Chapter 12 - The Date

My Time With Seventeen

* Bold means speaking in English

 

            “Wakey wakey,” a voice said stirring me from my sleep. No one went to bed early last night due to the ghost story extravaganza. I felt a hand on my cheek gently caressing it sending a pleasant feeling throughout my body. Slowly opening my eyes I saw Joshua looking at me as he laid next to me. “Good morning Skyler.”

            “Morning,” I said my voice laced with sleep still. Joshua’s hand continued to remain on my face. I smiled at him as he smiled back at me. “Tonight right?” Joshua nodded his head as he pushed the covers off of him.

            Tonight after a full day relaxing and playing around at the beach Joshua and I would be going off to do our own thing. No one really knew that we were going to do that except Wonwoo and Jeonghan. Hopefully no one would ask too many questions but I was ready to come up with some quick excuse to dissuade them.

            “I can’t wait,” Joshua said leaning his face forward closer to mine. I turned to my side to face him better as I wrapped my arms around him pulling him closer to me. Joshua laughed lightly under his breath as his legs pushed in between mine as we got tangled up in each other. Our bed was close to the wall where no one would really see us unless they were looking our way.

            I looked at Joshua’s face taking in his extremely good looks. Jeonghan was ranked as one of the best looking along with Mingyu but to me Joshua was the most handsome. There was just something so elegant about Joshua that attracted me so much.

            Joshua’s lips found my cheek as he pecked it lightly before he pulled his face away just in case anyone was stirring from their sleep. Luckily everyone still seemed to be asleep too tired from yesterday.

            “Just be thinking about what you want to eat for dinner,” I said as we fell into a comfortable silence. Times like this were what I always wanted in a relationship. Yeah it was nice to have a person you could talk to for hours but it really meant something if you could bask in the silence without feeling uncomfortable.

            When I had dated Moonbin there wasn’t ever really a time when we were able to dwell in a peaceful world of silence. He was a great guy and my first in a lot of things but Joshua was able to bring that peaceful silence where we could just enjoy each other’s company. It was such a small simple fact but I loved it.

            After everyone woke up we all headed down to the kitchen area to eat a small breakfast before getting ready to go to the beach. I heard everyone’s excited banter about different plans of when we would get there.

            “We’re going to build the biggest sandcastle ever!” Jun announced. “That is my one and only goal for when we go to the beach!” Minghao nodded his head in agreement as we quickly ate our breakfast of eggs, rice, and ham. We wanted to spend as much time at the beach as possible.

            With breakfast finished we scrambled around the house changing into our swimsuits and packing our bags for the things we would want for our beach day. I motioned Wonwoo and Jeonghan over to Joshua and I because I needed their help.

            “How are we going to tell the others we want to spend the evening as just the two of us?” I asked looking at the two of them. “Won’t it seem kind of weird?” Wonwoo and Jeonghan looked at each other as we all tried to think of a plan on what to say.

            “I have an idea,” Jeonghan said raising his hand with a smile. “We’ll just say you two were really tired from spending the day at the beach so you decided to rest while we go out to eat dinner.”

            Leave it to Jeonghan to be quick with coming up with a plan that hopefully wouldn’t cause everyone to ask questions. I nodded my head as it did sound like a pretty good plan.

            “Will you make sure to keep in touch from our phones?” Joshua asked. “So we can tell you when we’re done with our date so no one comes home when we’re not here?” Wonwoo nodded his head assuring us they would wait for our texts.

            “What are you two talking about?” Mingyu asked as he made his way over to the four of us. “Got a secret going on? I want in on it.” He smiled brightly at the four of us as we shut our mouths quickly.

            I felt bad that we couldn’t tell other people but the more people that knew the more it would be difficult to hide the fact that two of the fourteen Seventeen members had feelings for each other.

            “There’s no secret,” Wonwoo said slowly. “We were just discussing what we wanted to do at the beach. We decided to have a swimming contest.” Jeonghan, Joshua, and I quickly nodded our heads going along with Wonwoo’s plan.

            “Cool!” Mingyu said thankfully buying Wonwoo’s fast excuse to divert the truth. “I want in on this. I say winner buys us a round of Cola.” We all nodded our heads again before we finished packing our bags to head to the beach.

            I was so thankful to Wonwoo and Jeonghan for keeping my secret and accepting it. I was glad that the two of them were willing to cover for Joshua and I. They were great friends to have since they had our best interests in mind whether it would turn out good or bad.

            When we got to the beach half of us split right away running into the water. I helped Woozi and Seungcheol set up the umbrella before sitting under it to apply a generous amount of sunscreen on myself. After the sunscreen had set in I walked to the water with Jeonghan submerging completely as Mingyu chose the starting and ending point for the swimming race.

            “I want in on the race too!” Dino exclaimed swimming over to the five of us. Eventually everyone joined in on the swim race with the idea of free soda in their minds. I looked at everyone sizing them up. Mingyu and Wonwoo would probably be the biggest competition in terms of swimming.

            No offense to Woozi and Seungkwan but I knew I could easily beat them. I turned to look at Joshua who was just waiting for this to start. He looked up at me flashing me a small smile as he moved closer to me. His hand found mine under the water as he gave it a light squeeze.

            “Good luck,” I said. “But just so you know I’m going to totally kick your .” Joshua raised an eyebrow as he nudged me in the side before laughing. “It’s true.”

            “Yeah right,” Joshua said shaking his head. “I’m not going to let you win so you can kill that that.” I rolled my eyes playfully nudging him back. “Want to bet on it?”

            “Sure,” I responded. “What’s the bet? Loser buys dessert on our date?” Joshua nodded his head as we shook on it. “I work out so I’m pretty athletic.”

            “Don’t let myself fool you,” Joshua said. “I might not even play fair. You’ll just have to wait and find out when I win the race against you.”

            “You’re on Joshua,” I laughed. “May the best swimmer win.” Our playful banter was over when Mingyu called everyone’s attention to begin the race.

            I let go of Joshua’s hand getting myself into a starting position so I could kick off the sand to swim. Mingyu did a small countdown before we all began to swim to the big rock that was a distance away from us in the water.

            I cleared all my thoughts of the people on either side of me as I continued to swim keeping my goal on the rock ahead of us. Just as I was gaining a good lead against half of my members I felt a hand wrap around my ankle stopping me.

            Spluttering I looked up trying to break free before I felt someone shoot past me in the water. I caught Joshua’s figure swimming ahead of me getting a good lead before I began to swim quickly. Even if I couldn’t catch up to him I wasn’t going to be the one buying fourteen sodas.

            The end of the race I came in sixth due to Joshua’s sneaky trick. As expected Mingyu won the race followed by a surprising second by Minghao, then Wonwoo, Seungcheol, Joshua, and then me. Sadly for Seungkwan he was last so he was going to be buying us fourteen sodas as punishment.

            “Joshua you sneak!” I exclaimed as I got over to him. “That was so shady of you.” Joshua looked at me innocently as I crossed my arms. “Well a deals a deal.”

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Joshua said as he linked his arm around mine. “I just focused on swimming and winning the race at least the race against you.” I rolled my eyes as he smiled brightly at me. Damn his eyesmile that was melting my heart.

            “I hope you like what I like,” I said laughing. “Because I’m choosing the dessert that I’m buying you.” Joshua nodded his head as we joined everyone on the sand as Seungkwan returned with the sodas.

 

********

 

            After spending a long day at the beach I took a shower to wash the sand off of my body before heading to my bed as everyone was getting to ready to head out to go eat dinner.

            “Sleepy?” Jun asked as he looked over at me. I nodded my head as he patted me lightly before he left his bed to go find Minghao. Joshua soon joined me sitting down on our bed. Jeonghan smiled at the two of us before clearing his throat.

         “Joshua and Skyler said that they want to stay in cause they’re so tired,” Jeonghan said looking around at everyone. “So it’ll just be the twelve of us.”

            “Are you sure hyungs?” Vernon asked as he looked over to us. “Do you want us to bring back food for you two?” Seokmin nodded his head as I shook my head.

            “No it’s okay,” I answered. “We’ll just eat the leftovers in the fridge here. You all have a good time out at dinner.” Mingyu looked over at me looking upset about something before he looked away heading to the bathroom.

            Eventually everyone left Joshua and I in our beach house as they went out to eat dinner. Wonwoo texted us telling us what restaurant they were eating at so we wouldn’t bump into them. I smiled at Joshua before the two of us left the beach house heading out to find a restaurant to eat at.

            “Seafood?” I asked looking over at him. He nodded his head as he laced his fingers with mine as we walked freely before entering it getting a table in the back. The restaurant specialized in seafood sashimi and stews it was perfect for our beach outing.

            After we ordered we sat in a comfortable silence just looking at each other as we waited for our feast. Joshua smiled at me as we enjoyed each other’s company.

            “I’m glad we’re doing this,” Joshua said. “I am glad we got the chance to do this.” I smiled back at him as he sipped on his drink. “Seriously I never would’ve thought my life would turn out like this.”

            “I’m just glad I got to meet you,” I said looking down at my drink. Really life didn’t seem like it could be any better. I was in Korea, I was now a member of a popular rookie group, and I was find a relationship with someone I never would’ve thought would have feelings for me. “I’m lucky.”

            “Me too,” Joshua agreed nodding his head. “I’m so lucky to have met you Skyler. You make me feel all sorts of things I never thought I would feel for someone, especially someone like you. Thank you.”

            I found his hand as we held each other’s hands tightly like this would be the last time we could fit our fingers perfectly in between each other’s. The waiter came with our food placing the various dishes on the table leaving us in our own world. For a while we didn’t move just smiling, hands linked together, and gaze never breaking. This was perfect and I was extremely happy.

            “Shall we start eating now?” I laughed. Joshua nodded his head before handing me a pair of chopsticks. I smiled at him before we began to eat the yummy sashimi that melted in my mouth. “This is so delicious!”

            “It is it is!” Joshua exclaimed as he put more fish into his mouth. “It melts in your mouth!” He picked more sashimi up with his chopsticks before putting it in front of my mouth. I shook my head laughing as his eyes disappeared into perfect crescents. “Say ah Skyler.”

            “How cute,” I said smiling. “Ah.” I opened my mouth as Joshua fed me the sashimi. “It’s hard to believe but the food tastes better when you fed it to me.”

            “Very funny,” Joshua said laughing. “And cheesy.” I picked up my chopsticks getting sashimi before feeding Joshua as he happily accepting the food. “Okay you’re right.”

            “Told you,” I laughed looking confident. We continued to eat the sashimi and side dishes occasionally feeding each other. It was sickeningly sweet and precious. It was like a scene out of one of those romantic dramas.

            When dinner was over we walked slowly out of the seafood restaurant in search of a dessert place. Joshua took my hand as we walked down the street before finding a bakery that was still open.

            “Let’s just get it to go,” Joshua said. “I’m too full for dessert right now.” I nodded in agreement as we looked at the different cakes that were still available. “Which one strikes your fancy Skyler?”

            “Oh my goodness,” the worker said looking at the two of us with wide eyes. “I thought you two looked familiar but now I am certain!” I blinked tilting my head in confusion as a huge grin broke across her face. “You’re in Seventeen!”

            “It’s true!” the other worker said heading over to us. “Joshua and the newest member Skyler! In our bakery! This is amazing!” The two of them held each other as they tried to contain their feelings. “This is an honor.”

            “It’s nothing really,” I said laughing as Joshua smiled at them. “We’re just normal people too. Me more so than him, I still haven’t really debuted yet. But soon.”

            “Skyler you’re so talented,” the first worker said smiling. “You have an incredible voice. And so do you Joshua you’re voice is so soothing. Anything you want is on the house!”

            “Aw really?” Joshua asked turning to look at me. I smiled back at him as the workers nodded their head in unison. “Thank you so much for being so nice!” He smiled waiting for me to choose something for the two of us.

            I decided to indulge in Joshua’s insane love for chocolate picking the triple deluxe chocolate cake. The workers wrapped it up for us before we left the restaurant signing a few autographs for the bakery. We made our way back to the house at a easy pace hand in hand. It was a great dinner date.

            “Okay,” Joshua said as we stood outside of the house. He turned to face me as he took my other hand. “I have something to say to you Skyler.” I nodded my head waiting for him to continue talking. “Yes.”

          I would like to consider myself a pretty smart person (wouldn’t we all though) but all I could do was just stand there blinking at Joshua. Yes? What yes? I hadn’t asked a question or anything like that. What was he talking about?

            “Yes?” I asked still trying to figure it out. Joshua opened his mouth to say something but closed it before words could get out. He just shook his head before pulling me close to him before pressing his lips against mine with just enough force to make it a real kiss and not a peck.

            Taken aback by the sudden action I stood there not moving before giving into the kiss, pressing my lips back against his. I felt his arms wrap loosely around my neck. Yes! In the blink of an eye it all clicked in my head. Yes! This was the answer to back on the rooftop. Yes! Joshua was saying through this kiss he wanted to be my boyfriend. Yes! This was freaking happening and I Skyler Yoon was the happiest person in South Korea, no the happiest person in the world right now.

            Yes! Just yes! 

 

 

I hoped you liked this insanely fluffy chapter. I know I did when writing it. I'm sorry it is taking me so long but school is just really making me busy. But I'm going to focus on this story in my free time because I really like writing this. It's a lot of fun for me. Anyways the next chapter I'm going to fast forward probably past the Mansae era so I can make it to Pretty U (I want the time to be a little more sped up) but now just because Joshua and Skyler are now together doesn't mean it will be easy for them all the time. 

And special shoutout to dhidhi0495 who always has nice things to say even though I am a slow updater. And thank you to everyone else thats subbed. 

alsk20