Chapter 12 What Lies beyond the door?

Many Paws for Thoughts!

This door is naughty!

 

It doesn’t want to behave in the slightest and it won’t move!

 

All of the doors at home move when I push at them, except for that one downstairs which has to be opened by my Daddies because it slides and I can’t do that one.

 

But this door is just being stubborn and won’t give in to me at all.

 

Why won’t it? I don’t want the man in the Red Mask to come back with anyone who thinks that they can take me down cause that just wouldn’t be any fun in the slightest.

 

Plus, it means that I have to give up on the door and scare them off again and then get back to pulling on this naughty thing.

 

I’m not going to give up though! I will get this door opened I will!

 

“Hero,” Jintao’s voice is soft as he approaches and I glance at him before going back to tugging on the door.

 

“Hero!” Jintao says softly once again, “You need to put that down now.”

 

But I can get it open! It will open if I keep on pulling at it.

 

A hand grabs my collar and hauls me back, surprisingly me slightly cause I was not expecting it but it’s Heechul whose holding onto Panba who appears to have settled down but that could be cause her little helpers have returned and are dancing back and forth in her hands. They’re glowing a soft white colour now and they’re making my puppy look more like a little angel and she’s so cute that I forget all about the door as I’m hauled back off of it and just watch her.

 

Until there’s a slight metallic scraping noise and I turn to look back at Jintao who appears to know how to exactly open the naughty door. It involves pulling out a metal bar from a couple of ring things and then twisting the ring I was pulling on in a certain way so that there’s a big clicking noise and he pulls it open before dropping it with a heavy sounding thud onto the floor.

 

Yay! Well done Jinny! You’re a good boy

 

Jintao gives me a look that clearly asks what I’ve just called him and I just give him a slobbery kiss in return because he got the door open and now we can go down it and get out of this strange place. Leastways that’s what always happens in the movies and things right.

 

Heechul sneers at the dark hold, “It stinks.”

 

“It’s probably connected to the sewers but I doubt the Elders will go near it,” Jintao shrugs as he goes to fetch a light cause silly humans and human like peoples can’t see in the dark like we dogs can.

Time for me to step up and be a big doggie again.

 

Bravely I trot down the stairs that are present and sniff for any signs of danger.

 

Pahe this place really does smell bad and normally I wouldn’t dream of taking Panba anywhere near it in the slightest but in comparison to going after the big Red Masked man I’ll take this route. Plus, he was really smelly and clearly had never taken a bath or a shower in the past year or so. I could have smelt him a mile off if he had bothered to come out into the streets.

 

Granted this whole place smells really funny to me but this guy reeked.

 

He was worse than Baekhyun when he farts.

 

Then he has the cheek to blame them on me and I’m not that bad in the slightest.

 

Shaking my head to clear the thoughts of home because I’ve got a job to do first, I send an all clear bark up towards Jintao, Heechul and Panba and wait for them to come down. With the lantern that Jintao is carrying we can see further ahead now and it appears that the stairs lead to a long winding corridor that is made of a soft yellow stone and after a couple of paw steps it doesn’t smell so bad.

 

I think someone put the bad smell there deliberately to scare people off.

 

Jintao laughs, “Why would anyone do that?”

 

“Do what?” Heechul snaps and looks at Jintao funny.

 

A half grin is sent towards Heechul from the younger, “Hero says the bad smell could have been put there to make people not come down here, I can’t see the reason why.”

 

A confused noise comes from Heechul but I figure that it’s probably cause he can’t understand me. Actually now that I think about it, it’s a bit strange that Jintao can hear my thoughts as I’ve never met anyone who can. Well excluding Chewchew but it’s not the same clarity I think.

 

I’ll ask Chewchew about it when I get home, I hope this leads to a place where we can get home from or maybe somewhere that we can use to contact Daddies.

 

There again, how do I contact Daddies? I don’t have those square talky things and even if I did I don’t think I could use it.

 

Last time I tried I got a shock from it.

 

And it was hiding puppies from me cause I could hear them whining and calling but I could not find them and the only place that they were was on the square thing of the talky thing that Daddies use to talk to one another when they’re not together.

 

I’m sure that they’ll be a way to get in contact.

 

I’ve got to get Panba home, she needs her Blankie, bottle and a proper bath before bedtime.

 

Suddenly I come to a stop because I can hear a noise up ahead and for a second I’m ready to pounce and leap and make sure that everyone is completely safe and sound but then it registers in my mind as to what it is.

 

Someone is crying and they sound so sad!

 

I want to go and give them a big slobbery kiss cause they need cheering up so much! I’m going to go and give them a big slobbery kiss too! Just you try and stop me.

 

Trotting forward quickly I find myself in an open area that has a series of really big cages that are mainly empty and I can hear Heechul and Jintao behind me letting out gasps of surprise but that could be cause there’s several bunches of chewy bones lying around. I’ll leave them for the time being though cause I really want to get to the upset sounding person cause they clearly need a lot of loving and I can give them that.

 

Though there is part of me wondering why I want to give someone I don’t know so much love but I feel like I know that sound.

 

The last cage on the left is where the noise is coming from and as I peer around I can see a figure curled up in the corner, wearing a pair of faded grey pyjamas with little panda faces on them and there’s a crop of bright blond hair that I can just see.

 

Wait…if that Puff?

 

I let out a little whimper bark in confusion but the figure doesn’t move though its tears stop and I chance a glance back to Heechul and Jintao who have frozen in place because they thought that my bark was a warning to them.

 

Bless, they’re slowly learning. Not very well but they’re just people without doggies so they’ll get there.

 

Turning back towards the figure I take a good sniff of the air and I can smell kimchi, coffee and a faint metallic smell that comes from Chewchew’s home planet cause Puff has a little bit of that stuff on him but I’m not allowed to chew that.

 

Wait! Woof!

 

Puff!

 

Puff! Puff! Puff! Puff Puff!

 

My barks have clearly startled Heechul and Jintao cause they’re scrambling backwards with Panba whilst my tail goes ninety to the dozen as I paw at the bars of the cage to try and reach Puff!

 

Puff slowly raises his head in shock and he looks terrible! He’s been crying for an age by the looks of things and his skin is all blotchy and covered in muck and I’m pretty sure he’s hurt something cause I can smell blood on him but I’m too happy to see him right now to really bother.

 

Finally, though realisation hits and Puff crawls forward like a puppy to the bars and stares, “Hero?”

 

Yep! It’s me! Puff! I found you!

 

Sticking my snout in the bars as much as I can I place as many slobbery kisses on his face as I can and then suddenly Puff is letting out another wail and throwing his arms around me as best as he can through the bars and he’s holding on so tight that I’m getting squished against the bars which is making it hard to breathe but I don’t think that I could be overly worried about this.

 

Bar the fact I need to get him out of this cage! Daddy Puff shouldn’t be in a cage. Not at all.

 

Pulling back, I his face and go bounding after Jintao and Heechul to see if they know how to open the door so that I can let Puff out!

 

Jintao blinks, “Whose Puff?”

 

Panba’s Daddy! Well one of them! He’ll be happy to see her! I can guarantee that.

 

Jintao looks a little confused but nods and rushes past me to what I guess is the place where the door opening device is, shouting something to Heechul who follows me slowly back to the cage where immediately Puff is pulling me back into a hug and holding me tight. But don’t worry, Puff, we’ll have you out of there in a jiffy you’ll see!

 

Yay! I found Daddy Puff!

 

We can go home now right?

 

 

authors babbling: Finally Hero finds Puff - aka Tao - do you think he's going to be happy to see his daughter alive and well? I hope so too

Hope you enjoyed and catch you next time.