking at something on a laptop with Woozi and Joshua.

            “The new instrumental sounds really good,” Jeonghan said to Woozi. “I like it a lot. Is it going to be for us?”

            “That is right,” Woozi said nodding his head. “I just need to think of lyrics with you guys and it’ll be a new song for the vocal team. Say Skyler, Jeonghan said you could sing as well.” I nodded my head looking at Jeonghan who was smiling at me. “You should sing something for us.”

            “Ah no I couldn’t do that,” I said shaking my head. “I am not a good singer. Especially compared to you three.” I cupped my cheeks in embarrassment. “You won’t be impressed.”

            “Oh come on,” Jeonghan said nudging me in the side lightly. “I have heard you sing and you have a really really good voice. Just sing something for us. Why not sing that song you really like on our album, Twenty. I remember you told me that was your favorite song.”

            “Fine,” I said finally giving up. “I’m sorry if I butcher your song.” I cleared my throat thinking the song in my head before opening my mouth to sing the song chorus. “I wanna be your morning baby, ijebuteon be alright. Hamkke inneun morning baby, I want you to be my night. Neoui saenggakhaneun modeun ge, naui modeun geot I doel su itdorok. Nal bwajwo and be my lady, you’re my twenties.” I finished singing immediately looking down feeling my cheeks heat up.

            “You are really good,” Joshua said breaking the silence, clapping his hands. “Jeonghan was right you have a really nice voice.” I looked up as Jeonghan and Woozi joined in on the clapping.

            “Let’s try singing it together in harmony,” Woozi said. “Joshua you do the bass, Skyler tenor, Jeonghan alto and me soprano. Ready one two three.” After he counted us off we sang the chorus again in harmony to one another.

            “That sounded so cool,” Mingyu said coming out of the kitchen. “Skyler you have a really nice voice.”

            “You do you do,” Dino said nodding his head. “When you sang it solo it sounded great hyung.” I smiled at the two of them bowing my head slightly.

            “Thanks,” I said. “I usually just sing in my free time so it’s not something I take that seriously like all of you. It is just something to pass the time and stuff.”

            “It was still really good,” Seungkwan said giving me a thumbs up. “You might give me some competition.” I shook my head quickly saying no. “Haha.”

            “Guys we should go to bed,” Seungcheol said. “Most of us have some practice to do early in the morning so we need to rest.” He clapped his hands as everyone got up from the living room to head to their beds.

            “Do you have a schedule for tomorrow?” I asked Jeonghan as he climbed into the bed scooting over to make room for me.

            “Nope,” Jeonghan said. “Mostly it is Hoshi, Minghao, Jun, and Dino that have the schedule for the morning. Joshua, Mingyu, and I have the entire day off so we can hangout with you and make everyone else super jealous.”

            “Haha cool,” I laughed. “We can have fun tomorrow.” I lied down in the bed next to Jeonghan smiling at him. “Well sleep well Jeonghan.”

            “You too Skyler,” he said smiling back at me. “And I am glad you are living with us. You’re my favorite family member. Way better then our bratty cousins in New York.” I hugged him before closing my eyes falling asleep quickly.

           

********

 

The next day I woke up super super late because of time switches, so by the time I finally woke up everyone was out of the dorm off to do what they had to do. Well everyone but Jeonghan, Joshua, and Mingyu. I rubbed my eyes before getting out of Jeonghan’s bed walking slowly out of the bedroom. I flinched backwards when I collided with another person.

            “Whoa sorry,” Mingyu said placing his hands on my shoulders to steady my balance. “You’re finally awake. Come on.” He led me out into the living room where Jeonghan and Joshua were looking at Joshua’s laptop. “Skyler hyung is awake.”

            “Did you sleep well Skyler?” Jeonghan asks moving over to make room for me on the couch. “Everyone else left already clearly.”

            “Okay,” I said nodding my head, instinctively running my fingers through Mingyu’s hair as he rested his back on the couch, sitting in between my legs. “So what is the plan for today?”

            “Anything you want,” Joshua answered smiling at me. “Wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do we can do today.” Jeonghan nodded his head. “So what would you like to do?”

            “Mm I don’t know,” I finally said since all three of them were looking at me for an answer to Joshua’s question. “I guess I wouldn’t mind if we head to the Han River and spend the day around there.”

            “Call,” Jeonghan said. “That sounds like a plan to me.” Joshua and Mingyu nodded their head in agreement. “We can head there after I take a shower.”

            “Go then,” Mingyu said looking up at him. “I want to head out so we can play with Skyler hyung.” Jeonghan shot him a look before getting off the couch.

            “Alright alright,” Jeonghan said. “Since Mingyu is in such a hurry I will go and shower. I leave you three to your own devices.” He flashed us a cheeky peace sign before heading off towards the bathroom.

            “Enjoying yourself?” I asked looking down at Mingyu as I continued to play with his hair. I smiled at him noticing that even without makeup Mingyu was seriously a really handsome guy. I definitely could understand why he was also the visual of Seventeen.

            “Yes I very much am,” Mingyu said nodding his head, flashing me a bright smile. “It feels nice.” He nuzzled his cheek against my leg.

            “I’m still here,” Joshua said coughing a little bit. I turned over to look at him, my cheeks tinting a little bit. “I like people playing with my hair too.” He pouted a little bit. “Really.”

            “Okay okay,” I said laughing. “Lie down.” I patted my leg for Joshua to lay down on it. “Come on.” Joshua smiled a little before lying down on his back, lightly resting his head on my lap. I removed one of my hands from Mingyu’s hair and ran my fingers through Joshua’s hair. “Is everyone happy now?”

            “Yes very,” Joshua mumbled, closing his eyes. His lips turned upwards forming a super sweet smile as I continued to play with Joshua and Mingyu’s hair. I shook my head at the two of them as we sat there in silence.

            “What did I walk into?” Jeonghan asked after returning from the shower. He stood in front of us looking down at me who hand both of my hands in two different people’s hair. “I need to capture this and show everyone.” He quickly took out his phone as the three of us looked up at it. “Kimchi.”

            “Kimchi,” the three of us chorused smiling up at the phone as our picture was taken. Jeonghan put away his phone motioning for us to get up before we headed to the door to head out of the dorm.

            “To the Han River!” Mingyu exclaimed shooting a fist into the air. “And to pushing Jeonghan hyung into the river!” He grinned mischievously at Jeonghan.

            “Don’t do you dare,” Jeonghan said shooting a glare at Mingyu as the four of us began walking to the elevator to get out of the dorm building. “If I get one drop of water on me I will shave off your hair in your sleep.”

            “Protect me Skyler,” Mingyu said trying to hide behind me. I shook my head laughing as Mingyu tried to hide behind me when he was significantly taller then I was.

            “Hiding behind him isn’t going to help Mingyu,” Joshua said laughing as we left the building. “You’re clearly the tallest one out of the four of us here.” He turned to look at me smiling at me. “But Skyler you are the second tallest out of the four of us.”

            “True true,” Jeonghan said as we made our way down the street to head underground to take the subway to a park that was along the Han River. We got on the subway finding some standing space as the train took off.

            “Don’t you guys worry about people recognizing you?” I asked looking around at the subway. Since it was summer there was a lot of people on the subway, but there was probably a lot of people that used the subway everyday, not just in the summer.

            “Not really,” Jeonghan answered. “I mean we’re not that famous yet for people to recognize us on the subway.” He shrugged looking around as well. “One day it we will be that big.”

            “Damn right,” Mingyu said smiling. “One day we won’t be able to get on the subway without people knowing who we are. That’s the goal.” He laughed. “Well not really but still.”

            We continued to ride the subway, since it was going to take a while for us to get to where we were going. I never realized how hard it was to keep balance, standing on the subway as it kept stopping and starting at the different stations.

            “Whoa!” I exclaimed trying to keep my balance as the subway stopped for another time rather abruptly. “!” I felt my leg give out as I began to fell forward. I looked up trying to grab one of the handles but I couldn’t grab it in time.

            “Skyler,” Joshua said widening his eyes. “Oh my goodness.” He reached out, wrapping his arms around me before I could fall down onto the floor. He helped me stand up looking at me with a worried look in his eyes. “Are you okay?”

            “Yeah thanks,” I said regaining my senses smiling lightly. “That was close.”

            “Yeah that was,” Jeonghan said nodding his head. “At least you are okay and didn’t fall.” Mingyu nodded brushing the wrinkles off my shirt.

            “Sorry for cussing,” I said immediately feeling self conscious, since I was one hundred percent sure that everyone in the subway car we were in heard me shout that curse word in English. I closed my eyes burying my face into Joshua’s shoulder not even realizing his arms were still around me.

            “Don’t even worry about it,” Joshua said softly, laughing a little bit. “Hey that tickles a little.” I looked at him before feeling myself blushing again going back to hide my face from everyone.

            “Aww so cute,” Mingyu said laughing a little bit. He patted my back lightly as we continued to ride on the subway. The whole rest of the ride I didn’t leave Joshua’s arms, and his arms stayed securely around me not letting me go.

 

Ooh Joshua and OC action~~~ and some Mingyu too. The chapters will speed up in pace after a few more chapters. And more stuff will happen (hint hint trainee?) Thank you~