Chapter 18

Many Paws for Thoughts!

Many Paws for Though

 

Chapter 18

 

Ma Beddy!

Yay! Finally, we’re out of that big old boring place and we have been given the all clear so we can all go home and snuggle up on the beds and things. Though at first, we don’t actually go back to our proper houses, cause of some lingering safety issues which is stupid because hello, Hero is here to scare off any more big sparkly things that dare come anywhere near my family.

Though it’s awesome because the place we’re staying is the old apartment!

I forgot how much fun it was!

And my stash of toys is still here!

Look there’s the blue spikey thing, three tennis balls, that weird duck thing that makes a really funny noise that scares the living daylights out of Rourou whenever I accidentally step on it, an old rope tug toy which Chewchew used to try and use in order to stop me from chewing his arm before he just basically gave up on that idea and let me chew his arm.

I never hurt Chewchew when I chew him, he’s too strong for that but he was worried at first.

Now though all I have to do is whine at him and he’ll give me his arm. He looks all big and scary and stuff but I’m bigger and scarier than Chewchew.

And I’m a softy. Well most of the time.

Unless you threaten my puppies of course, then I really am the biggest, baddest doggie in the whole wide world.

But anyway, back to my toys.

They all seem so little now but they’re perfect for Rourou and Candy so I parade around with them to get the other two interested – which quite frankly doesn’t take an awful lot – and we spend half of the night just running around chasing balls and playing tuggy or else rolling about and just having fun.

Rourou blabbles on constantly about all sorts of stuff which is hard to follow whilst Candy keeps on changing her mind and will play with us one minute and then go all haughty and go hug up with Puff. Granted I keep rushing back and forth to check that everyone is exactly where they’re supposed to be and Rourou does the same but we haven’t played in so long that it’s about time we had some fun.

That night everyone ends up sleeping in the living room, just cause I think no one wants to go to bed and after chasing the trailing bits of Monster Fish’s tails away – I don’t think he realised that most of the time when he falls asleep he turns into Monster Fish but Fish can be a little bit silly sometimes – so that Rourou will actually go to sleep, I flop down and am out like a light.

We spend maybe four days in the old apartment before being told that we can actually return home.

Though Puff makes a big scene because he wants to bring Jintao home with him but is told that he can’t just yet. I don’t quite understand all of the words that come out of Puff’s mouth, it’s clear that he’s not happy about it in the slightest but Chewchew calms him down and finally everything sort of settles back into the fun that we have all been having for the last few days.

Slowly everyone and their puppies peel off and we all head to our respective homes, though Bun, Rainbow and Pink are staying with Chewchew, Puff and Panba for an extra night because of some barrier that Rainbow has to bring down but I’m more keen to get home cause I’ve missed the place.

Daddy Sehun laughs loudly as I charge towards the spot where the strange man had been, only a stick in the ground marking where he was and I sniff at it just to make sure that there’s absolutely no sign of him anywhere.

“Hero! No snowman has ever caused a problem to the house,” Daddy Sehun continues to giggle, “Honestly, if we ever have kids we’re going to have to make sure they never build snowmen or else Hero will just knock them down constantly.”

“That actually sounds like fun,” Fluffles says, smiling from the now open doorway, “Come on Hero, lets see if you can find something.”

The strange now dead man is forgotten as I rush straight into my house and all the familiar smells wash over me in a brilliant wave that is just oh so glorious. There’s the living room with the big bouncy sofas that I can leap at, there’s the cupboard under the stairs with the noisy thing that apparently cleans stuff but won’t play fair in the slightest and the kitchen with its skittering floor.

Ow!

Must remember about that!

Claws plus slippery floor equal Hero hitting the cupboards.

Ohhh! My dinner bowl!

It’s full to the brim with food and the water bowl next to it has been changed but it’s got fresh water in it!

I’m soo hungry and thirsty!

Nom, Slurp, Nom, Slurp, Nom….

There’s my red ball! My big favourite red ball in the entire world and it still goes

SQUEAK!

“Oh great, he’s found that already,” Fluffles laughs, even as he’s taking moving pictures of me but I don’t really care. My tail is wagging back and forth and catching everything, including Fluffles legs but he just lightly pulls on my tail and complains about me having one because I usually get him.

“Hero! Come here boy!” Daddy Sehun calls from the top of the stairs and I charge straight up them in order to see what he wants because normally Daddy Sehun would be there just to play with me.

He’s grinning widely at the top of the stairs and catches me face in his hands once I get there, “There’s my good boy Hero! And because you’ve been such a good boy and went all that way to save Tao and Sofia, we’ve got something really special for you.”

Ohhhhhhhhhh! What have you got for me Daddy Sehun? It is another big large ball?

Daddy Sehun smiles and opens up a door which used to lead to a spare room that was quite boring and generally had stuff just dumped in it because no one ever really uses it but now…. Oh wow!

It’s a doggy bedroom!

There’s a big dog basket with all my toys in it, the wallpaper is all blue with white bones on it and there’s boxes of toys everywhere!

There’s even my Blankie from when I was a puppy!

Woof!

Immediately I jump on the large dog bed and start all the fluffy toys because oh my gosh I remember these! They were all the ones that Baekhyun bought me along with Pink so that I would have plenty of warmth to snuggle up with and everyone said they were crazy but I loved them!

There’s also a big rubber ball in with treats if you knock it about the right way and oh wow I am just going to be here for hours upon hours!

Thank you Daddy Sehun! Thank you Fluffles! I love it and I love you both!

I shall hug and and cuddle you and then grab a toy because I want you both to play with me! Cause this is just the best thing ever!

We spend the rest of the afternoon just rolling about like puppies, playing with all my old and new toys and having silly photographs taken and everything. It’s great and I feel so happy and glad to be home. Adventuring is fun, especially when I have to go and save Puff and Panba but there is nothing I like more than sleeping in my own bed.

Though as night falls and Daddy Sehun and Fluffles head to their own after we have eaten, they’ve had a wash whilst I chased off that pesky cat in the back garden who won’t take the hint that this is my garden and not theirs, and get dressed especially for the night.

I spend my time fixing my new bed just so because it’s got to be right by me and it has to smell perfect and everything. Of course, by the time I’m done faffing, I can here Daddy Sehun snoring – he claims that he doesn’t but he really does and he’s really really loud – and Fluffles muttering in complaint next to him.

Heading to the door, I bop it open with my head and pad over to their bed, placing just my snout on the covers to check that both are happy and fast asleep. Which they are because neither one woke up when I opened the door and normally I get grumbled at for that.

Happy that they’re safe and secure, I do a quick check around the house to make sure that any and all strange sparkly things don’t even think twice about coming into my house or anywhere else that I care about because if they do I shall bite down very hard and never let go until they disappear.

Without me or anyone else.

Satisfied that all is safe and secure, I head back upstairs to my room and leap onto my new bed in order to get nice and comfortable and stretch myself out. It’s been a long while since I could just flop down onto a nice comfy bed and sleep without having to wonder where I shall wake up tomorrow but I’m perfectly happy right now so I think I’ll…

zZzZzZZzzzz

The End

 

Don’t panic, there will be many more paws to come along. 

 

Authors babbling: OMG, I'm sorry to have taken forever with this chapter but between Nano, conventions and life I haven't had the time to keep up with things and it's just been a little bit on the crazy side. However we have finally reached the end of this paws story and Hero is all safely tucked up in bed which is something good right. 

I will be coming back with another story for Hero, because this puppy is just too damn cute to not write with and he is so much fn but I'm going to take a little break as I focus on other challenges. However there will be a Christmas story so keep your eyes peeled for that. 

Oh and if anyone has a suggestion of what adventure type thing they'd next like to see Hero go on, please let me know. 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed and thanks once again for subscribbing and commenting. 

And as always, big shout out to Aries for letting me take a small part of her quite frankly amazing EXO fanfiction and run with it. 

Anyways, toodles for now peeps!