Chapter 8 - Rourou Protect Daddy!

Many Paws for Thoughts!

authors babble: switch of POV to Rourou if it weren't obvious

Oh no no no no no no no noooooo! This isn’t right! Everything has gone wrong and I don’t know why? I was being a really good boy and watching the pups because I am just as big and mean as Hero ever was and I was doing a really great job of it, even Hero said that, and now everything has gone wrong.

The big sparkly things just appeared out of nowhere and one of them trapped me under a basket! The humiliation! I was caught in a basket! I’m a big bad dog, not a little handbag carry on and yet I was caught by a basket and those things went straight for my puppies and I couldn’t do anything about them!

It’s not fair! I wanna help out and prove to everyone that I’m able to protect my pack! Candy is being mopey and of no use cause she got scared but I raised the alarm and barked my head off because I knew that would bring Hero and Hero would knock this stupid basket off of me and then we could both attack the sparkly things and send them away!

But then Daddy turned up and the sparkly things turned into men and they were so mean to him! They cheated by ganging up on him and making it so that he couldn’t move cause they grabbed him from behind and covered his mouth with something so that he couldn’t scream. I tripled my barking because I knew those men were going to do something bad to my daddy and make it so that we couldn’t reach the puppies and I tried charging at the walls of the basket that is enclosing me because it would have to give eventually and then I could go and bite all of these mean men’s ankles and make them let go of my Daddy and puppies!

Though the walls would not yield to my mighty attempts to get them to behave and the men were shouting something at Daddy and he was yelling back but the words were so strange that I could not follow them in the slightest and no one else was coming and then the biggest and meanest one struck Daddy across the face and one of the sneaky ones standing at his back shot his hand straight into the back of Daddy’s head.

It made a big horrible noise and sparks came tumbling off of it! Daddy went crashing down to the ground, spilling red stuff on the carpet and Mammy won’t like that but Daddy is not getting up and no! Daddy needs to get up cause they’re taking Baby and we can’t have that. Daddy! Daddy! Get up! I can’t chew through this basket quick enough! Someone! Come help Daddy! Stop them taking Baby away!

Suddenly Hero’s there and he’s being all big and loud and he charges straight for the strange sparkly men and I just know that he’s going to get Baby back and then we can deal out some justice. Hero! Come tag me in too and then we can be the awesome unstoppable team!

Hero?

Hero...where did you go?

Did you disappear through the wall? Where’s Baby, where’s the sparkly men and why is Daddy still on the floor not moving?

Let Rourou out of this cage! I wanna go and help Daddy!

Finally, someone lifts the cage and I charge straight towards Daddy because he shouldn’t be that way at all cause it’s a bad thing! I can tell because he’s not responding to me at all and he’s gone a funny shade of white and that’s not good.

Someone do something!

He’s not even responding to my and he always responds to that.

Thankfully a pair of big hands come around my middle and I’m pulled up, out of the way, though I’m not happy about it in the slightest, and uncle Xing kneels next to Daddy with that strange look in his eye that he gets and he’s covered by Uncle Lu and Xiu so all is good. Well the little rational bit of me says that it’s going to be good but I’m still mainly panicking because my Daddy is not right and I want him to be right cause then we can make everything right together.

We’re the unstoppable team when we’re together and nothing can go wrong!

Nope! Not ever!

After a few tense moments there’s a sound of a groan followed by a cough and Daddy tries to roll onto his back but is stopped by Uncle Xing and I’m wriggling around so desperately that Uncle Chan is forced to drop me to the floor.

DDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

“Hey there buddy,” he says weakly to me, holding on to my little body whilst I him clean cause I’ve got to get all of the red icky stuff off of him because he won’t get better if I leave it on him. He’s not pushing me away which is a good thing but he keeps on swaying and normally that would be fun but this time it’s completely not.

However, there’s people all around who know what to do and soon the house is filled with strangers which has Candy barking really loudly before going to find a safe place to hide after she gets yelled at and I’m not moving from Daddy’s side at all.

There’s a lot of men and women whom I don’t know and they’re all moving back and forth from where we are now in the kitchen to the room where the puppies were and they’re all making a big fuss about it. They want to move Daddy but he is being stubborn about it.

“No,” he grinds out painfully towards Uncle Su, “I’m not leaving...I need...”

“Kris...” Su says, placing his hands lightly on Daddy’s face, “Please, this isn’t good for you. We need you in a safe place and we’re all just as much worries as you are.”

Daddy shakes his head, “I’m not...leaving my daughter...”

“Kris, we don’t know where she is or why she was taken,” Su says so lightly, like it’s killing him to say it, “They tried to stop you going with them, hell they tried to kill you for all god’s sake. Your head looks like the back of a dumpster truck. Clearly they did not want you to follow and personally I would rather have you alive, safe and in a place where I know you are going to be secured and not in any more danger. We’ll get [name] back, we’ll be Tao back too and whoever has taken them will pay for what they’ve done but you need to be safe first and foremost.”

Daddy looks like he’s going to argue but then his eyes roll back in his head and I’m tumbling to the floor. Thankfully I get out of the way just in time but Daddy is really really sick and I just want him to be better and I want my family back too.

Candy comes out of her hiding place to give me cuddles because I’m so sad right now and there’s not a lot we can really do.

I wish I was big and strong like Hero, then I wouldn’t be like this and I could be off saving Baby too.

Candy nips at my ear, pouting a little and I at her snout to apologise but its’ all so sad right now that I don’t know what to do.

More men come to put Daddy on a wheeled bed and they initially want me to stay with the rest of my uncles in a different location. Fat chance of that, I’m not leaving Daddy unguarded.

As quick as a flash I’m dodging out of the hands that are trying to get me into my hated carry case and I’m dodging around legs, nipping at ankles to get the people out of my way before using a nearby chair to launch myself up onto the special wheeled bed and immediately I tuck right into Daddy’s side, grabbing onto one of the straps that is holding him to it and I dare anyone to try and take me away.

One soul is brave enough to give it a go and I growl out warnings towards him before snapping at his hand when he gets too close. “Okay, the dog is going with him,” he says.

I glance towards Candy who is currently getting fussed over by the kiddies who belong to Uncle Baek and she nods, telling me that she’ll keep them safe and that I’m the best one to go with Daddy to wherever it is that I’m going with him. I’ll keep him safe and won’t get caught by any baskets so if those sparkle things come anywhere near Daddy they’ll get their ankles ripped clean off.

A nice lady in the back of the big car smiles at me, petting my head gently, “Aww, aren’t you a good boy? Looking after your Master.”

I am a good boy! I’m looking after Daddy and nothing will hurt him ever again if I can help it. You just watch, I’ll be bigger and more stronger and scare those sparkle things away.

Though this strap is really rather tasty.

The doors on the big car close and we’re off to wherever, but I’ll keep Daddy safe, no matter what! 

 

authors babbling: my god, I thought Hero was hyper to write for. Rourou is just insane but he's the little fluff ball of the family really. Candy I don't know enough about unfortunately since we've seen no sign of her in a long while but we shall see. Don't worry though, Kris will be okay! I just have to figure out how to get a dog and a baby back home first...