Chapter 17 - Jealousy

My Time With Seventeen

I didn’t expect to see him in this one BBQ restaurant out of the thousands scattered in Seoul. I didn’t even think he’d be in Korea. Truthfully after we broke up I had lost contact with him as we both had our own lives to live. Was this some kind of sign?

When Moonbin had said my name all the memories of the time we shared together came flooding back to me filling me with a warm feeling. I hadn’t heard his voice in so long. He was older now but he still looked mostly the same. Maybe a little less chubby and more defined but he was still the Moonbin I called my first love.

“No way,” Joshua said as he let out a slight gasp finally breaking the silence that had filled our two groups.

“It really is you,” Moonbin said as his eyes practically disappeared and a radiant smile spread across his face. He ran around the table before tackling me into a tight hug. “Oh my gosh!”

I immediately smiled back feeling the familiarity of his hug come rushing back to me as I hugged him back tightly.

“Skyler hyung?” Soonyoung asked tapping me on the shoulder. “You know Moonbin from Astro?”

“Astro?” I asked after pulling away from him. “You’re in a k-pop group too?” Moonbin nodded his head as the other guys at his table quickly stood up bowing to us. I recalled back to some music shows I’d seen on TV and I remembered seeing the name Astro but I hadn’t really paid attention. All I knew was they debuted at the beginning of this year.

“Yeah,” Moonbin said as he still smiled. “I’m a singer in the group. I came here with my members to eat.” He motioned over to the five guys he’d came with introducing us to them. The tallest one that clearly screamed visual was Eunwoo, there was one with a baby face named Sanha, then the two rappers Jinjin and Rocky, and the main vocalist MJ.

“We need to catch up,” I said gripping onto his shoulders. I didn’t even notice Joshua grow increasingly silent as he watched the whole ordeal. All my attention was focused on my old friend and ex-boyfriend. “So much has happened you know.”

“Here let’s exchange numbers,” Moonbin said pulling out his phone. I did the same as we wrote each other’s numbers down in our phones. “Call me soon and let’s hangout okay?”

After hugging him tightly one last time we finally left the restaurant and they all turned to me with looks clearly asking for answers. All of them expect Joshua that is. He already knew the story about Moonbin and I.

“Moonbin was my first boyfriend back in LA,” I explained to them as we made our way back to the dorm. “We dated all throughout my time in high school before we broke up when I graduated. He was my first in everything. I had no idea he was in a group too. I can’t believe it.”

“Wow what a small world,” Minghao commented with a smile on his face.

“They are a cute group,” Soonyoung added. “They have some really cool dances to go along with their songs.”

“So is he the same as how you remembered him?” Wonwoo asked with questioning eyes. Everyone seemed so curious to know more about Moonbin as they kept their eyes on me the entire time. Joshua looked over at me but I was too caught up in past memories to tell them to make eye contact with him.

“His smile is still the same,” I told them. Moonbin’s smile was one of my favorite things about him. “He always gives this super bright smile kind of like Seokmin’s. That’s my favorite thing about Moonbin. And he also has a really great voice. He used to sing to me a lot when we went out. He even wrote a song to me.”

“Wow he sounds like a great guy,” Wonwoo said giving a soft sigh. “I wish I could have a partner like that. He sounds really romantic.” He looked over at Mingyu who just smiled at him when their eyes met.

“Yeah he does,” Joshua grumbled as he walked a little big ahead of me. “You had a really great boyfriend.” When we reached the dorm he walked ahead to the elevator closing it on the rest of us before we could get in.

Jeonghan shot me a look as he elbowed my side lightly. I shrugged my shoulders as we waited for the elevator to come back down. Why was Joshua acting so upset all of a sudden? I was sure it was something I did. It was just up to us to make sure everything got solved in the end.

When we got back to the dorm I headed straight to my room finding Joshua on the bed with his attention on his phone. I took off my jacket setting it on the hanger before sitting on the edge of the bed. Not once did he look over at me.

“So,” I said clearing my throat. “You closed the elevator on the rest of us when we got here.”

“I know,” Joshua said keeping his eyes glued to his phone.

“Are you upset?” I asked moving to sit closer to him. “Seems like you are?”

“I’m not,” Joshua answered putting his phone down. “Don’t worry about it Skyler. Just schedule your date with Moonbin.” He made a move to get off the bed but I grabbed his wrist keeping him grounded.

“It’s not a date,” I groaned pushing him down on the bed as I got on top of him. “It’s just a hangout of two people who used to be dating and have no bad feelings towards each other.” Joshua looked up at me with a blank face. “I’m with you now and only you.”

“You say that now,” Joshua sighed turning his head away as he looked out the window. “But the way you talked about him on the way back home.”

“It was just cause I haven’t seen him in a long time,” I said leaning down kissing him on his cheek. “I’ve never been happier than I am with you right now. Moonbin is a part of the past Skyler. You’re part of my now.”

Joshua nodded his head as he turned to look back up at me with a small smile on his face. His arms reached up wrapping them around my waist as he pulled me down closer till I was lying on top of him.

I smirked before our lips connected and we started kissing each other with a newfound heat between us. Joshua bit down on my bottom lip sliding his hand under my shirt trailing his fingers across my skin. A thousand chills ran up and down my spine from his touch.

“Does he kiss better than me?” Joshua asked pulling his fact away from mine. I shook my head claiming his lips again as I worked my hand down his body finding the buckle of his belt.

 

********

 

For the most part Joshua seemed okay with me going to meet up with Moonbin. Though he said he was fine with it I could see a small part of him was still upset over it. He had nothing to worry about but no matter how much I tried to convince him of that he wouldn’t listen. Moonbin now was nothing more than a friend to me.

The only time I could go to meet him was after our busy day of rehearsal so it was already nine when I left the dorm to head to a café to meet him at. He too was very busy since Astro had made a comeback recently for their third mini album.

Now that I knew he was in a music group I made sure to look them up on Youtube and listen to all their music. They had a really cute bubbly sound and look to them perfect for Moonbin. In almost every video he was smiling brightly, even on their live stages. Soonyoung had been right that they had really fun choreography to match their songs.

When I got to the café I ordered a drink after seeing him at a table in a corner. He waved over at me as I took my drink and sat down across from him.

“Sorry we have to meet so late,” I said as soon as I sat down. “We’re very busy about to drop our new album.”

“It’s okay,” Moonbin replied with a smile. “You guys are going to do great. Seventeen is really popular these days. It’ll be fun seeing you guys at music shows.” The two of us sipped our drinks enjoying the company of the other.

“Are you seeing anyone in private?” I asked after a while. Just because I had dated Moonbin didn’t mean he was gay. He’d told me he was attracted to me but never said he’d felt that way about a guy before. When we dated I was something new and unfamiliar for him.

“You mean like another guy?” Moonbin laughed wrapping his fingers around his cup of coffee. “Not at the moment. But I have had my eyes on some that I’ve seen at music shows. I haven’t dated anyone since we broke up.”
“I see,” I said nodding my head. “So who are the ones that you have your eyes on at the moment?” I think Gongchan from B1A4, Subin from Victon, and Seungjun from KNK are really handsome guys. And I have spoken to Seungjun quite a bit. But he’s probably straight.”

I smiled watching as Moonbin’s eyes sparkled a little more at the mention of the member from KNK. I’d heard of that group and saw them once in person. They were the tallest group of guys I’d seen in my life. Every single one of them was a giant.

“You never know,” I said shrugging my shoulders. “You were straight before I dated you.”

“That is true,” he replied with a smile on his face. “Hell I don’t even know if I’m completely straight anymore because of you. Maybe I’m bi or something. Probably that.”

The two of us broke off into telling different stories about the time we were dating. Four years of dating had given us plenty of time to make a lot of memories, mostly good and some bad.

There had been one time that the two of us almost broke up when I had punched one of Moonbin’s friends. As soon as Moonbin entered high school with his friends I got to see him more. One of his friends had been upset that Moonbin was spending so much time with me and had said some really rude things to me. I had let it go until it got too much and my fist had accidentally found his face. Moonbin had been really upset and stopped talking to me for a week. But eventually the two of us made up.

“So,” Moonbin said after we’d run out of stories of the past to talk about. “Are you seeing anyone at the moment?”

“I actually am,” I answered with a smile on my face as I thought of Joshua. “Since earlier this year I’ve been dating one of my members Joshua. Everyone in Seventeen now knows and they accept it.”

“Wow,” Moonbin said smiling back at me. “That is so awesome Skyler! I hope he’s not upset that we’re back to being friends.”

“No he’ll be fine,” I replied. “We already talked about all of it a few nights ago.”

“That’s good,” Moonbin said. “I don’t want him to be angry that you’re back talking to your ex. You can assure him that I don’t want to be your boyfriend again.” The two of us broke out into laughter before finishing the rest of our drinks.

We spent a few more hours talking before we decided to call it a night. When we left the café it was past midnight.

“It was fun hanging out with you,” I said as we stood in front of the café. “Let’s hangout again sometime soon.” Moonbin nodded his head as the two of us hugged before heading off in our separate directions to our dorms.

As soon as I got back to the dorm I found Joshua sitting down on the couch by himself. The two of us made eye contact as he got up from the couch heading over to me. He smiled at me before hugging me tightly. I couldn’t help but smile back as I hugged him tightly.

“You didn’t have to wait up for me,” I told him as we walked down the hallway to our bedroom. Once inside the room I got changed into my pajamas and we found ourselves under the covers getting ready to fall asleep.

“I know,” Joshua answered. “But I wanted to. It would feel weird to go to sleep without you next to me. I guess you can say I’m attached to you.”

“And me attached to you,” I laughed. We turned to face each other giving last goodnight kisses.

Moonbin was a great first boyfriend since we were both new to dating and we discovered so many things about ourselves during those four years. But now that I had Joshua everything was different but also slightly the same. They were two completely different people and I loved them both. Moonbin would always have a place in my heart. But now Joshua was claiming a huge spot in my heart and I didn’t want him to leave it.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

There is going to be more jealous Joshua in the next few chapters. And then after that there will be another problem that Skyler and Joshua have to face but that is for me to know and you to find out later. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

Thank you

alsk20