Chapter 16

Bold 〈 2Jae 〉

Jaebum did promise to bring Youngjae home.

And that's what he did exactly, except awkward and all, both were giggly and already getting more comfortable with each other.

They were nearing Youngjae's house and immediately, the brunette felt sad. He hated to admit he would miss being around Jaebum, but since his heart worked stronger than his mind, he confessed.

"I wish we could've spent more time together. . ."He muttered softly, his blush brighten up every second. The redhead blinked and smiled down at the younger boy.

"Who said that would be our last?"

The younger boy looked up and Jaebum pulled him into a tight hug. Before Youngjae could enter his house, the auburn haired male pulled him and kissed him again. He backed up the brunette to the door making a thump against it.

"Ow."The brunette muttered against the older boy's lips.

"Sorry about that baby."Jaebum apologized before returning to their kiss. His hand would sneak to the back and caress where the pain was and Youngjae nearly moaned at the touch. Before their kiss involved tongue, the door opened and Youngjae fell backwards.

Jaebum blinked at Youngkae's mom and greeted her,"Hello Auntie."

"Jaebum-ah. Youngjae, honey. What are you doing on the floor?"Youngjae's mother inquired, staring between the two males. But when she noticed their red, swollen lips, the realization struck her."Oh, I'll just make sure dinner is prepared properly, come in you two."

As the beautiful woman is out of their sight, the redhead is laughing since Youngjae had fell down during their kiss. The brunette is glaring at his. . . .

. . . .boyfriend. . .

"How—"Jaebum points at the fallen younger boy but he didn't expect to get himself dragged down and pulled into another heated kiss. He smiles as they pull away.

"You know, if you keep kissing me, maybe I'll stay for dinner."The older boy said. Youngjae smacks his chest and stands up, not bothering to assist the auburn haired male."Okay, rude. You're not going to help your own boyfriend?"

The brunette's cheeks are tomato red and Jaebum is admiring how alluring the beauty before him makes his heart run and his nerves go haywire.

"And when did we even establish that?"

Rolling his eyes at the sassy response, he answers it,"When I kissed you and you confessed loving me as much as I love you."

Either way, Youngjae hauls the redhead up and both walk to the kitchen where Youngjae's mother awaited for the duo to arrive. She would stand up and walk to Jaebum.

"It's been awhile I've seen you Jaebum-ah. My, you've grown into a handsome young man."Youngjae's mom complimented Jaebum who simply passes winks to Youngjae secretly. The young boy can only roll his eyes but a smile always made its way on his lips.

"Aw, thanks Auntie. But I wished your son was like you. Complimenting me. He always think I'm not."Jaebum lies. Youngjae blinks and unfolds his arm, staring at his boyfriend in disbelief. His mother would sternly look at him.

"Youngjae-ah, honey, how could you say that? You and Jaebum are great friend."The redhead thought,'Great boyfriend now.' But he listens to Mrs.Choi,"Now say something nice to Jaebum."His mom demanded, her eyes narrowing at her son. The brunette was close to protesting, but the way the redhead is looking at him, he just complies.

"Fine. Jaebum, you—"

"He's your hyung Youngjae. Say your formalities."

The auburn haired male is trying to restrain his laugh. The young boy is glaring at how older boyfriend who's enjoying this way too much.

Inhaling deeply, he continues,"Jaebum-Hyung,"The redhead is smiling widely because the brunette has never showed much formality when they were together or anywhere, but today changed. All due to him,"You look very. . . .not too bad."

"What kind of compliment is that?"Jaebum asked, disappointment evident.

"Hey, I could've said worse."Youngjae said, his cheeky smile irking the redhead. His mother sighed at the duo, who she knew very well, were close to bickering. Like they use to do back then. Youngjae's mother walks to the kitchen the couple are mouthing words to each other.

"You call that a compliment?"The older boy hisses lowly.

"You couldn't ask for a compliment?"The brunette responded, raising a brow at his boyfriend who would go to extreme measures to get a compliment from him.

"I rather embarass my cute boyfriend."

"You're terrible."

"Terribly in love with you Youngjae."Jaebum sent him a wink and all Youngjae could do was shove the redhead towards the kitchen table. His older boyfriend would interlock their hand secretly as they stood close.

"Come on. Sit down. You've got to tell me how everything has been Jaebum. Youngjae here, keeps keeping you out my house. How mean of him, don't you think?"Youngjae's mother stated, making her own son stopped eating, his fork in mid-air.

"Really mom. Don't do this now."Youngjae whined and Jaebum giggles at how the brunette was already feeling that bad.

"It's alright. After all, we made up for some missing time."The redhead says, looking at the younger boy who is now blushing at those words. Mrs. Choi took awhile to understand but she played it off as if she didn't comprehend.

• — •

Dinner at the young boy's house went pleasantly well and Youngjae watched his boyfriend walk home from his window, his figure becoming smaller. He regretted not asking the redhead to sleep-over.

His cheeks are burning at the suggestion and he hears a ring from his phone. Grabbing it, he check his message.

Jaebum:
Look out your window again Rapunzel
Maybe you'll see the thief who stole your heart ;)

He popped his head out the window and saw his boyfriend waving. He chuckled and waved back. Quickly, texting back, he smiles in content as guilt wash away for not asking the older boy to stay over. While at that, he changes his boyfriend's contact name from Jaebum to Boyfriend Material JB.

Jaebum who was faraway, read the incoming text:

Beautiful Sunshine YJ:
How nice my handsome thief
If you come back, maybe I'll let you through my window
Deal?

Jaebum grins and looks up once more. This time, Youngjae makes a big heart with his hands and disappears into his room. The redhead turns around, beginning his journey home with a light heart and wild emotions.

• — •

They always did promise to be together.

That was their promise as kids.

Even if it was broken during middle school, they were able to let that promise live once more now. After all, Youngjae and Jaebum are officially dating. And they felt as if the world was on their side now.

Saturday, the auburn haired male called him all day, even when he had work. He helped at a nearby pet store because he loves animals. Not gonna lie, even this white dog he saw everyday that his owner kept in there, unowned. He promised himself to do something about that cute dog that somewhat reminded him of Youngjae.

Sunday was when Jaebum took Youngjae out again just for ice-cream and visiting some special places around the city. In the end of the day, the younger boy blames his boyfriend for dragging him throughout the area and making him walk.

The older boy didn't care, he enjoyed carrying the brunette and treating him whilst teasing the hell out of him. They have a playful first few day relationship. They tried to at least not act like children when they see stuff they love nor bicker randomly on food.

They even tried to calm down their swearing since there was children around and they were grown teenagers who were close to graduating.

Monday arrived. Jaebum and Youngjae walked to school together, their hands laced and acting all lovey-dovey. Some students noticed the change between the Im and Choi but made no comment.

As they were in the halls, Jackson and Mark came up. The couple stopped and watch a grin widened on their lips and they knew exactly what they'll say.

"So, how was your date?"

The redhead rolled his eyes and answered,"Amazing. Look, we're not even going at each other throat."He held their interlocked hand and waited for another inquiry.

"TAEHYUNG."

The brown haired male walked over and perceived the altering between Jaebum and Youngjae. His eyes trailed down and he sees their hand. His dark orbs darted between the male and his famous square smile appears.

"Taehyung, I swe—"

Too late.

"OH GOD. IM JAEBUM AND CHOI YOUNGJAE ARE OFFICIALLY DATING EVERYONE. HALLELUJAH."Taehyung screamed and everyone in the halls immediately looked at the couple in the middle of the corridor.

The brunette wasn't comfortable with this many attention so he tighten his grip on his boyfriend hand and scooted closer. Jaebum sighed softly and watched Taehyung conversed with three familiar males.

"Oh! Congratulations Jaebum! You finally got the guy!"Shiwoo shouted from across and gave the auburn haired male a thumbs up.

"OTP AS ."Jungkwan added and people are cooing at the couple. Before more teasing could be spoken, the bell rang. Students began rushing to their locker or class.

Jaebum and Youngjae are laughing midst of the chaos and they walk towards their first class, not believing people were that happy for them.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
Sorry this is bad
I finished it really quickly and I've been stressed out😅

I'll fix any mistakes

I'll try to double update for you guys.