Chapter 6 - Play Guard Duty for Seepy Puppies

Many Paws for Thoughts!

Oh...hello

I haven’t seen you in a long while. Though let me just give you a deep sniff check cause I don’t want you to be a strange sparkle thing that is trying to steal ma puppies cause that would mean I would have to attack you.

You see, I’m on Guard Duty tonight.

Oh...yeah I forgot that you’ve skipped that bit but I’ll fill you in real quick since you’re not a nasty sparkle monster that wants to eat my puppies.

I’m not entirely sure as to what you are but you’re a good person I can tell.

Anyway, we got to Baekhyun’s house with no problems and I didn’t even chase after any of the strange snow lumps that keep turning up in all the gardens though I’ve got a nasty suspicion that they are all marking the way for the evil sparky things.

Though it may just have been the big one in the front yard but I was super brave and knocked it over with a barrel run cause Rourou wouldn’t stop barking at it but he’s got no strength the little fuzz ball and couldn’t make a dent it in.

So I knocked it for six and stopped any evil sparky thing from coming out of there.

Rourou seemed surprised and then tried to eat it the silly thing but that’s Rourou for you, silly doggy.

But we got into the house fine and I was meant to do a patrol to make sure that there were no more big evil sparkle things anywhere in the house but then I saw my bigger puppies and I couldn’t resist going and saying hello to them. Flower and Baekhyun have three big puppies who are bigger than both Panba and Squish and they smell different from their mammy’s and daddy’s but they’re still ma puppies.

The puppies here are called Sugarplum, Cakey and Bat.

They go to this big building every day where apparently they learn how to write and read and stuff but doggies aren’t allowed there and I get told off for slobbering all over their homework but it’s rather tasty and I don’t get to see them all day at all so I should be able to get their fuss and attention right?

Actually Flower had to tell them to stop playing with me, Rourou and Candy and go do their homework cause they were playing a bit too aggressively.

I think it’s good for them to play aggressively, else how will they fend off other puppies they meet?

Though maybe Cakey Biting Bat’s ear was a bit much.

But that was hours ago and they’ve made up so it’s all good now. Though Bat wasn’t too happy about being bit and made such a fuss about it all.

Though they gave him food and he was very happy after that.

So was I.

But after tea everyone had to have a bath and was being put to bed early cause Fluffles wanted to have a boring adult discussion and the puppies got fussy until they were allowed to put a movie on in their bedroom.

It was such a cool movie too! It was all these big white and black puppies rushing around making noises and being cute and there was this big scary woman who kept on doing nasty things to them or trying to do but there were other big animals and one kicked her into a vat of icky looking stuff and it was great.

Though I got told off a few times for trying to play with the puppies

Candy called me an idiot but they looked so real and I just love playing with puppies

But anyway, my puppies are all seepies now so I’m on guard duty with them. Cause that’s what doggies like me do. Rourou and Candy were helping but they’ve gone for a walkies and when they get back then I’ll be taken on a walkies too. I’m not sure who is doing them as all of ma Daddies are in the big room downstairs having a big meeting which doggies aren’t supposed to go into.

Which is fine cause I’m guarding ma puppies!

Oh...who’s this coming up the stairs? They’ve got big feet and smell like a sweaty printer...oh! It’s Chewchew!

What are you doing here Chewchew? You don’t look good; shall I give you a ?

Chewchew pets my head affectionately, “I’m okay, Hero, I just want to check on the kids.”

The puppies are safe with me; I won’t let them get taken by evil sparkly things. Look I’ll even show you myself that they’re all fine. See here’s Squish and here’s Panba exactly where they’re supposed to be and I’ve done a full check around the room several times and there’s no way for those sparky things to get in at all. They’ll literally have to come through the walls and that would just be messy.

Chewchew smiles faintly and chuckles, reaching forward to pat me on the head as he leans on Panba’s crib once again, “You’re doing a good job, Hero, thank you for looking after them.”

Aww yay, Hero’s a good boy. But Chewchew is sad, why is Chewchew sad?

“I’m just missing Tao, Hero,” Chewchew replies softly, looking down at his puppy in the crib and reaching out to her, “Every time I look at my daughter, I see him. I just want him back, alive and safe from whatever’s taken him but I don’t know where to even start. I don’t want my little [name] growing up without both of us by her side.”

Lightly I nudge Chewchew’s hand and nom on it harmlessly, he’s one of the few who can understand what I do cause he’s got this strange ability where he can sort of hear my voice but I dunno what its’ called. But he smiles cause he knows that I’m telling him to be strong for him and his daughter cause only big strong doggies end up winning in this life and it’s not fair for him to wallow in this self-hurtful phase.

He knows how to find Puff, he’s just scared to go down that road cause it’s potentially dangerous and I would do it bar I’m not designed for it.

I’ll protect Panba and make sure she doesn’t get stealed away.

“Thank you Hero,” Chewchew says, taking his hand back and immediately petting me with it, “Mind if I stay here for a bit? I need some time to think.”

No problem Chewchew, you stay here as long as you like. I’m sure I can get Flower to make you up a bed if you want to stay close to the puppies. Well maybe not me but Baekhyun will insist on it cause he always does. You know what he’s like.

There’s no response from Chewchew, except a sad little smile as he pulls up a chair and sits next to Panba’s crib. For a little while I just lay at his feet, occasionally nipping at his laces because it’s something fun to do and we sit in silence. I can’t read Chewchew’s thoughts and maybe that’s a good thing cause I wouldn’t want to pry too much into them at the moment because I bet they’re sad. But I’ll be waiting right here if he wants a hug or anything.

About half an hour later, Chewchew has drifted off to sleep and I’m on another patrol around the room to see if I can sniff out any troubles that are lurking around when someone else comes to the door of the room. I give off a little woof as a warning but it’s only Fluffles bringing back Rourou and Candy who leap about like crazy things cause they’re happy to see me.

I’m happy to see them too but they’re making too much noise and they’ll wake...oh no! Squish is crying now! Fluffles, what do I do? Squish sounds upset.

“Candy! Rourou!” Chewchew says as he snaps awake and moves to the other crib to pick up Squish to quietened her down, “Suho, take Hero out. I’ve got this.”

“You sure?” he asks even as he pulls on my harness with practiced ease and clips me in.

I don’t hear the reply cause Rourou is at my face to ask what he should do to stop Squish making a noise and I tell him to stop making noises of his own and be on guard duty cause we don’t want the evil sparkle things coming back and taking the puppies. Candy is already patrolling but she could be chasing dust bunnies for all I know.

Fluffles tugs my lead and we set off out of the house on a walk that’s mid-length. It’s not too long but not too short and there’s lots of smells and we run into other doggies. There’s Poppy the great Dane whose scared of her own shadow and certainly knows nothing about evil sparkle things and we also meet little Rita who’s just a floppy big footed puppy who just wants to play. She knows next to nothing either but I can’t really blame her.

Later we meet Petal and Humphrey who are having a good old tussle about and when I join in I learn that they’ve heard of the sparkle things too. Apparently another house got them the other night but nothing too bad happened. Sebby the cockapoo scared it off but they haven’t seen one themselves. I play for a little bit cause I need to get rid of some of my energy and then Fluffles is calling me back so that we can go home. For once I don’t question why cause he’s looking quite pale and giving off a stench of worry which has me tugging on the leash to get home as fast as possible.

We’re at the top of the street when I see it. Right on top of the roof of Baekhyun’s house is a very pretty, pink sparkle thing that is far bigger and stronger than the one I saw in Panba’s room and it must be working its way straight into the house from the roof!

That thing is not taking ma puppies!

A vicious bark rips from my throat and I bolt away from Fluffles, charging straight towards the house and I’ve no idea if he let go of the leader or if I pulled it out of his hand but I’m not letting that thing take my puppies!

The front door clatters open as I charge into it and I’m straight up the stairs cause there’s clearly commotion going on up there. It’s all a big world of confusion with people shouting, puppies yelling, doggies barking and I can see that Rainbow and Bun are trying to get the door to the puppy’s room open but it won’t budge.

Two barks from me has the pair pulling back and I charge the door with all my strength. I got told off at home by Daddy Sehun once for breaking through the bathroom door which had a lock on it cause I thought he was in trouble cause he was making all these odd sounds but it turned out to be Fluffles making him feel really good or something. But the door to the puppy’s room shouldn’t have a lock on it at all and whatever was holding it closed is clearly surprised cause it smashes through with a great big bang and I’m in.

It takes all of five seconds for me to glance around and see that Squish’s crib has been knocked over, but Squish is fine cause she’s in the arms of Chewchew but he’s lying down on the floor with a huge cut on the back of his head that’s oozing blood and he’s just lying there taking a nap which is not good!

Candy is trapped under the fallen crib and is barking furiously, Rourou is in a heap by the door after apparently being thrown back by something and standing over Panba’s crib, in the process of lifting ma puppy out of it, is a man whose tall with bright blond hair and eyes that are stark white. For a moment I think he’s Puff cause he looks so much like him but then the man hisses at me with sharp teeth and a tongue that is long and forked and there’s no way that he’s Puff.

A growl leaves my throat and I charge towards the man as he finishes pulling Panba out of the crib, only vaguely away that there’s slithers of ice and items from the room being hurled towards the figure who is rapidly retreating to a grey sparkle thing that has what looks to be some kind of door on the other side cause normally the wall behind Panba’s crib is filled with shelves of books and toys but I can see a city through it and other people who are dressed in the same robes as the man who has Panba.

Evil Man is not taking ma puppy away from me! Not a chance.

It takes all of a second to cover the space between the door and the crib which I leap over perfectly and my teeth latch onto the hand that the man throws out in front of himself to do something, like throw a spell at me, which makes him yell out in pain cause I’m not playing with him in the slightest.

However, the momentum of my run sends us both tumbling back through the sparkle thing and onto the very solid stones of some other place. Though I don’t really register that fact as I’m more concerned with tearing into the Evil Man who tried to take my puppy away from me and I barely understand what he says but someone else comes close to try and take Panba and I ain’t having that.

One hind paw smashes into the face of the first man as I jump the second one with a fearsome growl to force him to the floor but this time I don’t bite down on him because I can see Panba all wrapped up in her blankets, screaming her little lungs out and I know I have to get her away from these evil men. As quick as a flash I grab hold of her blankets and make sure that she’s steady before taking off as fast as my paws can carry me.

I don’t know where I am or where the door has gone but I’m sure that I can find a safe place away from these evil men who want to hurt my puppy. I’m also sure that I can outrun them too, so take that ers!

I disappear quickly into the maze like passageways of the city and don’t stop running until I can no longer hear the frantic yells of the strange evil men in the robes.

I may be lost in a strange place but I will do anything to protect my puppy!  

 

authors babbling: so yay, finally back after what feels like a freaking age and I can just finally relax now which is great. I hope this little madness of a plotline intrigues you and keeps everything going ^^