Chapter 3

Bold 〈 2Jae 〉

 

Youngjae was off the school ground and had screamed on the top of his lungs, earning some stares from walking strangers. He grumbled angrily and wanted to smash his head into the wall.

Next Day:

Here he was, sitting in the library with Jaebum who was in his own world, headphones in, ignoring Youngjae existence. No, Youngjae wasn't jealous of the stupid headphones but furious.

They had picked the subject and mostly Youngjae was accomplishing the section of the project he was assigned to. Jaebum on the other hand wasn't. He was distracted by someone texting him ever second. 

Youngjae knew it wasn't his business but he say the name. Some girl name Yeol and Chanwool. No, he wasn't jealous. He was just annoyed.

Youngjae decided to distract himself. It's not like Jaebum will notice him anyways. Well he thought wrong.

"Yah, quit slacking."Youngjae jerked in his seat and narrowed his eyes at the other male who had iMessgae visible for Youngjae to see some messages.

Of course he saw and it were flirty words being shared which made Youngjae wanted to choke on his spit. 

"I'm not the one texting ever second am I?"

Jaebum glared at Youngjae. But Youngjae ignored it. Because he was going through his memories when he had arguments with Jaebum about texting when they did projects together. Youngjae hands curled at every vivid images. 

Jaebum wasn't aware about it since he didn't remember much from their past together. Except when they stopped talking or mostly the special ones. 

He couldn't stand it. Standing up, he was only three feet away until Jaebum decided to ask where he was going.

"I'm going to use the bathroom."Youngjae lied and left Jaebum alone to his texting. As Youngjae was far away from the library, he would sneak out to the nearby canteen to buy himself some water. And oddly, he found himself buying Jaebum favorite drink.

Surprisingly he remembered.

Youngjae sat down and drank his water as a specific memory rewind causing him to stop drinking. 

.: Flashback-ish :.

As kids, Youngjae and Jaebum were friends although they were a few ages apart. Everything was well for them. Or so they thought. The problem started during the summer. Both had a crush on a girl which caused them to try to win her heart. 

Youngjae thought this could help with his tiny feelings for his best friend. But Jaebum had no feelings or whatsoever. But it wasn't much success for Youngjae since he was quiet and awkward. Unlike Jaebum who was bold and direct.

But Youngjae was depressed. It wasn't about the girl. It was about Jaebum. As they stopped talking to each other and became nothing, the next thing they knew was that they became rivals. 

Jaebum and Youngjae were perfect opposites. Good at one thing while the other isn't. They were each other's weak point. Jaebum was more popular and Youngjae wasn't. Jaebum rather be out and partying and date ton of people for no reason. Youngjae would rather be inside the house, relaxing and staying proudly single. 

And that takes them to where they are at now.

Still hating each other.

.: End of Flashback-ish :.

|} this isn't much of a memory but I just needed to add this in because I didn't and I'm actually really lazy to re-edit everything. But this 'memory' was him sitting down in his room and going over how they parted, hopefully you all can comprehend {|

Youngjae manage to escape his memories and hurried back. He didn't realize his eyes were red until he saw his reflection in the glass window. He spilled some water on his hand and pat his face with it. Lifting the hem of his shirt, he wiped his face.

Almost in a harsh way to create red marks to make it seem like he rubbed his face hard. Snatching his water bottle and Jaebum favorite drink, he returned and sat down setting the drink down.

Jaebum at first was going to scold him but stopped when he saw Youngjae setting his favorite drink down in front of him. 

'How did he know?'Jaebum looked at the younger who was oblivious to his stare. Youngjae was organizing some notes, making sure they were complete and not missing.

"Hey, how did you—"

Before Jaebum could finish his sentence, his phone rang. He cursed silently and answered it. Youngjae gave him a side glance.

"Oh, I'll be there."

Youngjae watch Jaebum picked up his notes and shoved it all in his backpack. Jaebum left without uttering any words to Youngjae. The younger released a deep sigh.

"If you're wondering. . . .I remembered because I was your best friend."

But Jaebum didn't hear it. He was long gone.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
I apologize if there's any error, but awww, my babyboy Youngjae