Chapter 8

Bold 〈 2Jae 〉

It was awkward. Maybe.

Jaebum would secretly glance over at Youngjae. He would notice how the brunette seem more happy and innocent.

'The hell. He was a raging demon now he's an innocent prick. What's with him?'Jaebum glared at Youngjae before returning to his World History homework. His mind was instantly occupied with the information as he read and order his notes.

Youngjae turned when he sensed someone staring intensely at him. Letting his brown orbs wander the library, the first person it landed on was Jaebum. The redhead was so focused on his homework it made Youngjae stared stare longer than usual.

Youngjae eccentrically liked how Jaebum brows furrowed and his jawline would clench when he was trying to figure out something or when he narrows his eyes at the book. Youngjae admit, he likes Jaebum side profile. He was kind of jealous of the older's looks.

Just because he can naturally look amazing while doing his stupid homework. For once.

"Hey innocent devil staring at you."Jackson whispered to Jaebum.

The elder frowned and turned to see if the Hong Kong male was screwing with him and to his surprise apparently not. The younger boy lost in his mind, was staring at him.

"Quit staring you brat and do your homework!"Jaebum shouted at Youngjae, throwing him a hateful glare.

Youngjae blinked and returned the auburn haired male the exact glare,"I already finish. Unlike someone!"

Jaebum grabbed whatever was close to his right hand, which was Jackson's bottled water and chuck it at Youngjae. At first, it was guilt when he saw it flew out his hand, but the feeling of relief filled him when it hit Youngjae. But the guilt returned instantaneously when he saw the brunette wince in pain.

'Oh . . . I—'Jaebum watched as the younger stood up and grabbed his items, exiting the library. Mark curled his fist and glared at the duo.

"Seriously? You want war or something? Quit bothering us."The blond haired boy followed after his hurt friend.

"Dude, what the hell. I thought we went over this a day ago. Leave him alone and forget what happened. Why did you throw my bottle at him?"Jackson said.

By now they had some audiences observing their small fight. Jaebum felt embarrassed and knew he had to apologized. Sighing in his hand, he abandoned Jackson rant and went to search for Youngjae.

Running down the halls, Jaebum tried to search for Mark and Youngjae. After ten minutes, the redhead gave up and walked back to the library, managing to shut Jackson up by throwing him his infamous glare.

Lunchtime rolled by and Jaebum was arriving at the cafeteria exit that allowed students to enter the courtyard. He had forgotten to apologize to the younger. Of course, Youngjae didn't forget. The brunette smirked from across the courtyard where lunch break were always occurring and dialed someone's phone number.

"Hyung, when do you want me to drop it?"

"Not yet Yugyeomie. Wait a bit."Youngjae answered with a wicked smile. Mark tried to look grim but overseeing their mischievous plan, he couldn't contain the smile from appearing on his countenance.

Such an abominable event was to be presented to the whole student in the courtyard. Youngjae casually took a seat where he could see Jaebum perfectly. His eyes wander up the bucket hanging at the entrance where the auburn haired male was approaching.

3.

2.

1.

"Drop it."

Yugyeom and BamBam shared a nod and as Jaebum stopped pass the entrance line, the maknaes poured the big bucket of water over the ledge and Youngjae watched in amusement as the liquid splashed on Jaebum.

The whole courtyard gasped and immediately began to laugh at the group that were drenched. Youngjae was dying of laughter by now. Yugyeom and BamBam had disappeared already and trying to become apart of the crowd.

Jaebum and his group of friends were embarrassed to the core. They would exchange glances. Jaebum instinctively wander the crowd and it landed on a familiar brunette.

Youngjae noticed Jaebum's glowering expression and the younger sent him a wink. The redhead could literally hear the words Youngjae's mouth,"How's the water? Are you done being thirsty?"

Before Jaebum could step forward to choke the out Youngjae, Jackson and Jinyiung pulled their friend back. He was far than aggravated. Words couldn't describe his feelings currently.

"No. Later. We need to get out these clothes."Jackson growled and Jaebum grunt in agreement and the three boys left the courtyard, swearing to every God and Buddha that they were going to kill them.

War between Im and Choi had begun.

• — •

The following day after his huge embarrassment, Jaebum found a bright yet iniquitous idea ever. He smirked as he stared at his new painted room. Today was Friday, which was where all students were allowed to wear casual attires, not their uniform.

Dressing up casually, but managing to look like a god, the redhead told his friends of his malicious plans. They all agreed and began to put their trick into action.

Walking down the halls, everyone knew better to not talk about the water accident around Jaebum. Walking down from across the hall was Youngjae and his friends. They were unaware of Jaebum's friend and his smirk.

As they neared each other, Jaebum greeted the younger boy,"Hm, morning Youngjae-ah."

The brunette was taken back but before he could respond, Jaebum had walked off with his two friends behind, giving Youngjae and his friend's their roguish smile.

"Jae, I think they're up to something."Mark whispered as the trio were out of their sight.

"Are they now? Then just be cautious from now on. We don't know what they're going to do."Youngjae informed them and felt his heart thump violently against his chest. He was already anticipating the plans the auburn haired male had for him.

'Oh god. What have I put myself into?'

Youngjae was fretting for his life as his perturbed brown orbs wander the half vacant hallways. Reminding himself to calm down and play it cool, he swallowed his fears.

'Don't worry too much. If JB can't do his homework, that means he can't plan a stupid prank.'Youngjae reassured himself allowing an awkward smile best own on his face.

Jaebum appeared from the corner he was hiding in and watched as the younger brunette idly walked off to his class."Oh, poor Youngjae. You're in luck today. I'm going to add colors to your dull outfit."

Smirking, the redhead crossed his arms and walked the other direction to his class. Youngjae halted and caught sight of Jaebum.

"What the hell. . . ."

Youngjae walked down the hall during his lunch break, reading. Jaebum confronted the younger and the sudden appearance of the redhead caused him to stop.

"Youngjae-ah, your outfit is so dull. Where's the color?"Jaebum inquired.

Youngjae gave him a perplexed and the older male gave him a fake quizzical expression that fooled the younger. The brunette looked down at his shades of gray outfit and looked at Jaebum.

"Why do you care?"He narrowed his eyes.

"Oh. I was just curious. I thought someone devilish as you would wear something nice and colorful. Like the damn innocent you are."Jaebum smirked and turned away, heading to the courtyard where lunch was being held.

"The hell with his problem? He's wearing dark colors too."Youngjae scoffed and walked after the auburn haired male.

Same prank,same place, but different substance.

Innocent Youngjae strolled through the entrance, at the same time, Jaebum had his friends drop the bucket of paint.

"YOUNGJAE!"Mark, Yugyeom, and BamBam shouted.

Too late.

The brunette looked straight at he looked at Jaebum first, as always but what made him freak out was the shout of fear and his friend's petrified demeanor. Before he could look up, the colorful paint had spattered his outfit.

Youngjae gasped loudly as the paint destroyed his clothes and hair. He trembled violently, his eyes watched the students laughing at him. He felt violated and exposed. The younger boy curled his fist and ran to Jaebum who was distracted.

"You ing bastard!"

Youngjae pushed Jaebum to the ground. The redhead looked up and saw handprint marked his black Supreme hoodie. The brunette towered perilously above the older male. Silence dropped among the students.

Mark and the Maknaes followed. Before Jackson and the others could come over, Mark blocked his way and glared at him."You're not going near him." Barricading the brunette, Youngjae grabbed Jaebum's collar.

"You think this is a ing game?!"Youngjae shouted, his innocent brown eye blazing with fury.

"Oh please Choi. You're lucky I didn't do—"

"You stupid prick! I'm not hearing out your cocky sentence."Youngjae barked and allowed some paint to splatter the redhead and his attire.

He felt tears pile in his eyes and he turned immediately, escaping from the courtyard. Mark and the Maknae followed after. Jaebum smirked and heaved himself up.

"Well ."Jinyoung muttered.

"Payback. And you're welcome for the colors on your outfit."Jaebum shouted causing Youngjae to turn and flick him off.

"You think that's the end?"Jackson asked.

"I'm positive. Youngjae suffered humiliation enough. He won't dare challenge me again."Jaebum answered confidently.

Mark called his dad to bring some of his spare clothes for Youngjae. In ten minutes, Youngjae had cleaned up in the boys locker room. The brunette was silent which scared the trio.

"You're going to regret using paint, Im. And ruining my outfit."Youngjae muttered darkly.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Kinda length, probably not interesting. But I tried.

Excuse any mistakes, I'll fix them later.