Chapter 6

Bold 〈 2Jae 〉

Sighs.

That's what Youngjae has been doing lately. His health was alright but his mind wasn't. So much thinking made him kept sighing and drink coffee and tea a lot.

Youngjae was healthy on Monday, but he still didn't attend school, deciding to finish his section of the project. Eventually he did, but he had no idea what he planned to do for the rest of the day.

Mark had decided to come over with his assignments later in the day. The two were able to catch up on missing work and news. Currently, they were in the living room, laughing to the fullest.

"No way!"Youngjae giggled and held his aching sides.

"It's true! Like Yugyeom just stood up from his seat and—"

Mark couldn't finish his sentence and both were hitting the ground to enhance the laughing session. Their imaginations and funny stories had entertained Youngjae's sour mood. Both realized it had gotten late.

"Damn, didn't realize we could laugh so much and time could fly by."Mark sighed, managing to control himself before dying of laughter.

"Same."Youngjae stretched and ordered all his completed homework into his backpack and gathered their garbages and throwing it away.

"Ready for tomorrow?"Mark asked.

"Sure, I guess I am."Youngjae responded, dropping on the sofa before turning to face his friend who gave him a smile.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it will be fine."Mark patted Youngjae's shoulder and stood up, dusting off any excess food."I'll see you tomorrow then, okay?"

The brunette nodded and watched his friend exit his house. He pondered if things will be better between him and —

"Ah, forget, the stupid JB won't care. I'll just help him with his stupid project."

— • —

Youngjae walked down the halls, letting his eyes land on the correct classroom. He had asked the counselors where Jaebum was. He had to restrain from saying the horrible nickname he had gave the redhead.

Upon of finding the class, Youngjae took a breath and pushed open the door. He was greeted by a paper airplane. Groaning in pain, he cussed at whoever did that. Peeking, he immediately squeaked and was glad the paper airplane pecked his eye.

He didn't want to witness Jaebum making-out with some random chick.

It made him cringe and wanted to scream. Instead, the brunette declined the helping hand quickly and bolted out the room before anyone could ask if he had any serious injures.

Meanwhile in the classroom. . . .

"JB!"Jackson shouted.

Jaebum and the girl broke off their kiss and the redhead covered his lips with the back of his hand and made his way towards the Hong Kong male.

"You did realize Youngjae came, right?"

"He did? What the hell for?"Jaebum asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Weren't you working on something together?"Jackson reminded him, hinting to Jaebum what he meant. 

Jaebum didn't respond but sighed."If the teacher returns, tell him I went out to the office."The auburn haired male snatched his notebooks and left the ecstatic classroom. 

— • — 

Finding Youngjae was difficult, but oddly for Jaebum, he found the younger less than three tries. Pushing open the rooftop door, he walked gingerly around and tried to search for brown locks and a cute-face kid.

Sure enough, Jaebum found Youngjae laying on the ground with an impassive expression. The young boy was completely lost and unaware of Jaebum's presence.

"Why do I even bother?"

"Bother with what?"Jaebum asked, startling the younger. Youngjae jolted and stared at the older boy with wide eyes and vexation. 

"Nothing."Youngjae hissed and gathered his belonging. The brunette wanted nothing to do with Jaebum now or ever. Maybe.

The auburn haired male sighed deeply,"Jackson told me you came to my class. What do you need from me?"

"Tch, I don't need anything from you. I was only seeing if you actually finished your section of the project."

"Oh."The older male nodded slowly and scratched the back of his neck, not answering Youngjae about if he completed it or not. Avoiding the answer, Jaebum cleared his throat and decided to devise a plan.

"Alright. Let's work on it together after school. Sound alright?"Jaebum suggested, his arms folded against his chest as he stare down at the brunette who had an irritated expression.

". . . .Whatever."

Jaebum smirked and left the rooftop. Youngjae released the breath he had held and sat down on the warm cement ground. His mind was buzzing with numerous of inquires and dubiety. Disarranging his hair in frustration, unknown to Jaebum's true intention, the brunette mentally cursed him.

— • —

As the day ended, Youngjae was met with Jaebum waiting outside his classroom. The redhead flashed the brunette a grin and it was returned with a scowl.

Turning away from the older male, Jaebum caught up with Youngjae, who's stride were increasing by the second. 

No, Jaebum wasn't panting. He was just surprised that Youngjae was actually fast. It was complete silence as the duo walked to Youngjae's house. The brunette wasn't entirely comfortable since it was his ex-best friend. 

Jaebum let his eyes wander the house, surprised to see some items and color had altered when he was gone. Following after Youngjae into the living room, the redhead bit his lips in anticipation. 

One hand was tucked in his pocket, tapping his iPhone screen impatiently. He was waiting for something. Something that can make him escape the torturous moment.

Youngjae returned to the living room with his portion of the project and set it down on the coffee table. Jaebum blinked and glanced between the papers and the grim looking younger.

"Quit staring. And start working on your section."

"Seriously Choi. Be nice to someone older than you."

"Tch, why don't you be nice for the last few years and quit trying to be a boy?"

Jaebum head snapped up and Youngjae raised a brow, turning away. Biting his lips to contain a laugh, the auburn haired male asked,"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Now finish your stuff. Ask if you need help."Youngjae instructed and spun on his heels, maintains a solemn expression on his countenance.'JB, you need help in a lot of things, especially on how to not be a boy.'

It probably been over five minutes and Jaebum had to leave unexpectedly due to some reasons. Jaebum abandoned his section of the project and left Youngjae with it. 

"Oh, you must be ing with me."Youngjae groaned and lift up the piece of paper Jaebum was working on earlier. The only thing he wrote was one word. Face-palming, he decided to do Jaebum's part just because he was benevolent, unlike some people.

Youngjae was awaken by the sound of his loud ringtone. Rubbing his eyes, he answered the call and responded,"Hello?"

"Youngjae, you said JB was assisting you on the project, right?"

"Yeah. Like nearly an hour ago. But he said he had some family business. Why ask? 

"Right. Tell me, why does his family business include at least four girls from our P.E class with Jackson Wang? Oh, let's not forget to mention, they are really dressed up like they going to the club too."

By now, Youngjae was fully awaken. Astonishment filled the younger male as Mark revealed the truth.

"Wait, what?!"

"Yes, you heard me Youngjae-ah. Im Jaebum, the one and only prick, is sitting three feet in front me, flirting happily."

Youngjae didn't respond. Something inside him grew. Oh that,s right. Anger. Staring at the completed assignment and his on-going phone call, he scoffed and something immoral popped in his mind.

"Thanks."

Ending the call instantaneously, the brunette soft brown eyes were filled with mischief and indignation.

"If you want to play by that game Im Jaebum, then I'll ing show what I can do."

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Sorry for not updating since January 25th. This chapter probably . Sorry again.

Excuse any mistakes, I'll try to fix them later.