Christmas Promise

I'm A Fangirl

Haeun's POV

Still at the same day. My dad said that there will be fireworks at midnight. And it's still 11. All of my friends were already passed out. I was wide awake. I was scrolling down my Instagram page, looking at some new BTS fan arts. I found a cute art of V, oh Yujin's gonna love this. Too bad she's asleep. I scrolled for like a hundred times then I got bored. Trying to think of what to do while running around my room like a mad person. Pretend that I have a light bulb hovering above my head, I got an idea. Score for Haeun. I went to the usual cafe near my house, since fireworks will start in... yeah, an hour. Maybe this was a bad idea. I was hesitating whether I should order a coffee or not.

"Eun? Funny to meet you here, pigtails." Somebody said from behind me. Pigtails was my nickname when I was a kid because I like to wear pigtails. Well, Zelo used to call me that. I turned around and saw Zelo, sitting on a sofa while sipping his Caramel Macchiato.

"Junhong, you promised me that you won't call me that again!" I yelled. Luckily, it was just the two of us here. And the cashier and the barista too.

"That was like, 10 years ago? A lot had happened 10 years ago so I can't remember." He grinned jokingly.

"Whatever, Hongie." His mother used to call him that, heuheu. Now we're equal.

"Please don't call me that." He burried his face into his hands. It's funny to see his reaction when I call him that.

"What? It's cute." I said, giggling.

"Whatever you say, pigtails."

"I don't do pigtails anymmore, Hongie."

"I say what I would like to say."

"Same here." I took a sip from Zelo's Caramel Macchiato and he kicked my leg under the table.

"Hey, that's mine!" He whined and took his cup of Caramel Macchiato from me.

I snickered. "Why? I'm thirsty and you're drinking my favorite type of coffee." I said.

"As the matter of fact, this is MY coffee and it's MY favorite type of coffee too." He stuck his tongue out at me. "Go order your own!"

I scoffed. "This is not fair. Come on, I let you drink mine every time you're thirsty." I said.

"But that was 10 years ago!" He whined. I giggled at his reaction. He's adorable.

"Yeah, but you NEVER let me drink yours." I said. He used to cry when I drink his drinks and told me to drink my own.

"Whatever, pigtails." He said and drank his coffee. Hehe, he's cute. Suddenly, I felt a slight buzz in my pocket. I took out my phone. There was a message in my notification list.

From : Bunny Jungkook
Meet me in front of the old building near your neighbourhood. Now.

Looks like not everybody was asleep. I raised my eyebrows at the message. "Junhongie. I gotta go now, bye." I said to Zelo as I stood up.

He looked up. "Hm? Why?"

"I dunno..." I said. "See you!" I walked out the cafe and went to the old building. As soon as I arrived at the old building, I shivered. It has a creepy feel inside.

"Jungkook-ah?" I called. I heard footsteps from inside the building. How did someone manage to went inside the building without feeling scared?

A familiar figure came out from the building. "Oh, Haeun, you're here." Jungkook said. "Follow me." He motioned me to come inside and I did what he told me to do.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I shiver. It's too dark here. And I think this building was used to be an office.

He smirked. "What, you're scared, miss scaredy-cat?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head immediately. "N-No!"

"Your stutter tells otherwise." He teased. This guy really.

"Shut up and keep walking." It was almost 12 at midnight.

We coouldn't really use the elevator because it's broken so we used the stairs instead. The rooftop is really high, my legs were killing me. The building is like, 10 floors high. We arrived at the rooftop and I immediately sat on a bench while panting.

"Eun." Jungkook called as he sat next to me. The bench we're sitting on is near the edge of the building so we can see the view perfectly.

"Yeah?"

"Look up." He said and pointed to the sky.

"What? Whoa..." I stared at the beautiful stars in awe.

"Beautiful right?"

I nodded, eyes still fixed on the beautiful stars with my mouth agape. He wrapped an arm aroung me and pulled me closer. I didn't know what's going on. My face was hot and my heart beats like crazy. We stayed like this, staring at the stars for a few minutes until I broke the silence.

"Jungkook-ah, do you know 'Christmas Promise'?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You can't break Christmas Promises once you made them right?" He nodded in response.

"Jungkook-ah."

"Hm?"

"What is your Christmas Promise?"

He stared at the stars for a while. "My Christmas Promise is..."

He turned to me and looked straight into my eyes with sincere. "To make you mine." He said. My heart was like running a marathon.

My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. Was that an indirect confession? No. You have to wake up, Park Haeun. He was just joking.

"Y-Yah, don't joke around." I hit his arm lightly.

"I'm not." He chuckled. He wasn't? What did he mean then? "Haeun." He called. Suddenly, I heard loud noises from the sky. The fireworks has started. He said something but I couldn't hear him because of the loud noises from the fireworks and people cheering.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

He turned his gaze back at the sky. "Nevermind." He said.

 

Zelo's POV

"Junhongie, I gotta go now, bye." Haeun said as she stood up from her seat.

"Hm? Why?" I asked.

"I dunno... See you!" She walked out the cafe and went somewhere.

I was curious of what happened so I followed her. She stopped in front of an old building. *What the heck?* I thought. What is she doing in a place like this? Ah well. I thought as I hid behind a bush. Looks like she was calling for someone but I couldn't hear her clearly. I saw a very familiar figure coming out from the building. Jungkook? What the..? They went inside the building. It would be crazy if I follow them inside so I stayed outside, wondering what happened between them.

Suddenly, I heard loud noises from the sky and people cheering around me. I looked up to see the fireworks, but something else caught my attention. Haeun and Jungkook at the rooftop of that building. And Haeun was in Jungkook's arms. That scene made my heart sank. I saw Jungkook trying to say something to her, but she couldn't hear him because of the loud noises.

"OMG OPPA!! ZELO OPPA!!"

"OPPA, IS THAT REALLY YOU??"

"OPPA CAN I HAVE A HUG??"

I looked to my left side in surprise and saw a sea of screaming fangirls running my way. I ran as fast as I could and hid behind another building. I almost got caught there. I wiped the beads of sweat that were running down my face. I let out a slight chuckle.

Looks like I have a rival.

-Flashback-

I finally went to Seoul. I really couldn't wait to see Haeun again. If only I could find her. The problem was I didn't know where she lives now. But then I heard that she didn't move away, I was happy. Youngjae hyung told me to buy them some coffee at a cafe so I did what he told me. On my way, I saw a very familiar person wearing a very familiar bracelet. The bracelet I made for Haeun on her 10th birthday before I moved to London because of my dad's business. I was at ease. She still wears it. This feeling for her never change since we were kids. I still love her. Will she finally notice my feelings towards her? I shrugged the thought off. I decided to call for her so I did.

"Haeun?"

Her eyes widened and she ran to hug me. "Junhong-ah!! I missed you so much!!" She said as she hugged me tightly. I chuckled and hugged her back.

"I missed you too, Haeun-ah." A lot.

"Junhongie, you changed so much!" She said and ruffled my hair. She still does that, eh?

"I'm Zelo now. And don't do that, I spent two hours styling this." I said. Yeah, I'm apparently a member of a boyband called B.A.P now.

"Yeah, yeah. But how did you recognize me? I mean it's been 7 years." She said. How can I not recognize you? You're my first love, and you didn't change much to be honest. Well, only you didn't wear pigtails anymore. And you're wearing the bracelet I spent years on making just for you. But there's no way I'll say that to her right?

"I recognize you because of that." I said and pointed to the bracelet.

"Yeah, I'm surprised I still keep this." She said while grinning. I giggled but then I noticed someone was staring at us. A very familiar person I often see on TV. She knows Jungkook? How come?

"What is Jungkook doing here?" I whispered.

"I was picking him up from practice. Wait, you know him?" She said and I gave her a look.I'm the one who supposed to say that.

"Of course I know. Who doesn't know him?" I said. "Hello, Jungkook. Nice to meet you. You know me right?" I said to Jungkook and bowed slightly. He smiled and nodded.

"Nice to meet you too. Of course I know you, Zelo." He said. I somehow sensed a rivalry situation between us. But I shrugged the thought off. Come to think of it, what did she mean by 'picking him up from practice'? What's her business with him?

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

Hi. Now you guys know Zelo's feelings towards Haeun. I don't know why but I keep on watching ASTRO's performance, oh my God /literally screaming/. Okay, tomorrow is another school day and I haven't even touch my pile of homeworks. Let's put the school thingy aside and lemme talk about KPop more. I don't know how many times I watched Mubank already and I literally ship Bogum with Irene. The ship is sailing. I'm literally rolling around my bed. Speaking of KPop, I created a new account on Instagram. Please follow

bangtan.unicorn24

Thankyou!! And don't forget to check out tha new fic also. First chapter is already out guys and I'm currently working on chapter 2. It's almost done so stay tuned.

See ya.