Chapter 2 Playing inna the Snow

Many Paws for Thoughts!

Chewchew and Puff used to live with us in a big house that had many floors and was really good but a couple of years ago everything changed and we all got our own houses. I was a little sad at first, until I realised that it meant I had six homes to visit with six beds and loads of toys everywhere. Plus, the addition of my two puppy friends who we’ll be seeing later for lots of plays.

 

About an hour after everyone had said we were ready to go – it was actually only about ten minutes but I completely hate having to wait for anything especially when I’m going to go and see my two best friends in the house and plus it took an age to pick all the toys and put them in a place that my Daddies could find them to know to bring them along too – Daddy Sehun connects the leader to my harness and we’re heading out of the door.

 

Immediately my nose is twitching as I spot a big odd shaped man on the front garden and there’s only one thing to do when that happens. Bark at it and see if the man reacts. If it smiles and pats my head the end he is super friendly and if they run away, then they are someone who needs to be chased cause they have to be up to no good.

 

The odd shaped man doesn’t move and I continue to Bark and growl at it because it’s not doing anything and that’s just soooo strange. 

 

“Hero!” Fluffles yells, “Stop it. It’s a snowman, you silly dog. No Hero leave the snowman...”

 

Cause the strange man isn’t moving I charge an it and hit it in a full pounce.

 

Only for his head to fall off and that is just freaky.

 

Daddy Sehun! I…I didn’t mean to break him, I’m a good boy right?

 

 

“Ha-ha,” Pink chuckles, appearing with Rainbow and Bun as they’ve clearly got the message to go and visit ChewChew as well, “Kai had just lost his snowman.”

 

“You were the one who insisted on building it,” Bun says and he starts to make something whilst I’m getting pets from Daddy Sehun before Bun grins happily at me, “Oh Hero! What have I got?”

 

I don’t know what...wait is that a white ball? It is! It completely is. I want the white ball! Throw it throw it please Bun. Please!

 

Yes! You threw it...-happy wagging tail-

 

Where is it? Bun you made the ball disappear! Where the ball, I want the white ball!

 

“Can you please do that whilst we’re walking or we’re not going to get there,” Fluffles says, giving my leader a tug but Bun throws another white ball along the street and I go chasing off after it.

 

There’s some noise behind me of someone complaining and I think I can hear Rainbow giggling his head off but he’s got so many scarfs wrapped around him it’s impossible to really tell. Plus, I wanna find that ball! Oh look! There’s another, and another and another!

 

Wow how can there be so many?

 

And why can’t I find them all? Aha there’s one, ohhh I’ll go after that one as well now! Wah! Too many to chase all at once!  

 

It’s especially cool cause there’s none of those big brummie things that make a noise and I have to not go near cause I could get hurt. Least that’s what Daddy Sehun says. All the snow has made it very hard for most people to get around but we always manage fine.

 

Most of the houses around here are quite small but Chewchew’s house is a huge a single one floor place that takes five minutes to run from one side to the other.  Okay so I’m lying a little cause it doesn’t take that long but it’s still a huge place.

 

I remember when I first met little Candy cause she didn’t know what to do with me and she hid away and it took me forever to find her. Now she uses her hiding holes to jump me for instant games of tags. Rourou is still learning how to play with us but he’s learning and he’s so funny at times. 

 

Especially when he tries to pretend to be a big dog and bark at bigger dogs before coming to hide behind me. He’s a silly thing.

 

And whoa did I just get completely side tracked there, you’ll forgive me right? - cheek-

 

Bun keeps on throwing the white balls and I finally figure out that he is throwing snow at me!

 

Snow shaped into a little ball granted but it’s snow! 

 

No wonder I can’t figure out where to find them cause it all blends together.

 

I’ll also not admit to the fact that it took me catching one of the white balls in my mouth to realise that it was snow either. I’m too smart a doggie to fall for that old trick.

 

Plus, it gives me an excuse to knock Bun down which has everyone laughing. Laughter is a good sound and Bun is all wriggly now so he clearly wants to play so I’m going to give him a doggie tickle attack with my tongue.

 

“Ugh, Hero!” Bun complains cheerfully as he grabs my ears and rattles my head back and forth, “You are a great big lump!”

 

“Says the man who frequently tackles me,” Daddy Sehun complains but he’s smiling just a little too brightly to be really complaining which is a good thing.

 

Bun says something back but I’ve picked up a really interesting smell. Seems that there’s a new doggie on the estate somewhere cause I don’t know this scent. I can pick up Burney the terrier, Petal my bestest friend, Sebby the Cockapoo and his new addition to the family of Mikey and Poppy the great Danes and about fifteen other different dogs who I know in various ways from the really nice and friendly to the ones that I know to avoid.

 

I can even pick out the smells of all the cats on our estate as well as the fox who comes to visit.

 

I had to chase him off our bins once. I don’t particularly mind him but he’s not getting food out of our bin and making a mess and blaming it on me. Not if I can help it anyway.

 

But this new scent is really new today it may be a new puppy on the estate. I love puppies they are so cute, clumsy and they just have so much energy. But they do seem to think that I’m a big scary thing and I’m not a big scary thing.

 

I’ll play with then to prove it and let them win a couple of times so that they will play with me.

 

“Come on Hero!” Fluffles gives an urgent tug on my leader, “We’re never going to get there at this rate.”

 

That’s a silly thing to say Fluffles, not even Baekhyun would come out with something like that. But I do want to see my playmates and see if Chewchew is any better because he was mega sad last time I saw him and I had to give him lots of cuddles.

 

So I trot along to catch up and then overtake cause I’m the first line of defence when it comes to my Daddies and whatever big mean nasty thing has to get through me first.

 

The walk doesn’t take too long and as soon as I see the door of the house I’m bouncing in anticipation to get in, it’s dead easy to spot since its painted bright red and has a shiny reflective thing in the front which used to make me think that there was another me in the house and I would spend ages trying to find him.so that we could play but he was really great at hiding which was such a shame. 

 

Until the day I head butted the shiny thing in greeting and realised that the other me was in fact me anyway so I wasn’t able to play with the other me.

 

But I got the two puppies to play with now so that makes it all better.

 

“Okay, okay Hero calm down,” Daddy Sehun says as he undoes the leader from my harness but leaves it on cause it saves it being misplaced and having to play hunts for it later, “I know. I known you’re happy to be here. Man Kris really got Hero to like him huh?”

 

Fluffles nods and opens the door with a key he has before calling, “Watch out, big puppy about!”

 

That’s my cue and immediately I’m rushing indoors to find my two friends and Chewchew with a big bark of hello.

 

I immediately hear Candy yapping back whilst Rourou comes running to meet me half way and leaps at my face with a bunch of and a happy cry of my name. I nuzzle him back happily and then rush off to go greet Candy only to find the white fluff ball being cradled in the arms of a leaking Chewchew.

 

Noooo! Chewchew can’t be leaking water from his eyes, that’s not a good thing in the slightest.

 

I’m going to give him a great big hug and nuzzle his face because he shouldn’t be sad. That’s not a good thing. Not at all.

 

He let’s out a minor huff of complaint as I land on him but instantly he shifts to allow one of his arms free to hug around me whilst the other continues to pet Candy, “Hey there, Hero, I’m okay”.

I huff at him, cause clearly he’s not cause he’s got water coming out of his eyes but Captain Hero will sort Chewchew out and Rourou whines a little before clamouring up onto the sofa that we’re all on to snuggle up as well.

 

Chewchew smiles and hugs us all just a little closer but continues to leak wet stuff but all three of us just it away and snuggles all the more closer to Chewchew. 

 

authors babbling: teehee Hero is such a silly doggy but I have done something similar with my crazy puppy and it's great fun and tires them out beautifully too. 

Anyone got any guesses as to why Chewchew (Kris) is sad?