Chapter 12a Puff! Panba! Happy! How we get out?

Many Paws for Thoughts!

The lock is being even more naughty than the door!

 

It won’t open and no matter what Jintao does to it, it just won’t open.

 

Panba’s started wailing now too cause she’s spotted her Daddy and wants to hug him too which I totally understand but Heechul won’t go near the bars and he’s all confused which is just making our puppy wail more. She’ll bring the guards in but I’ll chase them off again cause they’re just big babies who are afraid of a doggie like me.

 

Cause I’m the great big Hero!

 

Finally, there’s a click and the door to the cage opens before getting stuck after a few centimetres but it clangs open the second I take a leap at it cause I’m done with naughty doors that won’t open today.

 

Puff practically scrambles over me to get to his puppy and I totally understand. He must have missed his puppy so much from the way he’s crying.

 

Heechul however looks worried and takes a step back, trying to protect Panba.

 

Ha! He says that he doesn’t like children yet he’s prepared to look after Panba as if she was one of his own. Silly big person! This is Puff! Panba’s Daddy. She’ll be safe with her.

 

“Please…please…” Puff says, indicating Panba with shaking hands, “Please…give me my daughter.”

 

I don’t think Heechul understands you Puff.

 

But Jintao does cause he’s been speaking to me and he translates to Heechul who looks a little reluctant still before looking down at Panba who is stretching out her tiny paw towards Puff and he nods before handing her over.

 

Puff pulls his wailing puppy into his chest and holds her there, smothering her face in kissed and just holding her tight. I can’t really understand him cause he’s still leaking water everywhere and Panba is still crying but it’s a happy cry cause she hasn’t seen her Daddy in a long while so I’m happily wagging my tail as I approach the pair.

 

Gently I nudge at Puff’s hand and at it and he lets out a happy sound as he kneels down to throw an arm around my neck and hug me along with Panba as he continues to snot all over the place.

 

“Oh Hero! You’re such a good boy! You came all the way here for me and Sophia?” Puff asks

 

I came here following Panba, Puff!

 

“Whose Sophia?” Jintao asks, his language skills actually sounding pretty good but I think he’s copying Puff’s

Puff looks at Jintao with wide eyes and indicates the little girl in his arms who is calming down now but that could be cause I’m nuzzling up to her and her lightly cause little puppies don’t need to cry when they see their Daddies and she is supposed to be a very happy little puppy indeed.

 

She giggles and I expect the gold lines to fly out again but they don’t, strange that.

 

Jintao blinks, “Oh…Hero call…baby Panba?”

 

“Panba?” Puff looks at me, “Hero?”

 

I have a lot of names to remember and Panba is Panba.

 

Jintao chuckles and shakes his head towards me, “Hero, you’re strange.”

 

“Yeah…anyway this is my daughter Sophia and I’m Zitao. Thank you for looking after the pair of them,” Puff says gently, nodding his head towards Jintao and then too Heechul.

 

Though I’ve noticed that Heechul isn’t really saying anything when normally he would be babbling away like a crazy thing. Cause that’s what he’s done the whole time that I’ve known him. When I look at him though, he’s gone all pale coloured and has his hands in front of his face as if he’s gonna throw up and that can’t be a good thing.

 

I pad towards him to nuzzle at his legs to check that he’s alright and he steps back, shaking his head and muttering something under his breath that I don’t catch before he stumbles against a wall.

 

What’s wrong Heechul! You’re not sick are you?

 

“Heechul?” Jintao says, moving quickly over to his friend only to startle when Heechul pulls back with an hiss and he’s suddenly very angry but I’ve no idea why.

 

“Don’t tell me you can’t see it,” Heechul hisses, glaring at Jintao, “Don’t tell me that you haven’t always know this!”

 

Am I missing something here cause Heechul hasn’t got a need to be angry

 

Jintao looks as confused as me, thankfully and he shakes his head, “What are you on about?”

 

“Look at him, look at you!” Heechul says, shaking his head, “You’re almost identical that I can’t tell you apart.”

 

Jintao turned to look at Puff and I tilt my head to the side because now I see them both together, they are identical. I thought that Jintao only looked like Puff before but now I can see that they are the same. Hmm that is strange. How can there be two Puffs in the world?

 

For a second Jintao is confused and then his eyes widen as he turns back to Heechul, “No! No…I’m not, there’s no way. Heechul please don’t…”

 

“Let go of me!” Heechul says, pulling away sharply, “I should have known better when I found you on the streets. I should have left you there to rot.”

 

“Heechul!” the words are tear laced and Jintao tries to step towards his friend, “Please, I’m not one of them. I’m sure there’s an explanation…please.”

 

“I said get away!” Heechul yells and suddenly raises his fist to punch towards Jintao.

 

I’m going to knock some sense into him.

 

Heechul crashes to the floor with me on top of him, growling warningly in his face cause he’s not going to hurt Jintao or put a risk to Puff and Panba whilst I’m around. For a few moments he still looks angry and then a startled breath escapes him. Something white flies out of his body, forming a ball shape but with eyes and for a second it is all angry and screaming in a high pitched voice and then it is in my mouth.

 

It even squeaks! I like this ball.

 

Can I keep it?

 

“What is going on here?” Puff asks, shivering as he holds Panba protectively to his chest and clearly keeping an eye out for any guards.

 

Heechul looks up at Puff before shifting to his knees to bow in apology and shake his head, “Forgive me. I didn’t mean to startle you.”

 

Jintao raises an eyebrow in question before letting out a sigh and looking up towards Puff, “The elders gave him some weird drink when we were captured. It produced the anger bubble which your dog is currently chewing on and it turned his panic into anger rather than any rational thought.”

 

“About what?” Puff asks, looking just as confused as he did before.

 

“There’s stories about the Elders sending different children off our world to explore the wider universe and they’re apparently bringing them back but they were only sent if they had an exact duplicate here on the planet,” Jintao replies, hoping to fill it in.

 

“You mean twins?” Puff asks slowly, blinking his eyes heavily, “But I was born on Earth…”

 

Heechul rose upright, “Earth?”

 

“My home planet,” Puff says as if it’s perfectly normal to do but considering Chewchew comes from a different world it is pretty normal for all of us. However, he shakes his head, “We can work out all of that later, we need to get out of this place and find a way home.”

 

“The elders control all space travel,” Jintao says in a sorrowful voice, “We’d never make it.”

 

Puff chuckles, “I never said anything about piloting a ship. I just need a communication device and I can have a lot of people here very quickly.”

 

I can see by the looks on Heechul and Jintao’s faces that Puff has got a lot of explanation to do and I personally can’t be bothered with it cause I know all of it already so instead I’m going to play with my new ball as it is really squeaky. I wonder if it bounces well.

 

OH! It runs all by itself so I can chase after it!

 

Ha you really think that you’re getting away from me?

 

I got you and I’m going to throw you so I can chase you all around this big crazy cage whilst Puff explains things and then we’re getting out of here!

 

Oh, why is the door opening at the end of the corridor?

 

Oh no! Not more men in masks! They are not going to get anywhere near my pack no matter what!

 

A howl of rage tears through my throat and I charge straight towards the men in the masks who seem just as surprised to see me as I am to see them and then I’m charging into the group with a fearsome roar ready to fight once again.

 

But one lets out a girlie scream that is just a little too familiar and I pause for a fraction of a second, sniffing the air…

 

Flower? 

 

authors babbling

slight change on my original planning for the ending of this chapter but that's the fun of writing sometimes. It totally surprises you. 

Hope you enjoyed and see you all again soon