Chapter 13

Bold 〈 2Jae 〉

Youngjae had ran off when Jaebum asked him if he was free on Friday.

Youngjae was beyond in disbelief since this was the oddest request Jaebum had given him. They recently had been fighting and until a couple of days ago, he was helping him with his Biology homework. And now, he was asked out.

That was something he can't handle.

The brunette is pressed against his bedroom, his breath unsteady as he can clearly remember that moment.

Flashback:

"What?"

"I'm asking if you're free this Friday Choi. It's not a hard question. You just say yes or no."

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Is there a problem with you and me hanging out this Friday?"Jaebum questions, making the brunette fidget in his spot.

"So go out with me this Friday. It's just as an appreciation for helping me."

He was completely speechless. The redhead waited for a response but all he received was the younger boy running off as if his life depended on it. Jaebum was inquisitive but annoyed that his inquiry wasn't answered.

End of Flashback:

"Oh, I feel so completely idiotic."Youngjae groans and slides down against his door, burying his head on his arms. He couldn't imagine what tomorrow will be like."Aish! He's going to kill me or something."

The young brunette sets his backpack on the floor near his bed and drops on the soft mattress, trying to rid his mind of the words that left Jaebum's lips easily and smoothly.

'Are you free this Friday?'

"It's like a date. . .But then again, he's not into me. . .Nor am I. . ."Youngjae mutters with a bright pink hue on his cheeks, grabbing his pillow and squeezing it tightly, trying to contain his yell of curses. He knew he had to say something.

And that he will.

Jaebum on the other hand was walking down the streets, the scene that happened about ten minutes ago rewinding. He could feel a minimal pain but overall, he's annoyed. His phone was blowing up with messages from the group chat. But he didn't want to answer them.

The redhead stops and decides to check the messages and then leave the group chat. They were talking bull and he doesn't care about it at all. All he wants is for them to stop texting for one second.

His unanswered request kept bothering him and he doesn't know why. His phone began ringing and he exhaled angrily. Shutting his phone off, the auburn haired male tries to placate himself by breathing in the fresh air.

"Maybe next time."

• — •

It was Friday.

Perfect.

Just perfect.

Confidence was built in Jaebum's anatomy as he walked down to his study hall class. The first half of school was already done and he could feel something good was going to occur.

Taking a seat next to Jackson, Jaebum pulls out his Biology homework and reviews for the test that was later in the day. But his mind wasn't concentrating at all. His mind was visualizing some scenarios.

The teacher began taking attendance and as he finished, all students erupted into happiness. The redhead was quiet, his odd behavior didn't go unperceived though. Some people had noticed it.

"JB-Oppa. Are you okay?"Jaebum heard of his friend mocking him. A small smile lift on his lips as he turned to Taehyung who was grinning.

"Aisha, you brat. Quit being a fangirl."Jaebum comments and the brown haired boy would take a seat in front of him.

"But oppa is so handsome and charming! What happened? Is he going through his emo phase again?"Taehyung continued to tease the older redhead who smacks him with his notebook.

"Go away Tae. I got some studying to do."

"Aww, but JB-oppa, I thought you'd be studying with your new lover. What's his name? Oh right, Youngjae?"

Jaebum stops reading a paragraph and witnesses a devilish smile plastered on the younger boy's face. Somehow he couldn't respond to that sentence. It was if the world wanted him to accept that.

"Go bother Jungkook you idiot."

"He's not here in school and Jimin has class. But since you're here and you need some cheering. I'm here!"Taehyung grinned and pulled the redhead out his seat and both boys began to play fight.

"Oh, JB-oppa."The auburn haired male would shove Taehyung into Jackson who's trying to text someone. The dup began to spat insults at each other but stop when they saw Jaebum talking to someone.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you're busy."She asked politely. It took the redhead awhile to think of an answer because this question was related to what he had asked Youngjae and his mind went blank. On these occasions, he would answer quickly with a yes. But now, he wouldn't say anything.

Before the an answer could depart from his lips, he heard the door open and the girl repeated the question,"If you're not busy, can we hang out this today?"

The redhead turned and see the brunette who had ran off without answering him. Youngjae is frowning and he can see the hint of sadness within those innocent orbs. Smirking, Jaebum would look back to the girl.

"I can't."

Everyone widened their eyes. Youngjae tilt his head at this sudden response and waited for an explanation.

"How come oppa?"

"Because I got a date. . .With him."Jaebum grins, pointing at Youngjae who is now pointing at himself with his mouth slightly hang at the announcement.

"Wait, I got a what?"The brunette stammers trying to comprehend the moment.

"O-oh sorry oppa. Good luck. . .I guess."The girl bowed and rushed to the other side of the classroom. The redhead would rotate to the brunette who's looks so utterly confused. Which makes him look more adorable.

Youngjae walks up to the older boy and hisses in a sot voice,"What the hell JB."The older boy can see a blush on his face and that makes him grin even more.

"What? You weren't going to answer my question so I answered it for you."

"B-but I was going to answer your damn question anyways."

"Oh. So that means you would go out with me."

Youngjae is blushing a deeper shade of pink and that makes Jaebum smirk arrogantly at the younger boy who's trying to avoid a lot of attention on him.

"I didn't say yes or anything!"

"Youngjae, what did I ask you?"

"You asked me out?"Youngjae was confused on where this conversation was directing but the redhead had something up his sleeves.

"And what answer did I say?"Jaebum continued.

"You said yes."

"Then when I ask you on a date, what was the answer of to that request.?"

"Yes. . .?"

"Exactly."Jaebum clicks his tongue and Youngjae realizes the aurburn haired male had tricked in him into agreeing to a date. Upon his comprehension, the brunette would turn on his heel and shouts out,"I seriously hate you."

"You won't be hating me after our lovely date. See you soon Youngjae."

The younger boy rolls his eyes, his blush still remaining on his comportment,"Mr. Annoyingly Bold."

"So are you. After all, you managed to say yes in front of everyone. You might even say it somewhere else in the future."Jaebum sends him a wink and Youngjae is out the door before Taehyung could tease both male on their date tonight.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

even though i had a ty morning, i just wanna publish this early because i wanna end this story quickly huheheh

excuse any mistakes and i did finish this in study hall.

also i wanna thank you guys for all the reads, votes and comments. i honestly thought this story was pure terrible trash because i had no plan for it whatsoever but i guess i now know what the hell im doing. I love you guys~

Also: I sometimes forget to publish the new chapters here, if you want, you can find me at YJBGOD on wattpad.