Chapter 22 - Two Days

My Time With Seventeen

The last two days, the company had given us the days off. No one had any schedules, and the management was busy trying to figure out how to solve all the problems. With me taking all the blame for the scandal, the fans seemed to have calmed down a little bit. There were still plenty of people angry at me, but it seemed like they were leaving Joshua alone. I admit it hurt to see fans saying such mean things about me, but as long as Joshua was left out I handled it as best as I could. 

On the first day, our manager had stopped buy to give me my plane ticket. We had only two days to make one last memory before I went back to LA. I was dreading leaving the dorm, especially Joshua but it was what had to be done. Holding the ticket in my hands, just made it way too real. 

“Just leave it on the bedside table,” Joshua said to me as we laid on the bed. Last night we’d all made plans to just spend the day in the dorm, order lots of takeout, and watch movies all day. No one was scheduled to be in the living room until around eleven for brunch. That left us a few more hours of cuddling in bed. 

“This ticket is like my fate,” I mumbled, wrapping my arms tightly around Joshua’s waist. “We have today and then tomorrow.” 

“I know,” Joshua replied, pressing his lips against mine. “And it , but we’re going to make the most of everything. You’ll get to spend time with everyone before you have to leave. We’ll eat all our favorite foods. We’ll hold hands, hug, cuddle, kiss, and make sure we don’t leave anything behind. I’m probably never going to have again after you leave.” 

“Don’t say that,” I said, breaking out into a smile as the two of us broke out into laughter. “But I feel the same way. I don’t think I can be in a relationship because I’m never going to get over you.” 

Joshua broke out into a bright smile, leaning his face closer to mine as our lips met. I slid my hands under his shirt, trailing my fingers up and down the expanse of his back. The sound of his soft breathy moan against my lips sent tingles down my spine. How was I ever going to kiss someone else after getting to kiss Joshua? 

Our kiss became more heated as hands roamed across skin. All of us had been working out more, and our muscles definitely showed proof of our hard work. Joshua’s fingers couldn’t stop grazing along my abs sending shivers down my spine. 

When it reached eleven for brunch the two of us were still going after each other’s bodies that we didn’t hear the door knock or the voices behind it. Joshua’s mouth attached to my neck felt like heaven, taking moans out of my mouth. 

“Skyler and Joshua hyungs!” Chan called with a loud thud on the door. “The food for breakfast!” 

“Just open the damn door,” Minghao grumbled. I heard their voices as nothing but mumbles as I continued to grind my body against Joshua’s. It wasn’t until the click of the door opening brought me out of my trance. 

Minghao, Chan, Jeonghan, and Wonwoo were standing in the doorway, the younger two looking scarred. Jeonghan just shook his head and Wonwoo laughed. Joshua and I looked over at the four of them, showing way too much skin, and pressed tightly together. 

“Time to eat, love birds,” Jeonghan laughed. “Come on kids, let’s let them finish.” He quickly ushered them away from the door, closing it. 

“Shall we?” Joshua asked looking up at me. I nodded my head, before capturing his lips again. After we untangled and got dressed again we made our way into the living room to sit by the TV. On the table were doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, fruit, sausages, bacon, and eggs for brunch. Jihoon and Soonyoung were already choosing the first movie. 

The two of us tangled our legs together as we began eating with everyone else. In the end Soonyoung chose to watch an old Disney movie. The hours went buy in a blur from watching movies and eating all day. I never left Joshua’s side, cuddled up next to him the entire day. I’d probably memorized his scent. 

 

The last day before leaving for the airport was more planned and exciting. Even with some crazy fans lurking around we all decided to leave the dorm to go an amusement park. This time we were going to a smaller one that wasn’t in Seoul hoping to get away from the city crowds. As it was a week day in the winter when we got to the park it was mostly empty, giving us a chance to just enjoy ourselves. 

“Haunted house first!” Seungcheol yelled. “First one to scream buys everyone snacks!” We all heartily agreed to the rules of the bet, entering the walk through house of horrors. Seungkwan, no surprise was the first to let out a high pitched shriek when something jumped out in our path. 

Seungkwan continued to grumble on the way to their next ride as everyone ate their ice cream on the way. Yes it was winter, and the temperature outside was cold but no one could ever say no to ice cream. I held hands with Joshua the entire time, sharing our ice creams. 

“You’re sweeter than ice cream,” he whispered into my ear. I grinned brightly at him, wanting to kiss him right there on the path but my lips were sticky with chocolate. Eventually we all split up to go in different directions, no one could agree on what rides or activities to do, it was better to just meet back at a later time. 

“Roller coaster?” I asked the small group left. Everyone nodded as we made our way to the biggest roller coaster at the park. Joshua and I took the car right behind a frightened looking Mingyu and a blushing Wonwoo. Craning my neck just enough I could see Mingyu’s large hand squeezing Wonwoo’s as we were strapped onto the ride. 

Once the ride was making it’s big ascent up to the very top, Joshua’s hand clutched mine, the two of us exchanged a thrilled look before butterflies filled my stomach and we were shot down the track. Mingyu’s screams could be heard the entire ride. I looked at Joshua, leaning in slightly as our lips met the exact moment the roller coaster’s camera flashed, capturing the moment. 

After the ride we both bought copies of the picture. Looking at the wind throwing our hair all over the place it looked hilarious, but we were kissing. I was going to cherish that photo for the rest of my life. No one can easily kiss on a roller coaster, but we did.

“No more roller coasters for the rest of the day,” Mingyu said looking badly shaken up. “My heart can’t handle any more.” 

“Baby,” Wonwoo muttered, shaking his head. “Should we go on the merry-go-round then? Something tame?” Mingyu shot Wonwoo a look as we took off for the brightly lit, color carousel. The two of them quickly found seats on a panda bear and an ostrich. 

“My prince,” I said making a grand bow to Joshua. “Your stead.” Joshua laughed as he climbed up on a unicorn. I took the sleek black horse next to him as the ride started and we went up and down slowly in a lazy circle. Our hands never let go of each other the entire ride. 

The last ride we went on was the ferris wheel. Wonwoo and Mingyu left us alone getting in their own car, the two of us following in the next one. 

“So,” Joshua said as the ride moved slowly up, giving us a view of the entire park and surrounding area. We sat pressed against each other, fingers laced together, legs hooked. “Tomorrow.” 

“Do you really want to talk about it?” I asked shooting him a nervous look. Yesterday we’d barely acknowledged the plane ticket sitting on our bedside table at home. 

“We kind of have to don’t we,” Joshua said staring out of the window in front of us. “Like do we continue to date long distance? Or do we just come to an end?” 

“What do you want?” I asked. “Personally speaking I don’t think long distance relationships can work out.” I heard him sigh as he squeezed my hand. I could feel his thumb brushing against the back of my hand. “Josh.” 

“I agree,” he said quietly, resting his head against my shoulder. “We’d be on different ends of the Pacific Ocean. You’d be waking up when I go to sleep. And you might meet someone in LA at school or something.” 

“Yeah right,” I scoffed. “I don’t want to meet anyone else.” 

“Well you might,” Joshua said with a little more volume in his voice. “Either way I want to continue to talk to you and message you. Just because we break up doesn’t mean we have to cut all communication off.” 

“That’s your answer then?” I asked. “Breaking up?” 

“Yeah, I think so,” Joshua answered. The two of us sat in silence as we paused at the top of the ferris wheel. 

My heart was suddenly feeling like a heavy stone in my chest, and a few tears slipped out of my eyes. From the sniffle I could tell Joshua was also crying at the thought. After tomorrow we’d no longer be a couple, just a pair of friends who’d dated for a bit before going back to being friends. We could do that right? We’d be okay with that? Those questions felt like a lie to me, but I was trying my hardest to believe them. 

In all those cheesy romance movies, couples always kissed at the top of ferris wheels. It was the cliche but right thing to do. We didn’t end up kissing at the top of ferris wheel, soon being taken back down to earth. 

 

After a long day at the amusement park we were all exhausted. The ride back to the dorm was the quietest it had ever been in the van. Everyone knew that once we got back to the dorm it would only be a handful of hours left before departure. 

Back at the dorm, Wonwoo immediately gave me a hug when we were getting our teeth brushed. His eyes were rimmed with tears as he gripped the back of my t-shirt tightly. It wasn’t goodbye yet but I was going to miss them, being a part of their group had been the best experience of my life.

 

 

Wow so I've been gone for over a year, and I'm a terrilble writer still but I am very determined to finish this story, which it is going to wrap up in the next few chapters. I'm sorry you get a new chapter filled with mostly angst. Anyways if anyone reads this till the end, thank you very much for sticking with this story. As always let me know what you thought. 

alsk20