Realization

I'm A Fangirl

Haeun's POV

"Haeun?"

My eyes widened and I unconsiously ran to the person to hug him.

"Junhong-ah!! I missed you so much!!" I said to him while hugging him thightly. He giggled and higged me back.

"I missed you too, Haeun-ah." He said. Choi Junhong, he is my childhood friend. We used to play together everyday, before he moved to London and became a trainee. We were neighbors back then, and our parents were close friends.

"Junhong-ie, you changed so much!" I said and ruffled his hair.

"I'm Zelo now. And don't do that, I spent two hours to style this." He said. He is apparently a member of a boyband called B.A.P now.

"Yeah, yeah. But how did you recognize me? I mean it's been 7 years." I said.

"I recognize you because of that." He said and pointed to my bracelet. The bracelet was a gift from Junhong on my 10th birthday. He made it himself.

"Yeah, I'm surprised I still keep this." I said while grinning. He giggled but stopped when he realized that Jungkook was here too.

"What is Jungkook doing here?" He whispered.

"I was picking him up from practice. Wait, you know him?" I said and he gave me a look.

"Of course I know. Who doesn't know him?" He said. "Hello, Jungkook. Nice to meet you. You know me right?" He said to Jungkook. Jungkook smiled and nodded.

"Nice to meet you too. Of course I know you, Zelo." He said. I was about to say something when someone's voice interrupted me.

"Haeun unnie! Jungkook oppa!" The voice seemed familiar. We turned to the voice's direction. A certain girl walked out the cafe. Jein. She then stopped when she saw Zelo. "Um..."

"Jein, are you working her?" I asked. She nodded, eyes still focused on Zelo. I giggled. "Let's go inside. Wanna join us, Junhong-ie?"

"Sure. I was on my way here anyway." He said and walked inside the cafe with us. I ordered the usual Caramel Macchiato, Jungkook ordered Americano, and Zelo ordered the same as me.

"I need to go to the toilet." Zelo said. I nodded and he went to the toilet, leaving me and Jungkook.

"How do you know Zelo?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, he is my childhood friend. He moved to London when we were 10, I don't know when did he came back, but all I know is that he became a trainee." I said. He mouthed an 'oh'.

"Here are your orders!" Jein said and put our drinks on the table.

"Thanks!" I beamed. "Since when did you work here?"

"Since the first time we met. I thought that maybe if I work here I will meet you again but you never came."  She said. It's true though, I always go to the cafe near my house. I felt bad but all I could do was apologize.

"Sorry." I said and she smiled.

"No. it's okay. We finally met anyway." She said. Suddenly, Jungkook's phone rang. He excused himself, leaving me and Jein alone.

"Unnie. Your life is full of idols you know. I'm jealous." She said. "You're close to Zelo oppa too?"

"Yeah, he is my childhood friend." I said and she nodded. Then her manager called her. He told her that she should replace the old barista because he was absent. Zelo came after Jein left.

"Hey, Eun. About earlier, what do you mean by 'picking him up from practice'?" He said while sitting down.

"He was practicing alone and Jimin oppa wanted me to pick him up, I guess?" I said.

"Wait, how did you know them? Like, the whole BTS?" He said with a tell-me-everything-now look.

"Long story." I answered simply and took a sip from my coffee. He rolled his eyes.

"Same old cold Haen, eh? Tell me! I'm curious." He said. I took a deep breath.

"He transferred to my school not long ago. And they are my neighbors for some reasons, they moved into the house across mine. Mom told me to gave a cake to them so I did, and that's how I know them. I somehow close to them now." I explained. He then grinned.

"Thanks for the information. I'm satisfied." He said. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Still the same old Junhong-ie." I said.

"Hey, I changed!" He said and pouted. I laughed.

"Really? Not to me." I said and he snickered.

"By the way, can I have your phone number?" He said. I nodded and we exchanged numbers.

"I'll call you." He said.

"Of course you will. Remember when you filled my mailbox with letters? Only because I was sick and you missed me so much." I said. He hung his head low in embarassment. "That was hilarious." I laughed.

"I'm surprised that you still remember. That was embarassing!" He whined. Then Jungkook came with a worried look.

 

Jungkook's POV

-Flashback-

"Hello? Hyung?" I said as I answered Jin hyung's call.

"Jungkook? Yah, where are you??" He said. He sounded worried.

"At the cafe near our building." I said.

"Is Haeun with you?" He said. I was getting more worried by the second.

"Yeah, she is."

"Can you come home now?" He said.

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"It's Taehyung." My eyes widened.

"What's wrong with Taehyung hyung?" I asked. I was really worried that something happened to Taehyung hyung.

"He hurt his leg when skateboarding. Geez, that stubborn kid." He said.

"What??"

"Yeah, we're at home now."

"I'm coming!" I said and ended the call.

-End of flashback-

I walked inside the cafe and saw Haeun talking happily with Zelo. I felt something weird inside that I never experienced before. Like someone was punching my heart. *An I jealous? No, no way. Why would I be jealous? I thought. I walked to them.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Haeun asked.

"Taehyung hyung hurt his leg when skateboarding." I said. Haeun's face turned to a worried expression.

"Is he okay?" She said.

"I don't know. Jin hyung told me to come home." I said. She stood up.

"I'm going too." She said. "Do you want to come with us?" She said to Zelo. There it was again. That feeling.

"I can't. I have to go back to our dorm after this. Hyungs just want me to bring some coffee for them. Tell the rest of BTS I say hello!" He said. She nodded her head.

"Okay. See you!" She waved at him and he waved back. We walked out the cafe and walked home. "How did he hurt his leg?" She asked. I shrugged.

"He was learning how to skate." I said and she nodded.

"Speaking of skate, Junhong is really good at skateboarding. He taught me how to skate when we were little. But sadly, now I forget how to skate." She said. That feeling again. It can't be that I'm jealous right? I don't even like her that way. At least I thought so.

"Oh, really?" That was all I managed to say. There was silence. It wasn't awkward, it was just a silent walk, until we reached my house. The door wasn't locked.

"Hyung! Is Taehyung hyung okay?" I said to J-Hope hyung, making him startled.

"Ah, you scared me!!" He said. "He sprained his ankle but he's okay now." I sighed in relief.

"I'm glad he's okay." She said.

"Hi, Haeunnie!" Hyung said and ruffled her hair, making her puffed her cheeks out. Cute. I mentally jumped from the top of Namsan Tower for thinking that she's cute. What is wrong with me? I questioned myself. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hyung!" I beamed.

"You know, I think I should've practice with you instead of skateboarding." Taehyung hyung said. I rolled my eyes but I was happy he's okay.

"Whatever you say, hyung." I said and he grinned. "See you, hyung. I need to study!" I said and ran upstairs to my room to study for the exams. And I think Haeun went home already. Suddenly, someone entered my room. I was wrong.

"J-Jungkook-ah. I need help." I turned to the voice. I saw Haeun with books in her hands. I sighed and motioned her to sit down. She sat in front of me and opened her books.

"What do you want?" I asked. She shoved on of her pile of books to my face.

"Math." She said.

"I thought you're smart. Why do you need my help?" I said.

"It's just.. something, or maybe someone keeps on popping in my head." She said, emphasizing the word 'someone'. Who could it be? That question filled my mind. Why am I so curious about it?

"Anyways.. what do you want me to help?"

"This one, this one, this one, and this one." She said while pointing to the questions. I sighed and cleared my throat.

"Okay, listen. This one--"

*SNAP!*

The lights went out. Then there was silence. I only heard hyungs' voices from downstairs.

"Haeun?" I called. I suddenly felt someone's arms wrapped around my body. I froze but softened when I realized who she was. "Haeun?"

"Y-Yeah?" She stuttered. I could feel her shaking. I smirked.

"N-No!" She said as she let go of me.

"Really?" I smirked again. I slowly walked away then she started to panic.

"Yeah! J-Jungkook? Yah, where are you? Stop teasing me!" She stood up and walked around to search for me. I tried to hold my laughter. I tapped her shoulder and she jumped in surprise.

"Searching for your idol?" I smirked for the nth time. I could see her almost crying face eventhough it's dark.

"Y-Yah! Don't do that!" She hit me lightly as I laughed.

"Don't do what? This?" I said and started to tickle her.

"Stop!! Stop!!" She said while laughiing whole-heartedly. She accidentallt step on her pen, making her fall.

"You okay, Miss Scaredy-Cat?" I said and helped her up.

"Don't call me tha--"

 

Haeun's POV

*SNAP!*

The lights were back on. That's when I realized how close my face to his. He was looking straight to my eyes and I did the same. My heart beats faster by the second and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Yup, there's no doubt. I like him. The way he looked at me in the eyes. The way he hold me from falling. I fell in love. I realized my feelings now. When I was back to my senses, my face turned red and I quickly step back. He cleared his throat and said,

"So.. which question again?" He sat down and I sat down in front of him.

"Um.. this one, this one, this one, and this one." I pointed to the questions.

"Okay. First, you have to use this formula." He explained and I nodded. "And then you do this and you got the answer." I nodded again. He looked at me and said, "Do you even understand?" I shook my head.

"Not even a little." He sighed and repeated.

"So first, you use this formula. Then you do this to find the x. Then you do this and you got the answer." He repeated. "Do you understand now?"

"Yeah, I got it." I said.

"Good. Try to solve this problem." He said and pointed to the first number. I nodded. I tried to solve the problem but the only thing on my mind was Jungkook. I shook the thought away and tried to solve the problem. "Why are you shaking your head?" He said, startling me.

"Huh? N-Nothing." I said, slightly embarassed.

"Yah, you haven't even write anything yet!" He said.

"Shut up, I'm trying!" I said and scratched my head in frustration. I started writing the formula. The problem was easier thanks to Jungkook's teaching.

"You're wrong there. It supposed to be 9, not 8." He said.

"Yeah, thanks." I said and erased the wrong number. After a while, I finally got the right answer.

"You got it right. Now, do the rest using the same formula." He said. I nodded and started writing.

"Jungkook." I called. There was a question I really wanted to ask him. He hummed in reply. "Have you ever been in love?" He looked at me wide-eyed.

"Why are you asking me that?" He said. I shrugged.

"Just asking." He rested his head on his palm and played with his pen with his free hand.

"I don't think I have." He said. "How about you?" I stopped writing and looked at him. My face was crimson colored and my heart was beating rapidly. I couldn't just tell him that I'm in love with him. But one part of me really want to tell me how I feel.

"I have." I blurt out. I quickly covered my mouth when I realized what I just said. Now he's going to flood me with questions. He looked at me teasingly but for some reasons I found a little bit of sadness in his eyes.

"Really? Who is it?" He asked me. I cleared my throat.

"Who is what?" I tried to act like nothing happened, but failed. The fact that I'm not a good actor pissed me off.

"Don't lie. You know what I'm talking about." He smirked at me. I was clearly shaking.

"N-No I don't." I started writing again, but ended up doodling a shapeless thing on my notebook.

"Come on, I'm really curious right now. Who is he?" He asked. I really don't know why he really want to know.

"None of your business." I said. "Why do you really want to know anyway?"

"I just wanna know." He said. I shrugged and started to finish my work. I couldn't finish any of it because sometimes Jungkook had to throw paper balls at me. I secretly took a pillow behind me and throw it at him.

"Oh you want to play it that way, huh?" He smirked and picked up a bigger pillow.

"You wouldn't." I said.

"Oh I would." He smacked me with his pillow. I picked up a pillow which was as big as his and smacked him. We ended up having a pillow fight. I was having fun, until my phone rang. It was my mom. I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Where are you at this time young lady?!" She yelled through the phone. I looked at the time and widened my eyes. It was 11 pm.

"Sorry! I'll be home now!!" I said and hung up. Mom is so gonna kill me when I got home.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook said. To be honest, I really want to stay longer. I quickly packed my things.

"I need to go home now. See you tomorrow!" I said and quickly exit his room. I didn't see him but I could tell that he shook his head in disbelief.

 

 

________________________________________________

Hi guys!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! /sends hearts everywhere/ So. Sorry for not updating for a while, I was busy with school. I'm currently watching Music Bank. Okay, so I'm still working on the new story that I will publish soon. Anyway, Haeun realized her feelings! How about Jungkook? You will know in the next chapter. And the person Haeun met is Zelo! Congratulations for those who got it right! And I just realized that I always update in midnight. I really need to sleep now. See you!