Chapter 10 - Life is Great With The8

My Time With Seventeen

“Skyler hyung,” a voice said waking me up from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes as a huge yawn escaped my face as I sat up in bed. “Good morning.” I looked down from the bunk bed seeing Minghao looking up at me.

            “Minghao,” I said smiling a little bit. “Good morning to you too. What is it?” I crawled to the end of the bed, climbing down the ladder till I was on the ground.

            “Everyone else has left for the day,” Minghao said. “They all have their schedules and we don’t have anything so do you want to spend the day with me? We can go wherever, do whatever, it doesn’t matter.” I looked around the bedroom seeing that everyone was gone.

            “That sounds great,” I said nodding my head. “I just need to shower first then we can stop at somewhere to eat breakfast.” Minghao nodded his head as I left to the bathroom. After showering and changing into clothes for the day we headed out of the dorm to head out for the day. I was excited since I’d never really got to spend any quality time with Minghao.

            “What do you feel like eating for breakfast?” he asked as we walked down the street getting farther away from the dorm. I tapped my chin thinking. Mostly the stuff I had been eating for breakfast was a small portion of rice and vegetables. These diets I had been put on where no joke. But since it was just the two of us it couldn’t hurt to go somewhere yummy where the food was stick in my stomach for hours not minutes.

            “Pancakes or waffles,” I answered smiling. “We need to eat something that will fill us up because we’re going to be doing a lot. I don’t know what yet but we’re going to have fun.” Minghao laughed breaking into a smile as he linked his arm with me leading the way to the closest American styled breakfast place in the area. “I haven’t had anything like this in a while.”

            “Yeah,” Minghao agreed. “Always having to watch what we eat. But today who cares?” We broke out laughing as we ran the rest of the way to the breakfast diner heading inside getting a table for two.

            I took the menu thoroughly looking threw it. Everything on the menu sounded so good to me. There were pancakes, French toast, waffles, bacon, sausage, anything I could’ve wanted for breakfast was on the menu. My mouth was watering just from reading the menu, not to mention the smell of food in here was heavenly.

            “Hyung,” Minghao said looking over at me. “What do you think you’re going to get? I can’t decide.” I shook my head in agreement with him. “Should we just order a lot and share it between us?”

            “That sounds like a good idea,” I answered. “What on the menu did you want to have? I wanted the cinnamon French toast, the hash browns, bacon, and the ham. Everything looks really good.”

            “I want to get the Belgian waffle,” Minghao answered. “And the sausage, hash browns, chocolate chip pancakes, and the egg crab scramble. We’re going to order a lot of food.”

            “It’ll be worth it though right?” I asked. Minghao nodded his head as he called over the waitress and we ordered the food that we wanted. We each ordered apple juice and hot chocolate before she left to place our humongous order. “I’m so hungry.”

            “Me too,” Minghao said. “So after we’re done here what do you want to do? We can literally do whatever we want.” He was right we had the whole day to ourselves and we could do anything. The city of Seoul was ours to do whatever we wanted to do.

            “Let’s go to the mall,” I said finally thinking of something. “I want to look around there. Then maybe we can walk around Myeongdong or Gangnam. What do you think of that?”

            “Sounds fun to me,” Minghao said smiling. “We’ll head over to Gangnam after we eat and go shopping around there. Maybe later we can go to Hongdae?” I nodded my head as the food was brought to us.

            “I didn’t believe my mom when she said two boys ordered such an extreme amount of food,” a different waitress said. “So I had to see for myself.” She placed some of the order down onto the table before heading back to get the remaining half of our food.

            “Thank you,” I said smiling up at her. I looked at all the food on the table my lips. Everything looked amazing, smelled amazing. If I wasn’t already hungry before I was starving now.

            “Hey aren’t you two in a k-pop group?” she asked looking at the both of us. “Oh my goodness! Seventeen right?” She clapped her hands breaking out into a huge grin. “My little sister was watching you guys on TV recently.”

            “Really?” Minghao asked. “Yes we are part of Seventeen.” We bowed our heads to her as she squealed taking out her pad of paper handing it to us.

            “Please sign this for me,” she said giving us her pen. “My sister will be so jealous when I give this to her. You’re Skyler and you’re the8 right?” We nodded our heads as we took turns signing the paper for her before giving it back. “Thank you! I will make sure to give you guys a discount for the food. Thank you for coming to eat at our restaurant.” She bowed her head before leaving to wait on other tables.

            “Wow fans are everywhere,” Minghao said smiling. He handed me a fork as he picked up another. “Well let’s eat Skyler hyung!” I nodded taking a portion of French toast on my fork eating it before Minghao started eating. We quickly became quiet the only sound being heard from our table was the clinking of forks on porcelain.

            “Ah bacon,” I said as I chewed on a piece of bacon smiling. I hadn’t tasted the amazingness of bacon in a long long long time. Stupid diet I wasn’t getting anything as tasty as bacon. “Oh how I’ve missed you.”

            I heard Minghao burst out laughing as he looked at me. He reached in his pocket taking out his phone obviously going to take a picture.

            “Smile for the camera hyung,” Minghao said smiling at me. I held the piece of bacon up by my face smiling cheesily as he snapped my picture. “Definitely sharing this with everyone.” I took his phone finishing the bacon putting it in front of him.

            “Your turn now,” I laughed. Minghao picked up a piece of bacon posing with it as I took his picture. “Perfect.” We both laughed some more as we continued to eat all the food.

            We spent about two hours in the diner eating our breakfast before we paid and left to take the subway to the Gangnam area of Seoul. Getting seats on the subway we rode listening to my phone bobbing our head along to whatever music was played on the shuffle.

            “I’m so full,” Minghao said patting his stomach. “I won’t need to eat lunch for a while since our breakfast was so huge.” I nodded my head in agreement as I looked around the subway car we were in. I leaned back against the seat, letting my head rest against the seat as Minghao rested his head on my shoulder. We had a long ride on the subway before we would have to get off.

            When we finally got to Gangnam we quickly blended in with the huge crowds of people walking around the area as we looked for a store to go into. I didn’t have anything specific I wanted to buy but it was always nice to look around.

            “Let’s go here,” I said tugging on his hand. I began to lead us through the people to a nearby shoe store as we headed inside seeing all the different brands of newly shoes. If there was on piece of clothing I liked the most it was shoes. There was just something about them that didn’t make me feel bad spending a lot of money on them. “Look at these.” I held up a pair of purple and silver high-tops. “I like these.”

            “You should try them on,” Minghao said. “I think you’d look really cool in them hyung.” I nodded my head handing the shoe to a worker as they left to get my size. “I like these.” He held up a pair of black and red Nikes. I gave him a thumbs up as he asked the worker to get his size. Once we had the shoe boxes we sat side by side as we put the shoes on.

            “We both look really cool,” I said as we stood in front of the mirror looking at ourselves with the shoes on. “I think we should get these.” Minghao nodded his head as his eyes darted over to a pair of hot pink high heels. “What are you looking at?” Minghao grinned as he grabbed them handing them to me.

            “Since we’re here you should try them on,” Minghao said. “You’ll look like a model in these hot pink things.” He laughed as he sat down taking the Nikes off putting them back in the box. “Just try them hyung.”

            “Okay okay,” I said laughing. I sat down removing the high-tops before slowly putting on the hot pink stilettos. I carefully stood up feeling six inches taller. “Whoa the air up here is so different.”

            “Strut your stuff hyung!” Minghao laughed as he took out his phone. I slowly began to hobble around him as he recorded me. “Work it!” I managed to get over to more shoes picking a pair of red high heels heading back over to Minghao.

            “You’re turn mister,” I said giving him the shoes. Minghao laughed as he put the shoes on and I recorded him walking around the high heels.

“I don’t know how girls can wear these,” he said as he sat back down next to me crossing his legs like a businesswoman as I did the same. I pointed the camera at the mirror as we posed for the camera before taking the shoes off. Once we paid for our regular shoes we left the store to go to a different store.

            After walking down the street some more we stepped into a clothes store to mess around some more. I pushed him to the makeup section sitting him down in a chair turning to the makeup artist who looked at us with a puzzled expression on her face.

            “My friend here would like to get his face done,” I said smiling. Minghao nodded enthusiastically as the makeup artist shrugged her shoulders before applying cream onto his face before getting different colored eye-shadow to put on his eyes.

            “Am I going to look beautiful?” Minghao asked looking at me as the makeup artist put on rouge giving him a rosy red glow.

            “Yes very so,” I said smiling. “You’re going to look like a princess. We’re going to have to buy you a ball gown. You’re going to be Cinderella or something.” We broke out laughing as she put the finishing touches on Minghao before turning him to face the mirror. “What do you think?”

            “I can hardly recognize myself,” Minghao said looking at his reflection in the mirror. “Is this really me?”

            “It is,” the makeup artist said smiling a little. After I paid for the makeup we left to go find Minghao a dress in the women’s section. I picked out a sleek white glittery gown for him as we walked over to the dressing room for him to put it on.

            “Our princess is ready for the ball,” I said clapping my hands as we looked at Minghao in the dressing room. “You’re going to find your Prince Charming.” I took countless pictures of him in the dress.

            “I think my prince is right here,” Minghao said turning to look at me. “Where is your suit prince?” We left the dressing room not caring if Minghao was still in the dress attracting stares from other shoppers. Getting to the suit section he picked out a white suit giving it to me. As soon as I was changed into it we looked in the mirror. “Perfect.”

            “May I have this dance?” I asked bowing lightly. Minghao nodded curtseying as we began swaying to the music playing over the speakers as we kept laughing. We were on a euphoric high just goofing off not caring about anything. I tilted my head back as the two of broke out into laughter from the sheer silliness of it all.

            We continued to dance before some store worker came over to us telling us to stop messing around. We changed out of our costumes before running out of the store.

 

********

 

            The rest of the day we ran around different parts of the city, taking the subway wherever we wanted to go. Finally at ten at night we made it back home to the dorm feeling exhausted from all the things we’d did.

            “I had a lot of fun,” I said looking at Minghao. “It felt really good to just relax for a whole day doing whatever.”

            “Me too,” Minghao agreed smiling at me. He took out his key unlocking the door for us before we slowly stumbled into the dorm taking our shoes off before sitting down in the living room.

            “You two are finally back,” Jeonghan said looking over at the two of us as we sprawled out on the floor. “Did you two have fun?”

            “We had a freaking blast,” I answered laughing. “And if you see any pictures tomorrow of Minghao in a dress you’ll just know that was part of today and us goofing off.” Jeonghan raised an eyebrow as he closed his book shaking his head at the two of us.

            “Hyung you’re back,” Mingyu exclaimed as he came out from the hallway. His hair was damp and he had a towel around his neck with only boxer shorts on. “You were gone the whole day and we didn’t even get to eat dinner with you guys.” He sat down next to me wiping his hair with the towel.

            “We lost track of time,” Minghao laughed. “And now were super tired. We went to a lot of places today.” I nodded my head as Minghao gave a brief rundown of all the events today.

            “You guys had so much fun,” Mingyu said after Minghao stopped talking. “I want to do something like that too, especially now that we have a break from practices and stuff.”

            “We can do something fun soon,” I said giving Mingyu a thumbs up. “Don’t worry your pretty head over it.” Mingyu smiled down at me hugging me lightly.

            “Let’s go to the beach,” he said. “That would be a lot of fun.” He stood up flexing his arm muscles for all of us to see. “I’ve been working out so I can show off to everyone.” He ran his hand across his stomach causing my eyes to follow seeing his tight stomach muscles. Damn he definitely was handsome, I’d give him that.

            “Put some clothes on man,” Wonwoo said shaking his head as he grabbed Mingyu’s towel throwing it on top of his head. “Show off when we’re actually at the beach yeah?” He sat down on the couch as Joshua and Woozi also joined us in the living room.

            “Did you have fun today Skyler?” Joshua asked as he sat down next to me bumping his arm against mine. “You were gone for a long time.”

            “I had a blast,” I answered as I smiled at him. Joshua smiled back at me patting my leg lightly. “Our next plan is to go to the beach.”

            “That sounds like fun,” Joshua said nodding his head. “All of us going to the beach, I can’t wait for that to happen.” Going to the beach definitely sounded like a fun. It would be cool to go together as a group. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully we’d go soon.

            Around eleven o’clock I began to feel sleepy so I excused myself from the living room to head to the bedrooms. I heard the door open after I had closed it looking up seeing Joshua enter the room before closing the door behind him.

            “Don’t worry we’re alone,” Joshua said as he climbed up the ladder before sitting at the end of Jeonghan’s bed. I patted the space next to me before he crawled up until we were sitting side by side not saying anything. “Maybe when we go to the beach we can go out somewhere. Just the two of us.”

            I smiled feeling a warm sensation fill up inside of me as his hand found mine and our fingers laced together. He turned to look at me smiling lightly with a rosy color painting his cheeks. Dammit he was so cute sometimes. This shyness made me want to take care of him and try to protect him.

            “That sounds great,” I said squeezing his hand. “We’ll definitely be doing that when we go.” He nodded as his small smile turned into a bigger one before the two of us were grinning like crazy from each other’s company. “So did you just ask me out on a date?”

            “Y-yeah,” Joshua said looking down laughing nervously. “I think I just did. And I don’t regret it at all.” I’m glad you didn’t regret it Joshua because I’d never in a million years regret saying yes.

 

 

Yeah so it's been too long since I've updated this story. As I said in the last chapter I wanted some Minghao and of course I had to throw in some Joshua x Skyler moments at the end~ So they're going to the beach and Joshua and Skyler have a date coming up. Could Joshua slowly be coming around??? 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting~ I always love all of it

ALSK20