Chapter 3 - Adore U Han River Version

My Time With Seventeen

Finally we got off the subway ride from hell and headed out into the light to make our way to the Han River. It was a really nice day with fluffy clouds floating lazily in the sky and lots of people at the river walking, biking, talking, and just enjoying the area on this summer day.

            “Ta-da Han River!” Jeonghan exclaimed. He looked at me smiling a little. “Is this all that you expected?” I nodded my head looking out at the water of the river flowing smoothly.

            “Its so big,” I said walking closer. “And the water looks so nice. Come on.” I motioned for them to follow me as I made my way down to the water. I crouched down dipping my hands into the water. “It feels so nice.” I cupped my cheeks letting the cold-water drip down my face.

            “It looks nice,” Joshua said crouching down next to me. He dipped his hand into the water moving his fingers against the current. “Refreshing.” He turned to look at me smiling at me. I smiled back looking down at the water putting my hands back in. “Look.” He pointed out at the river at the other side of it. “Do you see it?”

            I squinted my eyes trying to see what he was talking about. I shook my head after a while when I couldn’t see anything on the other side of the river. The river was so big that it was hard to make out anything that could have been on the other side of the river.

            “What are you pointing at?” I asked turning to look back at Joshua. “I didn’t see anything on the other side of the river.” Joshua smiled at me continuing to motion over to the other side of the river.

            “Are you sure you really don’t see it?” Joshua asked. “Mm that’s odd I saw it.” He put his hand back in the water I turned to look at him. “Right there.” He laughed before splashing water up at my face. I blinked a few times as he broke out into a fit of laughter.

            “Yah,” I said looking over at him pouting. “Making me think there was really something over there.” I shook my head taking my hand out of the water dangling my hand over his head letting the water drip down onto him. “Payback mister.”

            “These two,” Jeonghan muttered from behind us. I turned my head to look seeing Jeonghan looking down at the two of us. “Mingyu went to get us something to drink from a vendor. And it looks like I had to babysit you both.”

            “Thanks Jeonghan,” Joshua said still laughing. “You should put your hands in the water too.” Jeonghan raised an eyebrow at the two of us. “I promise I won’t splash you.” I know how picky you are about your hair.

            “It took a long time for me to get my hair to grow out,” Jeonghan said. “And you know it Hong Jisoo.” He sat down beside me placing his hands in the water. “You were there the whole time.”

            “I remember I remember,” Joshua said smiling. “It started out regular and black and short and then it grew out into these luscious locks and they dyed it brown. Just like they dyed my hair and about everyone else in the group. I think Seokmin and Wonwoo are the only ones without dyed hair.”

            “Drinks,” Mingyu announced as he came up to us. He sat down handing us each a bottle of sparkling apple juice. “Drink it while its still cold hyungs.” We all opened our bottles of juice clinking them together before drinking.

            “You guys should’ve made a Adore U cover here,” I said looking out at the water. “The background of the river and you dancing around would’ve been nice to see. And then you could’ve played around here.” I took another sip of my juice smiling.

            “Well,” Jeonghan said nudging me in the side lightly. “I happen to know a certain cousin of mine from California knows the entire dance to Adore U.” He looked over at Joshua and Mingyu as a silent message was communicated between the three of them.

            “What are you trying to say Jeonghan?” I asked looking at him. “You sound sneaky.” I raised an eyebrow at him as he stood up off of the ground. “What?” I turned to see Joshua and Mingyu also stood up before the three of them looked down at me.

            “Come on Skyler hyung,” Mingyu said offering me his hand to stand up. “We’re going to make the Han River version of Adore U.” I took his hand standing up as Jeonghan took out his cellphone. “Quality video camera of course.”

            “You know got to keep it classy,” Jeonghan said laughing. “When we get to the tunnel part of the dance Mingyu and I will be the tunnel okay?” Joshua nodded his head as we moved a little bit up away from the bank of the river.

            “Guys,” I said looking at them. “We’re just going to dance right here in public in front of all these people?” I looked around seeing tons of people moving around, we were surely going to draw attention and I definitely didn’t want to bring extra attention to me.

            “Why not?” Joshua said stretching his legs a little. “It’ll be fun Skyler.” He smiled as he took out his phone to get it loud enough to play the song. “Ready Jeonghan?”

            “Just about,” Jeonghan said as he propped his phone on a bench as Mingyu, Joshua, and I got into the beginning position of the dance. “Give me your phone Joshua.” Joshua handed Jeonghan his phone. “Everyone ready.”

            “No,” I said shaking my head. “I don’t know if I can do this. I’ll look weird dancing it next to you all who are all perfect at the dance. I’ll make a fool out of myself. I know I will.” I looked down at the ground feeling like people were already watching us.

            “Don’t worry,” Mingyu said as Joshua gave me a thumbs up. “Its all in good fun. It’ll be fun hyung. Come on just do it.” I took a deep breath closing my eyes before opening them giving a slight nod. “We’re ready.”

            “Let’s do this!” Jeonghan yelled. “Adore U!” He his camera to record us before getting into position with the rest of us before pressing play on Joshua’s phone and Adore U played just loud enough for us to hear it and people that were close by.

            We all began moving as soon as the song started playing and we began dancing to the song. I took another deep breath feeling myself get more comfortable as I danced along to the song with Mingyu, Joshua, and Jeonghan.

            Finally it got to the part of the bridge tunnel move and I felt Joshua put his hands on my hips as I went under Jeonghan and Mingyu’s hands as we moved around in a circle before we broke into the chorus singing along to the song. By now more people had noticed what we were doing and people had stopped to watch us as we continued to dance.

            I had to admit after I got over the nervousness the dance moves came more naturally and my body moved with less rigidness. I turned over to look at Jeonghan who smiled at me mouthing good job to me. I nodded my head as we continued to dance alongside each other.

            We hit the final pose on the ground as the people around us broke out into applause and a few girls were cheering at us. Jeonghan got up to turn off the camera. We smiled at the people that had watched us which had turned into a pretty large crowd of people.

            “Look at all the people,” Jeonghan whispered into my ear. “They look really impressed.” He smiled as he waved to the people that were watching us. “You did really well Skyler.”

            After a while most of the people that had watched us had gone back to doing what they were doing. A few girls stayed around crowding around us.

            “Joshua oppa can you take a picture with me?” one of them asked. Joshua nodded his head as they took a picture with each other. “Thank you so much oppa. By the way who is he?” She pointed towards me. “I’ve never seen him before.”

            “That is Skyler,” Joshua said smiling at me. “He’s Jeonghan’s cousin from L.A. who is staying with us for the summer. He’s pretty awesome right?” The girls around him nodded their head in agreement.

            “You were good at dancing Skyler-ssi,” one of them said walking up to me. “You could be a k-pop idol with your looks and dancing skills. Take a picture with me please?”

            “Ah sure,” I said smiling at her. I posed next to her as she took a picture of us. We kept taking pictures with the group of girls before we left to go find a place to eat at, eventually deciding on a noodle restaurant to get cold noodles to beat the heat.

            “Skyler you are really good at dancing,” Mingyu said after we began to eat our late lunches. “You knew all the moves to the dance. We have to show the video to everyone else including our managers.”

            “You don’t need to show your mangers,” I said shaking my head. “It wasn’t that good. I was just following you guys.” I slurped on my noodles as Jeonghan shook his head at me. “What?”

            “You were awesome,” Jeonghan said. “And that group of girls definitely had an interest in you. They asked me if you were a trainee or going to become a trainee. You could totally become a trainee and then make it big and have girls and boys ogling over you. Especially boys.”

            “Jeonghan,” I said hissing at him. I shook my head at him kicking him under the table in the leg. He looked at me widening his eyes after realizing what he had said. I covered my face groaning now that Mingyu and Joshua knew that I had more of an attraction if not all of myself was attracted to boys.

            “I’m sorry Skyler,” Jeonghan said looking worried. “I didn’t mean to… to you know.” He looked over to Mingyu and Joshua who were looking back and forth between the two of us. “Please don’t tell the others.”

            “Hey,” Mingyu said patting me on the back. “Skyler hyung look at me.” He lightly removed my hands from my face as I looked over at him. “It doesn’t matter if you’re gay. I mean I know Korea still isn’t the most accepting of that but most of the younger people don’t care and I’m one of them. So if you’re gay it doesn’t matter because you’re still a good person. And truthfully I’m not entirely sure if I am completely straight. So don’t worry about it okay?” He smiled at me hugging me briefly.

            “Thank you,” I said feeling a little better at what Mingyu had said to me. “I appreciate it a lot.” I smiled a little bit at him.

            “Don’t worry Skyler,” Joshua said. “We won’t tell the others about this, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind either. And no matter what you have the support of us who don’t care what you like as long as you’re happy.” He smiled at me before he went back to eating his noodles as we all resumed eating our noodles.

           

********

 

Later on after we had finished spending time around the Han River we took the subway back to the Seventeen Dorm to meet up with the rest of the members. Immediately when we got back Jeonghan called everyone to show everyone the dance video the four of us had shot at the river.

            “Skyler,” Soonyoung (Hoshi) said looking at me after they had finished watching the video. “You are really good at dancing. I like it.” He gave me a thumbs up. “Good job.”

            “Yeah hyung,” Dino said smiling at me. “You looked so cool and so natural doing our dance. You could so be one of us.”

            “True that, true that,” Vernon said nodding at me. “Are you sure you aren’t secretly a trainee or going to become a trainee soon?”

            “No,” I said laughing a little bit. “I just like to dance for fun, it’s not something that I think I could make a career out of it. I don’t know it’s just something fun.” I shook my head shrugging a little bit.

            “Oh come on hyung,” Seungkwan said looking at me with a credulous look. “I’ve heard you sing and now I’ve seen you dance, and you’re handsome you could so be a member of a k-pop group. In fact you should try because your talents are there.”

            “I agree,” Jeonghan said looking at me. “You could totally be a trainee and everything. Think about it.”

            “I guess I can think about it,” I said after a while. I mean I could think about it all I wanted, I knew that I was probably never going to make it into any company or group. I was just an average person that was sort of talented unlike Jeonghan and everyone else that was light years more talented then me.

            “Skyler,” Seungcheol said looking at me. “Do you mind if we showed the dance video to our manger? I think he would be impressed with your dancing. What do you think?”

            “I don’t know,” I said shaking my head. “Do you think he would really want to see it?”

            “Yeah hyung,” Wonwoo said nodding his head. “I think he would be really like it. You should let him see it.” He smiled at me giving me a thumbs up.

            “Alright,” I said finally nodding my head. “You can show the dance video to your manger. I am slightly interested in what he will say about the video.”

            “Yay!” Minghao said clapping his hands. “I think he’ll really like it, and possibly show someone else in the company, you never know.”

            “True true,” Seokmin said. “Hopefully he will show other people in the company.”

            “Don’t count on anything,” I said shrugging my shoulders. Joshua smiled at me patting my hand giving me a slight nod like he knew this video was going to be seen more then just be shown to their manager.

 

So now Joshua and Mingyu know that Skyler is gay but the rest don’t. They will probably find out in a future chapter (not probably most definitely). As for the video stuff will happen with that. Thank you~